You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cestrianred

Just out of curiosity, what has Roman done wrong? He hardly speaks out in public.

I see what you mean about them generally but just can't understand why you hate Roman.

It seems odds on that you have had fairly limited or no dealings with the Russkies. Try imagining a country ruled by uber criminals, mafia are choir boys compared to these guys. Then try imagining what it takes to become one of the top three most powerful guys there. Then you can stop asking what Roman has done wrong. The real question is what Roman has not done wrong...

It seems odds on that you have had fairly limited or no dealings with the Russkies. Try imagining a country ruled by uber criminals, mafia are choir boys compared to these guys. Then try imagining what it takes to become one of the top three most powerful guys there. Then you can stop asking what Roman has done wrong. The real question is what Roman has not done wrong...

mong_tescos.jpg

When Scolari went last season everyone was banging on about how old their squad is and how they needed an injection of youth in the team.

That's all been forgotten now, despite the players all being a year older and only two players brought in.

They're an absolutely fucking mad club when you think of the stuff that's gone on with them just over the last twelve months, but after they beat Tottenham like that I'm definitely more concerned. Seeing how their manager handles game against us, arse and the mancs should be really interesting.

In all honesty, other than yesterday they've had a pretty easy start to the season (which they've managed to make hard work of). I would have expected them to easily have maximum points.

I always cringe when reading or hearing a Liverpool fan take this view. So far this season we've been beaten by two sides we should be beating ourselves, one of the teams Chelsea have already beaten.

For the person calling me a mong, thank you for that. For the possibly same person negging me for "total speculative bollocks", all I can say is that my opinion has nothing to do with speculation.

I have dealt in business with these guys, not Abramovich himself obviously, but with the system he is the prime and most successful example of. I even used to speak Russian reasonably well. That is in the past now as I decided to have nothing to do with them any more, if at all possible.

Mong, well, the Russkies have called me worse...

• 12 years later...
11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Roman Abramovich has passed on the stewardship of Chelsea to the trustees of the club’s charitable foundation.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/26/abramovich-hands-stewardship-and-care-of-chelsea-to-charitable-foundation

Three obvious ways it could go from here: No real change, a Leeds-style fire sale and collapse, or an Arsenal-style decline.

Then again, if they really do have debts of £1.5bn then it’s hard to see who the hell would take that on, or how they’d raise that from selling players. So there’s a chance they could just disappear off the map altogether.