You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deployment hasn't got anything to do with his ability.

He's been gliding through Holland and shite International sides on his pace, strength, and shot alone.

He possesses nothing else. He is one of the poorest transfer that Liverpool have ever made.

3 more positive qualities than "hard working kuyt" and "good attitude lucas" have got!

well played ryan mate,you werent perfect but you done really well.a bit more composure instead of tryin to do something superb every time you get the ball,and youll be a big player for us mate!

ps-well played nando too! you looked really hungry and passionate today,when your fit,fresh and in the right "fighting & positive frame of mind" your unstoppable!

Maybe he's dropped so low in my estimation that I find it almost impossible to praise him, but while he did brilliantly for the goal, I thought he was equally shocking at other times.

A few times we were on the break and he chose completely the wrong option and gave the ball away.

However, he did do brilliantly foe the goal.

At the same time, the man he would be replacing on the right scored a goal, so...

Bring him on as first sub if we're in the shit. He doesn't deserve to start on the basis of a good 10 minute sub appearance, as aws says.

Is right. Who is this guy? He talks sense.

IF he can come off the bench and give us something in the last half hour of games then great but he doesn't deserve to be starting games.

However, tonight again showed for me that Benayoun is far from his most effective on the left.

Babel's an enigma... Played well on Wed night. Did well this evening and put in a great cross.

His first touch is mostly pants. And he's a f*cking shocking rapper. And looks like a Pharaoh.

Score us some gaols Ryan and we'll try and forget about your shite attitude and woeful subpar performances since August of 2007...

I think that's a good point. It's happened with plenty of other players too, such as Riera.

I think players should be judged on their performances for the club over a period of time. In that sense, the likes of Babel, Riera, Dossena etc have proven that they aren't good enough to be regular starters for us.

I've fallen into the trap of giving Babel a lot of chances and reprieves in the past but no more. I'd be happy if he never played for the club again because he has no balls.

Agreed. I'd sell him at the first opportunity for the mere peanuts he's worth simply to get him off the wage bill. I'm surprised so many people were impressed by his cameo yesterday. I thought he was ordinary at best. Even when things come off for him it always seems like chance to me - he miscontrols the ball again but it falls luckily for him for a change instead of going to an opponent. I even thought the cross was fortuitous because he did not look up even once before he hit it. It's not like he could have used his peripheral vision either as there were about four opponents between him and Torres blocking his view. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but after two seasons I can't see it.

Maybe he's dropped so low in my estimation that I find it almost impossible to praise him, but while he did brilliantly for the goal, I thought he was equally shocking at other times.

A few times we were on the break and he chose completely the wrong option and gave the ball away.

However, he did do brilliantly foe the goal.

At the same time, the man he would be replacing on the right scored a goal, so...

To say he scored is very generous.