You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

Originally Posted by Number 19

What the fuck do some people want?

We have been giving out about Hicks and Gillete for long enough and as soon as it is suggested that someone else might be interested we fuck him off too. What are some people looking for? Cliff fucking Richards?

If these guys have sufficient cash to remove the Yanks and remove the debt from the company by issuing further share capital then happy fucking days. Is it possible that they could build a stadium? I cant say, but our current owners certainly cant.

i agree with all of the above

I agree that getting rid of the owners is of paramount importance as they are truly ruining our great club but please remember the reasons we are getting rid of them.

The stadium is a major issue and we are not even sure if the Prince would be able to build on for us. However the stadium would not be as major an issue as it is if G&H had not bought the club with loans. The fact they piled all this debt on the club is the major issue.

From Redzawi's translation it hinted that the Prince might in fact use loans himself in order to buy the club. So what use would it be getting rid of G&H or just one of them to end up with another (joint) owner who has done exactly the same as them. It would not improve our situation one bit and would make us look like even more of a joke than we currently are when in 12 months time we are back protesting against the new owner.

What we need is for G&H to sell the club to someone who will have the clubs best interests at heart or at least someone who is prepared to clear the debt that we have not for them to just cut and run and leave us with another version of them. What good would that do?

Any owner coming in needs to be prepared to:

Remove the clubs debt

Invest in the squad

Build at stadium (I don't think this needs to be immediately but at some point in the not too distant future in order to increase our future revenue)

If they are not prepared to do at least two of these then they are no better for us than G&H.

Just to reiterate: Yes we want rid of G&H as soon as possible but in a way that will benefit the club not leave it in the same position.:wallbutt:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for this.

Part of me believes if The Saudi's do get control of Liverpool they'll certainly be forcing the issue of having Middle Eastern players in the squad, and it looks like they'll be buying the club with debt.

I'm apprehensive to say the least

What a load of shit.

Making assumptions with zero proof.

Has the introduction of Arab players happened at Man City? No.

Has it been done at Portsmouth (even though you wouldn't notice the difference!) No!

Why?

Because they know their football is not up to that standard yet (which is the reason for the academies). To add Arab players would lower the quality of the team and stagnate success which will cost them money, exactly what you don't want if you've just forked out the fat end of 500M.

As for buying the club with debt. I think their gurantee's will have a lot more credibility than G&H and with far less interest and penalties.

Apologies if that comment proved too controversial to some of you. I'd better correct myself.

Yanks and Arabs are equally shite ;)

Yep and all scousers are thick, dole scrounging drug dealing scum.

Thought I'd even things up a bit.

Not nice is it?

A bit more thought next time sunshine, don't stereotype a race or culture of people due to your limited exposure or what the The S*n tells you!

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

By ROB HARRIS

AP Sports Writer<QA1>

MANCHESTER, England (AP) _ Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks

and George Gillett Jr. have confirmed they are looking for

outside investors.

In a statement, Hicks and Gillett said: “The owners have

jointly retained Bank of America Merrill Lynch and

Rothschild to evaluate the possibility of new investors

injecting equity into LFC. However, the process is at an

early stage, there is no agreement with any party.”

Sports investment firm F6, which is chaired by a Saudi

prince, has said that it had signed a deal with Gillett to

begin the process of examining Liverpool’s accounts.

By ROB HARRIS

AP Sports Writer

outside investors.

Well well well. The first bit of solid info. I assume that if an investor wishes to invest 70-80% that there would be no questions from the Yanks as long as the money is right? I assume Hicks will always want to retain some level of the club, while Gillett would be happy to just get out.

By ROB HARRIS

AP Sports Writer<QA1>

outside investors.

After the leaked documents i don't think Hicks and Gillett had much choice but to admit they are seeking investment.

Well well well. The first bit of solid info. I assume that if an investor wishes to invest 70-80% that there would be no questions from the Yanks as long as the money is right? I assume Hicks will always want to retain some level of the club, while Gillett would be happy to just get out.

It won't be the Saudies, not Faisal, anyway

There was a line in the another release which rubbished claims of an agreement already being reached, but I can't find it

from the offal

STATEMENT FROM GEORGE GILLETT & TOM HICKS

Liverpool Football Club 29 September 2009

Responding to recent speculation about the Club's ownership structure, a spokesperson for George Gillett and Tom Hicks, owners of Liverpool Football Club said:

"The owners have jointly retained Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and Rothschild to evaluate the possibility of new investors injecting equity into LFC.

"However, the process is at an early stage, there is no agreement with any party and reports to the contrary are wholly inaccurate."

By ROB HARRIS

AP Sports Writer<QA1>

outside investors.

There's something else that seems odd.

All this talk of an academy/ies in Saudi Arabia and North Africa seems very well and good but nothing has been said about money.

How much will it cost?

Whose fronting the cash, us, the Saudis or a 50:50 split?

Why has it been merged with Gilletts Petty Motors, are the 2 part of a single deal and if so is a fair potion of this gonna end up in Gillets pocket rather than the clubs?

I've got the feeling all this talk of a buyout has distracted the fans and media from asking these questions. The fact neither Gillett or Hicks is steering the conversation back to these points (especially given their championing of the Standard Chartered deal) makes me suspicious of this whole episode. Is the Prince being taken for a ride by the Yanks as a way of enticing the bigger fish out or parties that have shown an interest but have been so far unwilling to fully commit?

The longer the silence from Hicks the more uneasy I get.

Edit

ooops. Looks like thats offical. Not exactly full of gusto is it?

It won't be the Saudies, not Faisal, anyway

There was a line in the another release which rubbished claims of an agreement already being reached, but I can't find it

Wont be long until DiC get dragged up in name only anyway I'd imagine. Maybe Steve Morgan will make an appearance as we slowly regress back to 2002

from the offal

STATEMENT FROM GEORGE GILLETT & TOM HICKS

Liverpool Football Club 29 September 2009

Responding to recent speculation about the Club's ownership structure, a spokesperson for George Gillett and Tom Hicks, owners of Liverpool Football Club said:

"The owners have jointly retained Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and Rothschild to evaluate the possibility of new investors injecting equity into LFC.

"However, the process is at an early stage, there is no agreement with any party and reports to the contrary are wholly inaccurate."

Anyone else think that it's beyond the realms of possibilty that they had a bitch fight over who's name went on that statement first?

Wont be long until DiC get dragged up in name only anyway I'd imagine. Maybe Steve Morgan will make an appearance as we slowly regress back to 2002

I was thinking before... would things have worked out much better with DIC? They're having hard times themselves judging by reports from the last 6 months. They obviously aren't as skint as twit and twat, but they would have probably had to tighten some purse strings themselves.

Anyone else think that it's beyond the realms of possibilty that they had a bitch fight over who's name went on that statement first?

Probably.

The main thing is it seems both are working together on this, I had a bad feeling that there was a split in the camp again.