You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he this bad in his first year? Did the goals just gloss over his shitness? I actually think he's gotten worse, even the basics seem beyond him now, wherelse he was capable of some wonderful stuff in his first season here, that goal against Derby required an excellent first touch for example.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

If you read Babel's Twitter, it's like football just gets in the way of what he really wants to do which is music...

When he talks about football it's just a "matter of fact" but you can hear the passion that comes across when he's talking about his music or a new mix he's working on...

If we can get £5m for him in the summer or in Jan then we need to get the deal done.

If you read Babel's Twitter, it's like football just gets in the way of what he really wants to do which is music...

When he talks about football it's just a "matter of fact" but you can hear the passion that comes across when he's talking about his music or a new mix he's working on...

If we can get £5m for him in the summer or in Jan then we need to get the deal done.

I'd be happy to give him away just to free up his wages (G&H willling!!) and to stop him blocking the progress of players who give a damn.

I'm sure you can work it our for yourself.

Yeah, you're saying just one isolated stat might be able to tell us something about whether someone is going to adapt to a completely different football culture. It's easy to score goals in Holland, therefore if someone scores three less per season than someone who didn't make it over here then they won't be able to either. Am I right?

That's why Forlan and Kanoute were better than Torres in Spain. I had been wondering.

Yeah, you're saying just one isolated stat might be able to tell us something about whether someone is going to adapt to a completely different football culture. It's easy to score goals in Holland, therefore if someone scores three less per season than someone who didn't make it over here then they won't be able to either. Am I right?

That's why Forlan and Kanoute were better than Torres in Spain. I had been wondering.

Close. But no, the exact opposite.

When I look at him these days, it's like I'm seeing a carrier bag full of £50 notes that are slowly blowing way in the breeze.

Worst thing is that one of his raps (I posted it in the Babel and Voronin thread) is all about how much cash he's raking in from football. He's a rapper who doesn't seem too keen on football but raps about being a footballer, playing for LFC and making more money than he knows what to do with. Talk about rubbing people's noses in it.

Babel will have some really good games this season. And a lot of crap ones too. People's opinions of him will continue to fluctuate.

I must have changed my mind about him ten times during his LFC career so far, but i'm vowing not to do so now. Overall he's had enough chances to impress but has failed to do so.

He simply HAS to be sold as soon as possible.

He will probably continue to have an impact from the bench on the odd occasion. The problem is when he starts and performs as he did last night, there is no sign of progression or improvement in his play from when we first signed him, and you expect more from a player who cost 11m than the odd flash of inspiration as a sub.