You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great North Run

Rico1304

I'm doing it on Sunday and am not looking forward to it. I'm not exactly built for speed, more for comfort really but doing it for charidee so will have to drag my carcass no matter what pain I'm in.

I have a stone for every one of the 13 miles so if you live in the North East don't worry if ornaments start falling off the wall on Sunday morning (and most of the afternoon).

If anyone wants to sponsor me then feel free Stephen Richards is fundraising for Myeloma UK - JustGiving

I'm doing it on Sunday and am not looking forward to it. I'm not exactly built for speed, more for comfort really but doing it for charidee so will have to drag my carcass no matter what pain I'm in.

I have a stone for every one of the 13 miles so if you live in the North East don't worry if ornaments start falling off the wall on Sunday morning (and most of the afternoon).

If anyone wants to sponsor me then feel free Stephen Richards is fundraising for Myeloma UK - JustGiving

Rico1304

Very best of luck for Sunday.

Us long distance, endurance athletes should stick together so I'll sponsor you if you will sponsor me please.

I'm doing the Cologne Marathon on the 4/10 and I've never done more than 17 miles so I'm a little nervous to say the least.

I'll start a new thread rather than hijack yours with the justgiving link to my webpage.

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck mate. You'll get great support from the spectators lining the route. Just remember to set off at your own pace from the start to the Tyne Bridge. Its easy to start off with the crowd and the adrenilin too quickly therefore burning yourself out too quickly.

I'll be watching on tv.

Yes there are some inclines, near the start on the central motorway before the Tyne Bridge then over the bridge at Gateshead, felling By Pass is a long drag. Those are the worst if memory serves me well!

Rico1304

Us long distance, endurance athletes should stick together so I'll sponsor you if you will sponsor me please.

I'm doing the Cologne Marathon on the 4/10 and I've never done more than 17 miles so I'm a little nervous to say the least.

I'll start a new thread rather than hijack yours with the justgiving link to my webpage.

Cheers mate, thanks for the sponsorship.

I'll return the favour.

Come on Melons, you know you want to.

Steve

What worries me is that someone always dies.

Have you been before? If so is it hilly?

That year that people died was because of the heat I think. It's pretty flat from what I can remember, I walked a bit of it last year, towards the end dropping down onto the seafront is quite a steep hill, not very long but after 12 miles I wouldn't fancy it.

Rico1304

Good Luck. Cologne is superb, btw, after the run go to The Corkonian pub (not far from the river/cathedral areas, there's an irish gut called Vinnie whose a great red).

PS. Where did you fly from?

Good Luck, mate. If Melons posts a pic of her knockers I've give you a tenner.

£15 for minge.

I managed to finish in 1.58 which I'm pretty pleased with considering the heat and the massive fucking hill that is the by-pass. Finished in the top 25% and 1784th in my age group. On the downside I have the worst chaffing around my nads, walking like John Wayne.

Thanks to Flathead for the sponsorship - I'm just about to return the favour.

Good Luck. Cologne is superb, btw, after the run go to The Corkonian pub (not far from the river/cathedral areas, there's an irish gut called Vinnie whose a great red).

PS. Where did you fly from?

Thanks FP.

Think I'll pay it a visit.

Flying from Manchester to Dussledorf btw.

I managed to finish in 1.58 which I'm pretty pleased with considering the heat and the massive fucking hill that is the by-pass. Finished in the top 25% and 1784th in my age group. On the downside I have the worst chaffing around my nads, walking like John Wayne.

Thanks to Flathead for the sponsorship - I'm just about to return the favour.

Excellent time. Well done Steve.

My best for 13 miles is about 2.20 so you're much quicker than me. My aim is just to complete the marathon but if I can do it in under 5 hours I'll be well chuffed.

Thanks for your kind donation too.

It is much appreciated.