1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He will be in charge the whole time

Exactly, as if the trustees won't do exactly what he wants. He still owns the club. It'll last as long as it needs to.

The government should seize the asset, not that it'll happen.

Guest Alex_K
18 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So he isn't selling up?

This is just a way of swerving any sanctions he may get, which the government helpfully told him about several days ago?

No. Come this time next week it may be literally impossible for CFC to receive funds from Russia (directly; indirectly). It is unclear how much they truly generate to finance the club (and where funds such as sponsorships etc generate outside of Abramovic’ personal slush fund). It is an absolutely major development. Everton may be in same boat.

At the moment it doesn't change a thing.  Its a stalling tactic to see if this all blows over.  If it doesn't and his UK assets are siezed and liquidated basically Chelsea will probably get away with owing Abramovich £1.5bn and that debt to him will be written off. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

If Abramovichs assets are frozen then in theory, Chelsea could become nationalised. First thing their fans will notice is limp cheese sandwiches at half time.

The pork pies can be used as missiles though.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I'd have Reece James and Mason Mount from them. Reece James would allow us to push Trent into the midfield. 

I'll never understand the urge to push the best possible right-back for the way we play into a different position.

Maybe we should put Virg in goal, Mo at left-back and Ali up front.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'll never understand the urge to push the best possible right-back for the way we play into a different position.

Maybe we should put Virg in goal, Mo at left-back and Ali up front.

Trent would be Gerrardesque in midfield. Remember the game against Real Madrid last season and the game against Inter a few weeks back? Trent has vulnerabilities defensively.

Guest Alex_K

Lukaku may be richer than the club now: could get the last laugh. Will be interesting to see how they meet payroll next period.

I think in Chelsea's last accounts, it came out very apparent that they were still dependent on the owner putting money into the club. If he or his company is blocked from doing that, they are fucked. They are pushing way above their weight.

Having thought about this and it changes nothing. He owns the club, has a £1.5 bill loan outstanding but is just stepping down from the day to day running of the club.  Have no doubt some Tory cunt has tipped him off that he needs to change the "visuals" to avoid having the club seized .  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

Having thought about this and it changes nothing. He owns the club, has a £1.5 bill loan outstanding but is just stepping down from the day to day running of the club.  Have no doubt some Tory cunt has tipped him off that he needs to change the "visuals" to avoid having the club seized .  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60549390

Their support is an absolute embarrassment....grown men in their 40's and 50's waving and carrying those stupid fucking little flags they have handed out.

• Upvote 1

They've reinvented themselves since they came into money under Harding, but traditionally they were always a Wimbledon-esque club of yobs both on and off the pitch, I wouldn't wipe my arse with them. Clown club, good for nothing except laundering the reputation of a man who looks like he's just been killed in the Matrix.

• Upvote 1