You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't let what you've been told get in the way of 30,000 facts http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/30000-nursing-applications-rejected-last-5504075

What the fuck are you on about you cretin? Where did I say that there weren't enough applicants? I said that some people I know think the younger generation of QUALIFIED nurses don't want to get their hands dirty. Nothing else, just what I've been told.

What the fuck are you on about you cretin? Where did I say that there weren't enough applicants? I said that some people I know think the younger generation of QUALIFIED nurses don't want to get their hands dirty. Nothing else, just what I've been told.

In some ways you are correct, a minority of newly registered nurses have a feeling of superiority once they hit the wards. They seem to think that being an RN, means that you dont have to take care of a patients basic needs, and that the assistants will do it for you. But it is a minority, and in my experience they dont last long in the job.

A lot of nurses want to end up in the ICU or Emergency departments straight out of training, they dont want to do the hard tasks of general nursing. They almost see it as their right to look after the sickest patients in the world, without so much as a clue about how to do it

The answer isnt always getting more nurses, its getting the right people, and giving them the right support they need to succeed.

Nursing isnt the most glamorous job in the world, it can be depressing and lonely and you can have days where you have fuck all idea how you got through. But it can also be the most rewarding job in the world. And for each person that tells you that you've done a bad job, 5 more will tell you how lucky they were to meet you

• Upvote 3

Just to go back to that Brady story.  Just under the Headline, we have a few summary sub-headlines.

• 77-year-old wrote letters from his bed at Ashworth hospital in Merseyside
  • Hopes Ukip will 'decimate' the other political parties in general election 
  • Branded David Dimbleby an 'establishment dumpling' in the rant
  • Murdered five children in 1960s and buried bodies on Saddleworth Moor

Key points in order of importance from the Mail there.