You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather vs Marquez

Byrnie

I think Mayweather is a class act in and out of the ring. He makes a brilliant wrestling style baddie or 'heel' but is actually a consummate professional and a good sport. The fight with Pacquiao (should he beat Cotto) could be one of the biggest fights ever.

What makes Mayweather so good is his brilliance at switching styles, whilst maintaining that ability in each style. He's impossible to figure out.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayweather is a technically brilliant boxer but fucking crap to watch fight. Every fight is a re-run of the last. The only reason I watch him fight is to watch him get his head kicked in, and that ain't going to happen.

No way would I watch him fight on PPV, even if it is against Pacman, the guy just wants to 'spoil' fights.

Anyone got a link to watch the replay of this as the stupid Sky fuckbags fucked up again the stupid fucking fuckheads. I was away last night so i recorded it but the fucking idiots put the schedule to end at 5am so thats when my box stopped recording one minute into the 6 round with Mayweather looking fantastic, i got the result but i want to watch the last 6 rounds.

Fucking sky fucklords.

Anyone got a link to watch the replay of this as the stupid Sky fuckbags fucked up again the stupid fucking fuckheads. I was away last night so i recorded it but the fucking idiots put the schedule to end at 5am so thats when my box stopped recording one minute into the 6 round with Mayweather looking fantastic, i got the result but i want to watch the last 6 rounds.

Fucking sky fucklords.

This isn't going to help you but I Sky plussed it last night and it worked fine.

This isn't going to help you but I Sky plussed it last night and it worked fine.

I have NTL over here, i take it the sky plus one adapts to the time, fuck i'm going to have to get onto NTL instead then.

Just seen the rest of the fight, i thought Mayweather would win on points alright but not by such a wide margin, total domination but hopefully he fights someone his own weight next time. Mosley would be nice but he'll probably avoid him.

Marquez really couldn't handle the jump and his last fight was a war against Diaz so he was never going to be close if Mayweather was on top of his game which he was. Mayweather looked in fantastic shape and his defence was unbelievable, its brilliant to have him back as it adds to this excellent weight class.

Haha just seen the interview, Kellerman the interviwer is a complete tool, he had two brilliant boxers arguing and yet he acted like a child being picked on, Mayweather telling him to shut up was brilliant....

[YOUTUBE]TFPGYr2N_Sc[/YOUTUBE]

Seen him interview Malinaggi recently when he had been robbed against Diaz and shit all over himself when Malinaggi starts cursing, the guy should be sacked he's one of the worse interviewers out there!

[YOUTUBE]UV1CffOp_4A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That guy interviewing at the end was a douche, I'm glad Floyd called him out on it.

Just ask the question quickly and shut the fuck up.

No one wants to hear that guy they want to hear the fighters, then he keeps pulling the mic away when he's trying to talk what a dick.

Doesn't he realise it's good entertainment to hear Floyd and Mosley trash talking each other? whys he trying to stop it for fuck sake.

The UFC embrases it like this time:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9SgBl_KxU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9SgBl_KxU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That guy interviewing at the end was a douche, I'm glad Floyd called him out on it.

Just ask the question quickly and shut the fuck up.

No one wants to hear that guy they want to hear the fighters, then he keeps pulling the mic away when he's trying to talk what a dick.

Doesn't he realise it's good entertainment to hear Floyd and Mosley trash talking each other? whys he trying to stop it for fuck sake.

The UFC embrases it like this time:

i love watching mma, but the UFC is basically marketed at WWE fans, and everything is done in a WWE style, loud, trash talking shite, it takes the element of "sport" away from it, and just makes it look like cheap entertainment, the UFC would be better not letting this shite happen

i love watching mma, but the UFC is basically marketed at WWE fans, and everything is done in a WWE style, loud, trash talking shite, it takes the element of "sport" away from it, and just makes it look like cheap entertainment, the UFC would be better not letting this shite happen

I think you need to watch more, fighters like GSP, Machida, Franklin, Belfort, Shogun, Fitch, Carwin, Swick, Anderson I could go on all day are extremly respectful and not loud and trashy at all.

There are some guys who are like that like Lesnar for obvious reasons but the vast majority are very good sports and don't trash talk much at all. Plus Lesnar did his trash talking on his own the UFC was't happy about his antics and neither were almost all of the other fighters.

The UFC doesn't tell fighters what to do or say they do it themselves because it's real not scripted.

Anyway why would the UFC be better not letting it happen? Boxing has done it for ever, Ali can tell you that or at least he could have.

Different guys have different personalities and go about things different ways, some guys trash talk to motivate themselves and try rile up their opponent so they will fight on emotion and get sloppy.

You are so very wrong making sweeping statements like that, maybe you only watch when an ex-wrestler is fighting because I have watched every UFC for the last 5 or so years and almost every fighter conducts themselves very professionaly and I see more good sportsmanship in MMA than most other mainstream sports.

Anyway this is a boxing thread lets not hijack it with UFC or wrestling talk.

