He might be if played as a regular striker, I don't think Rafa is going to/is able to risk that chance though incase it doesn't work out.

Deployment hasn't got anything to do with his ability.

He's been gliding through Holland and shite International sides on his pace, strength, and shot alone.

He possesses nothing else. He is one of the poorest transfer that Liverpool have ever made.

He's been gliding through Holland and shite International sides on his pace, strength, and shot alone.

You might have a point with that, I'm just hoping there's something else to him seeing as he'll more than likely be with us for at least the rest of the season.

You might have a point with that, I'm just hoping there's something else to him seeing as he'll more than likely be with us for at least the rest of the season.

I'd much rather we send him down the reserves and let him learn how to play football.

I'd much rather we send him down the reserves and let him learn how to play football.

Why handicap them? Hardly seems fair. Amoo and Eccleston have done far more to deserve those minutes than he has.

Haha, if it meant someone like Pacheco coming through in his place I'd probably not be too bothered.

Why handicap them? Hardly seems fair. Amoo and Eccleston have done far more to deserve those minutes than he has.

Surely Alex can come up and take his place in the first team? Last time I checked, he can trap a football. Nathan and Amoo aren't left sided players, no?

Surely Alex can come up and take his place in the first team? Last time I checked, he can trap a football. Nathan and Amoo aren't left sided players, no?

Kaca :) is not ready. You are right about Amoo he would probably struggle on the left. Maldini might have seen him play out there, but Eccleston plays in all 3 positions behind the striker. Spent most of the youth cup campaign on the left.

Thinking about it, he played on the left yesterday after Plessis got sent off and he showed more game intelligence in 15 seconds than Babel has since he's been here.

Kaca :) is not ready. You are right about Amoo he would probably struggle on the left. Maldini might have seen him play out there, but Eccleston plays in all 3 positions behind the striker. Spent most of the youth cup campaign on the left.

Thinking about it, he played on the left yesterday after Plessis got sent off and he showed more game intelligence in 15 seconds than Babel has since he's been here.

Send Babel down... Bring up Eccleston. It's not worth wasting pitch time on a waster who can't be bothered to play for us, or football in general.

Deployment hasn't got anything to do with his ability.

He possesses nothing else. He is one of the poorest transfer that Liverpool have ever made.

fuck off!

It's amazing how good players become when they don't play for the first team.

Babel, Pacheco and Nemeth are just 3 examples of players that get better every time they don't play.

I think that's a good point. It's happened with plenty of other players too, such as Riera.

I think players should be judged on their performances for the club over a period of time. In that sense, the likes of Babel, Riera, Dossena etc have proven that they aren't good enough to be regular starters for us.

I've fallen into the trap of giving Babel a lot of chances and reprieves in the past but no more. I'd be happy if he never played for the club again because he has no balls.

If Babel plays on the right against West Ham he will be man of the match, and if he isn't I will leave this forum forever.

you deserve credit for that bold statement.

MOM - no, but definitely made the necessary contribution from the right.

Played well, his control and first touch today was good, his attitude/body language was spot on. The only problem was that he is lacking in understanding with the players today, when he drives thru the middle, his pass was often misread or misplaced.

Guest Dog Chaser

I don't want to get too excited with Babel's impact today, he only showed the desire to win and make something happen, which is a minimum requirement for a Liverpool fc player.

Fair play to him though, hopefully a sign of things to come. The Leeds game during the week should be a massive opportunity to make a point to Rafa if he plays.

I don't want to get too excited with Babel's impact today, he only showed the desire to win and make something happen, which is a minimum requirement for a Liverpool fc player.

But showing desire to win is a improvement no?

It is a minimum requirement but Babel has failed to show this more often than not. He helped win us the game today.