You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if he was any better on the right, one of his managers would've picked him regularly there.

Well he does well for Holland on the left, and did well for Ajax on the left, and we have had Dirk and Yossi perform brilliantly on the right for us, so I don't think it's something we've really had to consider. Just think it would be interesting if he was given a few games there to see how he would do if we were in the position of needing someone to play there.

You mean a defensive right midfielder?

We will never win anything with Kuyt on the right, play him upfront with Torres for a bit and fuck Lucas off. If we give Ryan Babel a go on the right, he will give us that extra dimension and we'll win things.

I disagree with this. Kuyt adds to our ability to control our opponent.

Do we need this extra control most games? No. Do we need this extra control against the strong clubs? Definitely.

Bolton Away 07/08 he put in his finest and 1 of the best wing displays i've seen by a red since Digger was in his prime, fuckin awesome he was, Bolton took off there fullback at halftime because Babel was that good then in the 2nd half he was even better, I though we had a superstar on our hands, been all downhill since, although he was good against Real at Anfield.

That's exactly the point, he's so shit that his good games are memorable.

Philly, your willing to keep giving Babel a chance, a player who has been utter gutless and lacking any passiona nd desire since he's been here, yet constantly slag off Lucas who has shown more willing in one half than Babel has in 2 years.

Babel has a lot of abiltiy but until he has the application and desire he's going to amount to nothing, a bit part player if that.

Why can't we back all of our players as we're stuck with those we've got until January or even the end of the season anyway? It's much more important to tell those two bastards who own the club they're not wanted than to have a go at our young lads in the squad.

No one's booing them at the ground.

It makes fuck all difference what we say on here, so we might as well be truthful.

i think babel should play behind torres, kuyt on the right, benni on the left masch and gerrard in the middle, when we brought babel he was a striker, he isn't a midfielder, he isn't good there.

Do you huff paint? Babel can't trap a football and you want to play him IN THE HOLE?

He was never a striker, either. He was utilised on the left side of the attack.

You mean a defensive right midfielder?

We will never win anything with Kuyt on the right, play him upfront with Torres for a bit and fuck Lucas off. If we give Ryan Babel a go on the right, he will give us that extra dimension and we'll win things.

Ryan Babel-Win things?????? I think GC hs called you right on this one mate.

Babel could be alright level with Torres in a 4-4-2, if the other players have more responsibility of feeding them both. Playing behind him he's just not going to give Torres good enough service. Yossi frustrates me with that aspect, Babel would probably drive me insane. He doesn't seem to have the awareness for the neat feeding passes he'd have to make and is too selfish for that role. Which to be fair to him is kind of expected, as he's wanting to be smashing goals in himself.

Babel could be alright level with Torres in a 4-4-2, if the other players have more responsibility of feeding them both. Playing behind him he's just not going to give Torres good enough service. Yossi frustrates me with that aspect, Babel would probably drive me insane. He doesn't seem to have the awareness for the neat feeding passes he'd have to make and is too selfish for that role. Which to be fair to him is kind of expected, as he's wanting to be smashing goals in himself.

Babel hasn't got the technical ability to play that role for the freaking u18 side, let alone the first team, nevermind his awareness.