I think you need to watch more, fighters like GSP, Machida, Franklin, Belfort, Shogun, Fitch, Carwin, Swick, Anderson I could go on all day are extremly respectful and not loud and trashy at all.

There are some guys who are like that like Lesnar for obvious reasons but the vast majority are very good sports and don't trash talk much at all. Plus Lesnar did his trash talking on his own the UFC was't happy about his antics and neither were almost all of the other fighters.

The UFC doesn't tell fighters what to do or say they do it themselves because it's real not scripted.

Anyway why would the UFC be better not letting it happen? Boxing has done it for ever, Ali can tell you that or at least he could have.

Different guys have different personalities and go about things different ways, some guys trash talk to motivate themselves and try rile up their opponent so they will fight on emotion and get sloppy.

You are so very wrong making sweeping statements like that, maybe you only watch when an ex-wrestler is fighting because I have watched every UFC for the last 5 or so years and almost every fighter conducts themselves very professionaly and I see more good sportsmanship in MMA than most other mainstream sports.

Anyway this is a boxing thread lets not hijack it with UFC or wrestling talk.

Rex, ive watched more MMa than you could shake a big stick at, i was in Vegas for the first tito Ortiz vs Liddell fight, so im not some fly by night fan that doesnt know his rear naked choke from a kimura!!

i just reckon, the past 2 years particularly, the UFC has gone all WWE on everyone, sure look at the new breed of fan, they`re just guys that are too old to get away with watching the WWE, they have all the t-shirts, the clothing, just like the WWE, and me personally, i think the UFC should nip it in the bud to make it more legitimate looking towards new fans, thats my opinion though

sorry for going off topic

Rex, ive watched more MMa than you could shake a big stick at, i was in Vegas for the first tito Ortiz vs Liddell fight, so im not some fly by night fan that doesnt know his rear naked choke from a kimura!!

i just reckon, the past 2 years particularly, the UFC has gone all WWE on everyone, sure look at the new breed of fan, they`re just guys that are too old to get away with watching the WWE, they have all the t-shirts, the clothing, just like the WWE, and me personally, i think the UFC should nip it in the bud to make it more legitimate looking towards new fans, that's my opinion though

sorry for going off topic

Every time MMA is mentioned on here you're always trying to relate it to wrestling somehow, it's like you love wrestling so much you want to believe the UFC is trying to emulate it and that's why it's getting popular.

How is selling t-shirts emulating WWE? Did they invent t-shirt sales in "sport", every sports organisation sells t-shirts and merchandise it's makes the UFC more legit that they are selling so much stuff it shows fans are for real not just going along out of curiosity.

Also where do you get this UFC fans are wrestling fans that are too old to watch WWE any more and when will you be too old.?

Every guy I know personally who's into UFC or MMA have never been wrestling fans and on the MMA forums I post on the people who were or are into wrestling have only started watching UFC since Lesnar and aren't real fans of the sport plus they are usually young kids not older guys.

I'm sure there are some older guys who have gotten sick of wrestling and have come over but I think it's like any sport there are those idiot bandwagon fans who don't really get it and boo when someone isn't knocked out in 30 seconds and there are those real fans who are dedicated fans who appreciate the finer points of the sport and follow it religiously.

I love the UFC and there may be a couple of things I would change but overall it's fantastic, that's why it's stuck around when all their competitors have fallen by the way side.

Every guy I know personally who's into UFC or MMA have never been wrestling fans and on the MMA forums I post on the people who were or are into wrestling have only started watching UFC since Lesnar and aren't real fans of the sport plus they are usually young kids not older guys.

I'm sure there are some older guys who have gotten sick of wrestling and have come over but I think it's like any sport there are those idiot bandwagon fans who don't really get it and boo when someone isn't knocked out in 30 seconds and there are those real fans who are dedicated fans who appreciate the finer points of the sport and follow it religiously.

I love the UFC and there may be a couple of things I would change but overall it's fantastic, that's why it's stuck around when all their competitors have fallen by the way side.

your first paragraph is exactly what im getting at, perhaps i didnt word it correctly, the "new breed" of fans are basically just WWE fans, personally, i hate WWE, have done since i was about 12,

i got into the UFC when it went to London, ufc 33 i think, the Albert Hall

i love the UFC as well, but id like to see less trash talking, sure Dana White is one of the most obnoxious loud mouth fucks ever, totally disrespectful towards non ufc employees, and i dont like his whole thing with doing his damndest (not sure on that word) to crush any other promotions, he`s trying to be the the Furher of mma

more big organisations, with cross company fights would be better for the sport on a global basis IMO, so say the Strikeforce champion fights the ufc champion, you know what i mean??

another thing ill probably have to admit is feeling a little disillusioned since Lesner went into the UFC, is the fact some basic big brute can have 3 fights, and beat the shit out of the "best fighers on the planet",

i dont know, i dont know if it shows how amazing he is, or that the actual fighters arent as great as we all thought, i cant put my finger on it, but i think you get what i mean

by the way, what forums do you post on? ive been looking for a good mma forum ever since my beloved titoortiz.com forum ceased posting many moons ago

