You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell there are some negative bastards on here. We won so shut up! It would be alright if we hadnt have won, but jesus christ.

We won yes but against a better team we'd have been slaughtered.

Making an observation about how shit our defence is isn't being negative it's being truthful.

Regarding Torres. 2 good goals again today and put himself about, even racing back to make a challenge a few minutes from the end. The thing he needs to curb a little is the effing and blinding at officials though. As a foreign player, he won't get the sort of leeway afforded Rooney.

Did anyone think he called the linesman a fucking wanker when Kuyt passed him and Torres didn't even touch the ball? I'm sure he did, and he was right, it wasn't fucking offside.

Two draws is best for us, no? That way we've lost the least ground to as many teams as possible. Having said that, if City win, I'll not be crying. Not that bothered about Chelsea - they'll blow up at some point or other, so if they can put Spurs back in their place then I don't especially have a problem with that.

I´ll take 2 draws, but I fear Chelsea more, MUCH more than i fear Tottenham. They´ll grind out those late goals all season. Spurs will (probably) lose plenty games around Christmas. And a Man Ewe loss is never a bad thing.

YNWA

Come on

There is a huge difference from this time last season to this season.

Its clear for all to see.

Carra wasnt playing anywhere nearly as badly is he is now and as a unit we were defensively a much better team.

I am concerned about the number of goals that we are conceeding from set pieces, but it is nothing that cannot be sorted out on the training pitch.

We looked poor defensively at a similar stage last season when we leaked goals against Man City, Middlesbrough and Wigan.

I didn't see the game as I'm in work but I have to say, no matter how poorly Carragher may have played, he deserves more respect than some so called supporters on here give him. He's been a tremendous servant to our club and the least he deserves is respect for 13 years service and counting.

If he plays poorly then fine - he's not above this being pointed out but I wish people could do it in a more respectful way. To read what some people say about him we could be discussing El Hadji Diouf and not one of the greatest sevants that the club has ever seen (which is no mean feat given the long list of great servants that our club has had).

We should appreciate Carra while he's still playing - he will certainly be missed the day he hangs up his boots.

Wouldnt be so sure about that mate. A team of players who have done it all before and a manager who has had success at every level. They are more of a threat than then Mancs in my opinion.

Agree with this.The fact that they have 18 first teamers gives them a bonus no other team has.

Carra had a mare first half- gave the ball away to Hines who hit the post, jumped into Mascher going for a header, gave away the pen, ball went over his head for the second goal- but much better 2nd half, and he can't play that bad again. Problem is, no Cara, no organiser. He will need replacing at some stage, just not sure it's now.

Good to see Nando chasing back even in the 90th minute- he looked knackered after 60 minutes in many games last season / start of this season, so I'm glad to see it was only a temporary thing.

I know West Ham is usually a tough place to go, but I thought they were very poor today, and the only reason the game was in doubt was our poor defending- that has to be sorted out, you can't concede 2 goals against teams like Bolton and West Ham and expect to score 3 every time to get out of jail. Some day the ball won't bounce kindly for you.

A decent win despite some terrible defending. I thought we showed plenty of character and gradually took the game by the scruff of the neck. Great to see Torres really fired up and hungry - last couple of games you could see not scoring and congratulating team mates was getting under his skin. Link up play between him, Benayoun, and Gerrard was devastating at times - Johnson being up there supporting is adding another prong to our attack. Babel added some threat and drive when he came on. Mascherano getting back to his proper level and I thought Insua showed some real grit. Lucas did well too I thought.

If the centre backs can sort themselves out we'll back in there, if not we'll get found out. I've been convinced for quite a while that long term we have to buy a top class centre back who can dominate in the air a la Sami - none of these can, Agger included.