You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just a few thoughts........

Guest danhaddad

Guest danhaddad

Alright lads.

I have been reading this forum for ages now, and have been buying TLW from anfield for a few years. I have had a season ticket for 10 years now, and have never missed a home match, however shit ( ie vs Vitesse last year ), during this time.

I am not as lucky as many reds have been, as only being 18 i have never had first-hand experience of our all-conquering teams.

During all my time of going to anfield, there has never been a time of such general discontent. Frequent booing, abuse directed towards players and manager, shit atmosphere and even serioud arguements between fellow reds.

Many fans obviously grew up with the reds being the world's best team, playing great football, and being admired universally. I can therefore understand why so many find it hard to accept that Liverpool do not still continue in the vein, of winning major honours every year, instead of calling winning the Worthies Cup and finishing 5th a success. If Fulham or Charlton or Tottenham or any of around 12 other clubs did this, they could call it a success. Liverpool cannot. Liverpool cannot be attempting to finish 4th this season, with the boss saying it will be a struggle.

The treble was great, and I went to all the 3 finals. The FA cup final win against Arsenal was amazing, and the alaves game was undescribable - there will never be another game like it. I like all reds fans thank GH for these moments. They are what makes football the greatest thing in the world. Rugby is shit, i dont care what anyone says - You cannot beat the feelings of a football fan- true jubilation, which i have never experienced outside football.

The trebel was made even better by our league form, and the next season we finished 2nd above the mancs, with enough points to have won the league in many other years. That was a great achievement, considering we played so many games in the Champs league in our first season in it.

I sometimes wonder, what would have been if Hamann was not withdrawn against Leverkusen. Im sure we would have come through. Then it would have been the mancs in the semis, and over 2 legs we would have held a huge advantage, with our ability at the time to go away, and come back with great results.

It like the Leeds situation. How close were they to the Champs league final against an average Munich team. Football is a game of close margins. Look where Leeds are now - If they would have gotten to the final and won..............................

We could have been in a final with Madrid. OK we may have been outclassed, but at that time how many times were we outclassed?? We would always come through on the big occasion and get some big peformances from Stevie, Sami, Micheal, Gary Mac etc etc...........

People will probably criticise that paragraph. Its all ifs and buts. BUT we were so close from a champs league final where anything could have happened. I think that was GHs big chance to become a legend - but he blew it with a bizarre tactical decision.

ANYWAY BACK TO REALITY.

I feel that I had to write that to justify what I am about to say. I dont want people to think that by criticising GH and the team that i am not a ' true red '. I hope i have shown that I had a lot of time for GH. He did great things. The best of GH was 100 times better than the best of Roy Evans. But the worst of GH i believe is worse than the worst of Roy Evans. Still following.

The premiership if our bread and butter. When we won the UEFA cup, it was important at the time - it showed we were on the road back after such a long absence. We have won it now, and as we are stuck with being in it now of course it would be nice to win it. There are some great teams in it Roma, Valencia etc...

Even so, i wouldnt be too dissapointed if we were knocked out. What would us winning the UEFA cup solve/prove?

The premiership is the number 1 priority - i dont care what Wenger would have you believe. It is the best league in the world. The crap teams in the prem are better than the crap teams anywhere else in the world.

IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE THAT WE ARE IN A SUB-LEAGUE. We have been cut off from Arsenal and the mancs and even Chelski. No excuses for this GH. 2 years ago we came 2nd. You have spent money since then to take us to the next level, but you have fallen well short a la Roy Evans.

You have bought badly. Not neccesarily awful players, but too much money for dead wood. Diao - the new Viera who is no younger than the real Viera. 5million. Cheyrou - The new Zidan. Fuck off GH we are not stupid. He may look a bit like him and prance about in white boots but the new Zidane.......:no :

I think GH does his pre season shopping mail-order. I'll have a Zidane a Viera and a Desailly please.

I think anyone who says anyone could manage Chelsea is wrong.

Would you truse GH with any more money. I want GH to go before he is allowed to open Moore's cheque book again.

Shouting abuse at players does not make you a bad fan. Its OK to become frustrated, when you are being forced to accept players who do not know the meaning of wearing a red shirt.

Number 8. Prime example. He is frustrating and you can not have a go at any supporter you slags him off ( unless he starts chanting his name if he scores a tap in ). He has so much ability potentially. This is beyond doubt. But when he falls over in the middle of an attack, clutching his ankle, when we all know nothing is wrong with him................ You see players like stevie or semmy who are bursting with pride and passion, and then you see the waste of space shit-house.

Players with less ability than him have come to Anfield, tried their best and succeded. The fans love a player who shows effort.

TITI CAMARA.... I LOVED HIM he was not a good player - but always gave his best and gave us some great moments. He played on the day of his fathers death - what a fucking man.

I remember when we signed him, i was in Marseilles, and i asked a local about him, who lauged and said he was shit. Carra said he was shit in the interveiw in TLW, but he still gave effort and did well for us.

There are too many players at anfield who are shit, and give no effort. We can not carry so much crap.

GH is responsible for this. He is a shit motivator. They came out for the second half against Southampton - and no change. Southampton should have been 4-0 up before we scored , but for Kirky and Pahars missind inexplicably.

GH is a great manager when you are successful. He says the right things and he clearly love the club.