Every time I see this thread has been bumped, I have a look thinking maybe a knowledgable boxing fan has given his 2 cents on Mayweather/ Mosely/ Pacquiao, but no it's still about fuckin UFC, which is shit. Can you's take it to another thread please.

your first paragraph is exactly what im getting at, perhaps i didnt word it correctly, the "new breed" of fans are basically just WWE fans, personally, i hate WWE, have done since i was about 12,

i got into the UFC when it went to London, ufc 33 i think, the Albert Hall

i love the UFC as well, but id like to see less trash talking, sure Dana White is one of the most obnoxious loud mouth fucks ever, totally disrespectful towards non ufc employees, and i dont like his whole thing with doing his damndest (not sure on that word) to crush any other promotions, he`s trying to be the the Furher of mma

more big organisations, with cross company fights would be better for the sport on a global basis IMO, so say the Strikeforce champion fights the ufc champion, you know what i mean??

another thing ill probably have to admit is feeling a little disillusioned since Lesner went into the UFC, is the fact some basic big brute can have 3 fights, and beat the shit out of the "best fighers on the planet",

i dont know, i dont know if it shows how amazing he is, or that the actual fighters arent as great as we all thought, i cant put my finger on it, but i think you get what i mean

by the way, what forums do you post on? ive been looking for a good mma forum ever since my beloved titoortiz.com forum ceased posting many moons ago

Sherdog is the first port of call for the mongs. mmaforum. Dont know if you could call Lesnar a big brute, he was a top level wrestler (not wwe) when he was younger which is one of the strongest bases for fighting in a cage, add the fact he is a freakish athlete. I do know what you mean though but its not like he is some pantomime actor trying his hand at it.

I think they are doing the opposite thing to the way boxing has gone with 5 different champions for the same weight, each with their own rankings and the politics that follows. As it is you think mma and where every fighter wants to be is the ufc champion, they are a bit bitter about other promotions/fighters but the Ferrita brothers pumped millions into the ufc and almost singlehandedly brought it to the masses.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Every time I see this thread has been bumped, I have a look thinking maybe a knowledgable boxing fan has given his 2 cents on Mayweather/ Mosely/ Pacquiao, but no it's still about fuckin UFC, which is shit. Can you's take it to another thread please.

Mayweather has beef with Mosely and he will say he wanted to fight him in 06 and Mosely refused so he ain't giving him a payday now that Floyd is one of the bigfest draws in world boxing.He has said it recently and will more than likely say it again.

I think at this stage of his "legacy" he will want to avoid Mosely as he knows the threat he posses and he wont make as much money as he will if he fights Pacquiao.He might be forced to fight Mosely though as both go through Golden Boy.

For money,size and risk reasons i think he would prefer Pacquiao,he's a bigger name,much bigger and also once again he would face a smaller man.

Everyone automatically thinks that if Pacquiao beats Cotto that it's inevitable that Pacquiao meets Mayweather.This certainly is not the case as Mayweather had a huge falling out a few years ago with Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum.

After this Mayweather said he would not make Arum another cent.Whether he still has those feelings i don't know.

The biggest thing that will stop Mayweather v Pacquiao from happening will be money.Both have reportedly already said they want a 60/40 split in their favour as both consider themselves to be #1.

Pacquiao's trainer Freddy Roach has said that with the ego's that both fighters have it would definitely be hard to sort out.

Even if Pacquiao loses to Cotto,we might not see Mayweather face Cotto either as his promoter is Bob Arum too.

If Pacquiao wins it could see both of them bowing to the huge pressure from the public and within boxing to get it on and take a 50/50 split or 60/40 to the winner.

It's likelier for Mayweather to fight Pacquiao than it would be Mosely in my opinion as its less risk and more money.Mosely,personally is looking for the big payday he deserves but hasn't got so far in his superb career.

He like others in his era and weight didn't get a look in with mega money fights as De La Hoya was such as massive draw,he deserves a big money fight but won't get it with Pacquiao as he's too big for him and he thinks he might with Mayweather.

Mayweather knows Mosely could give him problems too.

In short its more likely Mayweather will fight Pacquiao than Mosely if Pacquiao beats Cotto,but knowing Mayweather he might not fight either.

That's my take on it. Hope this helps.

Seen him interview Malinaggi recently when he had been robbed against Diaz and shit all over himself when Malinaggi starts cursing, the guy should be sacked he's one of the worse interviewers out there!

[YOUTUBE]UV1CffOp_4A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The score cards in that Malignaggi fight were disgraceful.

I don't really see where Mosley is ducking Mayweather in that second video Byrnie?

Fair enough he wasn't shouting to the hills he wanted the fight but he was saying it could happen after facing Margarito.

The big payday issue is just part of boxing in my opinion. Mayweather has come back for the money as much as the status.

That's what i love about boxing...opinions.Lots of people see things differently.

Your right about Mayweather coming back for the money as much as his legacy.That's one thing i like about him he never denies he loves getting the money where other fighters say its not.