You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things you've said at job interviews....

god knows

4 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Had an interview a month ago, both those questions came up.

The colleague one completely confused me. Genuinely didn't really have a response other than "If I could mind-read..." 

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Do you reckon the 2nd one should be answered with how you could have done it better or you could get away with I could have just fucked it off but I made the effort because I'm a fucking hero type answer? 

Just answer with "Now is a perfect example, I could call you a complete jobsworth cunt who doesn't know how to interview but instead I'll play along and call you a cunt later because I'm a fucking hero." 

• Upvote 1

I tend to find not having much competition to be a good thing. That or not leaving my job. Been in the same job since 2003 and so long as they keep paying me I doubt I'll leave. Couldn't care about ambition etc. 

The candidates when I went for the job

Me

African with terrible English 

The other guy never turned up. 

Luckily the site manager had told out bosses they wanted some younger security as it was nearly all miserable old fuckers, otherwise I would likely have lost out to the non English speaking African. 

2 hours ago, chevettehs said:

Along with everyone else responsible for the recruitment agency and HR related bullshit that exists now.

Them and all of the estate agents.

Also, what is your biggest weakness is the shittest question ever asked and highlights an interviewer who hasn't got a fucking clue. From the same shit interviewer playbook as why do you want this job?

My biggest weakness is me pushing the boundaries of my in work danger wanks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, foam said:

The colleague one completely confused me. Genuinely didn't really have a response other than "If I could mind-read..." 

Just answer with "Now is a perfect example, I could call you a complete jobsworth cunt who doesn't know how to interview but instead I'll play along and call you a cunt later because I'm a fucking hero." 

I just said they would say  I was hard working, dedicated, methodical, a bit cheeky and depending on which member of staff either a good or terrible sense of humour.

As has been said, "what is your biggest weakness?" is the biggest sack of shit interview question out there. As if anyone will be truthful in answering that.

"I'm too good at work and colleagues get jealous of me". "My business attire is so nice I get all the women in the office wet and distracted". "I'm so easy going I let guys on my work team sleep with my wife, which affects my personal life". 

• Upvote 1

Turned up straight from a night out, honking, bleeding and coughing like I had tuberculosis.

Asked me what attracted me to getting back into banking and I said I was looking to get straight back out of it again, ideally.

Asked me where I saw myself in a year and I said teaching English abroad.

Asked me where I saw myself

in 5 years and a torrent of unfiltered existential angst just poured out for about 3 or 4 minutes, until he finally gently put up his hand mid-sentence.

Got the job, but insisted on being moved to a different team paying hundreds less a week within one month, as the fat fucking mess training me only waddled in for the first time on my second week. He was little more than a succession of odd comedy voices and twitches, with his own private raincloud following him around the room.

In his opening gambit he told me he had IBS and I had no conception what it was like living with a chronic condition and should thank my lucky stars that was the case, then cracked open some wheat crunchies and a can of Red Bull for his breakfast. 

He came in the next day with a Travis Bickle mohican, had eyebrows all over his cheeks and later sold me some weed with his PlayStation controller still in hand and his 3 kids shouting at him from their sitting room.

Fair to say the role in question wasn’t graduate scheme material.

• Upvote 3

On 2/10/2019 at 2:12 PM, Mook said:

I've got an interview on Tuesday.

They've said it's competency based so I look forward to making an almighty cunt of it. 

Honestly, the person who invented competency based questions should be sent back in time & drowned at birth.

I only fucking got it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Repped, got one tomorrow. Applied for it a month ago, it's with the council so you have to use their application system and now cannot track the duties and responsibilities. Also can't wait for them to ask me what I know about the council, err you take my rubbish and charge me fuck loads of tax? 

• Upvote 2

Some lad on my team was applying for jobs absolutely everywhere and got about 30 rejections before getting an interview in the DWP. He barely even remembered the specific job and turned up for the interview after getting the minimum passmark.

At the interview he was told he would be line manager for 22 staff and had overall responsibility for 58 staff. He just leant forward and went "excuse me???". The interviewers said it again and asked him another question but he turned round and got his coat and put it on. They asked him what he was doing and he just got up and said "sorry, but I'd rather manage a box of frogs" and just went to the pub.