When things start going wrong GH is a shit manager. He is stubborn, insults the fans intellegence with saying we were unlucky, shots on target etc.......... This is why are slumps last so long. There is no fresh thinking. No Plan B. Same shit every week, until we get a bit of luck and win a game. He infuriates me. Saying we should have won. FUCK OFF.

Why cant we play at home. We have lost 5 home games this season already. Our home form is relegation standard. When was the last time we turned a team over. Even when things were shit with Evans, you always thought we give a team some backlash. We thrashed teams as often as the mancs then. We never do it anymore - even teams like Tottenham and Man City and even Pompey can give teams a good beating. With all the money we have had to spend, we should not worry about games against average teams like Southampton.

The differenece is the manager. Strachan motivates his players. He buys well. He dosnt give his fans any shit. He will come out after a defeat and admit his team were crap and changes are needed. This is why the fans will stick by him during a bad patch, and why we now hate GH - As i said when you are losing games Houllier is the worst manager around.

Things must change. A fresh start with a new manager, coupled with the return of key men, would revitalise us. I am sure. I think is not so important who the new man is, but if GH is to go it MUST HAPPEN NOW. The longer he stays, the worse state the club will get into. Players like Gerrard and Owen will take us to glory, but Houllier must go sooner rather than later to ensure they will still be aroud next year. You can tell by the way Owen plays and talks always Champs League that he needs a new manager, a new inspiration.

Anyway, that post probably made no real point. We are all reds, and need to pull in the same direction. For that to happen GH must go, so this in fighting can stop. I for one will be very happy for him to go, so i can remember him for his achievements.

Cheers.

Dan.

:thumbup:

A good post which I enjoyed but for the following -

"Shouting abuse at players does not make you a bad fan. Its OK to become frustrated, when you are being forced to accept players who do not know the meaning of wearing a red shirt."

It does make you a bad fan - keep your frustrations to yourself - you are a supporter and a good one do not reduce yourself to the level of the boo boys when you can articulate your frustrations pretty well.

Keep posting though as I say most was good stuff and I would agree with.

Guest danhaddad

I'm not saying that shouting abuse at the players is right, and I in no way condone it.

Im relating mainly to the case of our number 8, who does puts nowhere near enough effort in. When he lies dead on the floor, it really enrages alot of people, and I would not criticise anyonw who takes a swipe at number 8 in these circumstances (ie. every game).

Shouting at players is wrong. The ''fans'' who shouted at Vlad on sat. are knobs. He is not the best player in the side, and is in there due mainly to injuries. You can tell Vlad cares about the club and wants to win. He is not a great player - so if he does something shit, he donst deserve any grief for it.

There are many knobs who will shout at stevie for a misplaced pass, or at igor if he gives the ball away. If the players put in 100% on a match day, but make a few errors, it is not right to have a go at them.

I was merely saying that there are some individuals, principly our number 8, who dont deserve the support of the fans, and getting theie names chanted, when people like Didi think that they do not get vocal appreciation from the crowd.

Cheers.

Dan.

Guest Original202

"GH is a great manager when you are successful. He says the right things and he clearly love the club"

I dont agree with that. When we win he sensationalises things and revels in people's praise of him. He basically talks shit 99% of the time. When we win, he thinks we're the best side in the world "We beat a good side today". Fucks sake, we just beat West Brom 2-0!!!

When we lose "We were unlucky/we were tired/we had injuries/there was leaves on the track"

Shut up!

Nice post though :thumbup:

I find it hard to believe that there is anybody left who still defends Heskey.

His goal record is poor, but that isn't because he is a poor finisher.

he hardly has any attempts on goal. Last season he managed a goal attempt every 67 minutes according to OPTA.

He spends most games limping around and holding his head and normally goes off "injured" if we are losing. However, he is always fit for the next game.

He makes no effort to get in attacking positions when we go forward, usually jogging across the half-way line as we attack.

I've seen some crap players at LFC, but nobody has ever infuriated me like this man. How the people on the front row of the Paddock restrain themselves from punching him as he goes off is a mystery to me.

That about sums it up Hermes. Seeing him lying in the six yard box when we're trying to attack is one of the most depressing sights I've seen. You just KNOW that there's fuck all wrong with him, but it disrupts any attacking rythm we're trying to build up. It happens almost every game too.

"He spends most games limping around and holding his head and normally goes off "injured" if we are losing. However, he is always fit for the next game.

He makes no effort to get in attacking positions when we go forward, usually jogging across the half-way line as we attack."

is right.

I do agree with all that is said about our number 8 and probably defended him longer than most, however if I hear a conversation were he is being slagged off it makes my blood boil. While he has the Red Shirt on I can't help but be defensive towards him. At the ground I don't cheer him, but I don't like him being slagged off, unless it's by another Red.

What does everyone else think? You must have heard him being criticised by a non-Red. Do you agree with them, stay quiet, disagree with them?

.....forgot to mention. Great article Dan. I am still a Houllier supporter and will until he goes. Rightly or wrongly I can't help it (see above article). Still it was so well argued it really is impossible to reply against. Love to hear more stuff from you.

I didn't cheer when he scored on Saturday or against Leicester or Birmingham. If fans of other teams have a go, I just agree. You know they're right.

john - you're better off not going if that's your attitude. Emile is not my cup of tea by a long shred and I'll happily pay for his taxi to his next club but while he still wears Red on that pitch he still deserves support. Anything else is childish in the extreme.