You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He might be if played as a regular striker, I don't think Rafa is going to/is able to risk that chance though incase it doesn't work out.

Deployment hasn't got anything to do with his ability.

He's been gliding through Holland and shite International sides on his pace, strength, and shot alone.

He possesses nothing else. He is one of the poorest transfer that Liverpool have ever made.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Alex can come up and take his place in the first team? Last time I checked, he can trap a football. Nathan and Amoo aren't left sided players, no?

Kaca :) is not ready. You are right about Amoo he would probably struggle on the left. Maldini might have seen him play out there, but Eccleston plays in all 3 positions behind the striker. Spent most of the youth cup campaign on the left.

Thinking about it, he played on the left yesterday after Plessis got sent off and he showed more game intelligence in 15 seconds than Babel has since he's been here.

Kaca :) is not ready. You are right about Amoo he would probably struggle on the left. Maldini might have seen him play out there, but Eccleston plays in all 3 positions behind the striker. Spent most of the youth cup campaign on the left.

Thinking about it, he played on the left yesterday after Plessis got sent off and he showed more game intelligence in 15 seconds than Babel has since he's been here.

Send Babel down... Bring up Eccleston. It's not worth wasting pitch time on a waster who can't be bothered to play for us, or football in general.

It's amazing how good players become when they don't play for the first team.

Babel, Pacheco and Nemeth are just 3 examples of players that get better every time they don't play.

It's amazing how good players become when they don't play for the first team.

Babel, Pacheco and Nemeth are just 3 examples of players that get better every time they don't play.

I think that's a good point. It's happened with plenty of other players too, such as Riera.

I think players should be judged on their performances for the club over a period of time. In that sense, the likes of Babel, Riera, Dossena etc have proven that they aren't good enough to be regular starters for us.

I've fallen into the trap of giving Babel a lot of chances and reprieves in the past but no more. I'd be happy if he never played for the club again because he has no balls.

Guest Dog Chaser

I don't want to get too excited with Babel's impact today, he only showed the desire to win and make something happen, which is a minimum requirement for a Liverpool fc player.

Fair play to him though, hopefully a sign of things to come. The Leeds game during the week should be a massive opportunity to make a point to Rafa if he plays.

I don't want to get too excited with Babel's impact today, he only showed the desire to win and make something happen, which is a minimum requirement for a Liverpool fc player.

But showing desire to win is a improvement no?

It is a minimum requirement but Babel has failed to show this more often than not. He helped win us the game today.