You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weekend's other football

Stephen Adams.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't take any joy from City winning United.

It's everything that's right and wrong with football wrapped into one. Whilst we drew v Norwich.

Ah come on Ant, just enjoy the moment for a few days. The Evil Empire have just been beaten 6-1! At home!

Do you think they would be so generous if it was us on the end of a defeat (at home!)? No fucking chance! Christ almighty, the slagging I was getting after drawing 1-1 with Norwich!

No, enjoy it, it doesn't happen enough. Who knows, in the long run it may just be one of those things. We know Utd have the mental strength, lets see how City handle the mantle of favourites?

I've read your posts for some time and it doesn't seem like you take much joy from anything.

So City have spent a bit of cash, just like every league champion in living memory, in no way should that detract from the unadulterated pleasure of seeing Manchester United ship 6 goals at Old Trafford.

Man Utd lost 6-1 at home. If you can't get any joy from that then you need your head examined. And don’t for one second tell me that anyone here wouldn’t have been over the moon if we’d landed Aguero and Silva. We spent £110m in a matter of 6 months so it's not like we've been grasping tightly to the purse strings and tut tutting at the frittering new moneys.

Man Utd lost 6-1 at home. If you can't get any joy from that then you need your head examined. And don’t for one second tell me that anyone here wouldn’t have been over the moon if we’d landed Aguero and Silva. We spent £110m in a matter of 6 months so it's not like we've been grasping tightly to the purse strings and tut tutting at the frittering new moneys.

totally agree with this, i find some attitudes on here hypocritical.

I stood in the Kippax along with my boss when we relegated them with a 2-2 draw and watched Kinkladze score one of the best goals id seen live. McManaman played a blinder that day and i was in my LFC shirt and took some abuse but it was all good natured. Yes there are some whoppers on their forums but thats generally where they will materialise, fucking armchair managers. Anyone that can compare real city fans to UTD fans are talking out their arses. I actually found solidarity with most of my mates who were die hard blues when i was working in Manchester as they hated the scummy fuckers more than i did.

Granted now they weren't a threat back then but they have taken as much abuse from those Utd cunts as we have over the years. I wish it was us up there but after the five years we have endured thats a way off yet. Fair play to them and if they stop chelsea and Utd all the better.

Christ Johnny, slightly different context our 'spending spree'! £110m, with £60 million back, compared to almost £500m with next to nothing back, not to mention wages of50-70 thousand per week compared to 200,000 per week!

I was as happy as most reds, but City are potential game changes and their fans to a man have come across as classless pricks when I have been to main road.

Didn't take long to develop some genuine hatred for Chelsea.

City don't have Mourinho to stoke the fires, but I'm sure I'll be hating them too, soon enough if they win/buy everthing in sight.

Not the same deep-seated irreducible eternal hatred as I have for the Scum, of course. But hatred just the same.

Exactly. It was brilliant.

What a shame it is we didn't get Silva though, he's just a joy to watch. Quietly trumps Aguero as a player for me, though there isn't much between them.

It's everything that's right and wrong with football wrapped into one. Whilst we drew v Norwich.

I have to admit that this thought has crossed my mind several times as well. But still, it's quite nice to see those cunts get a bumming at their own place.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I negged you because you called someone a twat for no reason and asked for others to neg him because he questioned how certain players would perform under a different manager.

I cant think of a more pathetic thing to do on a forum, the only thing that comes close is crying on the same forum because someone has negged you instead.

HTH

You are such a massive dick. Most people dislike you immensely. You're an object of ridicule on more than one forum.

I found it hilarious watching united get bummed. But also thoroughly depressing at the same time seeing the wealth of talent City have and how incredibly difficult its going to be to overhaul them in the future never mind worrying about United and Chelsea.

But who knows what the future holds. If we go about our business the right way on and off the pitch the skys the limit.

You are such a massive dick. Most people dislike you immensely. You're an object of ridicule on more than one forum.

Do you ask for other people to get negged too?

I have no problem being disliked either, it just tells me I`m 100% right when the masses of whoppers disagree with me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Do you ask for other people to get negged too?

No.

I have no problem being disliked either, it just tells me I`m 100% right when the masses of whoppers disagree with me.

I find actually being right a better indicator of truth than everybody saying you're blatantly wrong. Your mind clearly works differently, so I'm not shocked you think being so blatantly wrong is an indicator of correctness for you. Logic fail.

You're blinded by your irrational hatred of players and managers. You seem to think players/managers you like are good just because you like them or bad just because you don't.

No.

I find actually being right a better indicator of truth than everybody saying you're blatantly wrong. Your mind clearly works differently, so I'm not shocked you think being so blatantly wrong is an indicator of correctness for you. Logic fail.

You're blinded by your irrational hatred of players and managers. You seem to think players/managers you like are good just because you like them or bad just because you don't.

What on earth are you talking about?

I dont hate anyone, why should I?

No.

He's also an egomaniac.

A massive windowlicking egomaniac.

Part of me smiled at the utd result... But I generally don't hang my hat on their results, I'm more bothered what we do than what anyone else does.. But listening to their fans on various phone ins did make me laugh..

City were frightening though, they were ruthless in what they did to utd, it's one of the most shocking results the league has ever thrown up.. Hats off to them

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I dont hate anyone

Aye, that's why you repeatedly neg people for saying anything remotely positive about Rafa. Time and time again you do it. You're a Gervaisian mong.