You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That requires talent, I could spend 40 quid on some nice socks rather than 40 quid funding a sweat shop. I sleep soundly at night, unlike you sycophants and hypocrites.

9p an hour is better than zero pence an hour.

Those moaning little cunts should be more grateful.

I only wear football shirts when I'm running, but I have Liverpool, France, Barcelona and Germany jackets.

Why the fuck anyone would have an issue with a Spain shirt is beyond me.

I'm not really all that arsed about international tops but I will not support England because of the fact the majority of the team is a shower of shit, England fans are portrayed as braindead fuckwits which I don't want to be associated with and the media seem to have an agenda with the Liverpool players when they play for England.

The media are up Gerrard's arse when he plays for Liverpool but like to pick holes in his game at international level. Same can't be said for Ferdinand, Lampard, Terry and everybody's favourite granny shagging inbred Rooney. Johnson has just become a victim of said press hysteria over a goal in a pointless friendly. Lampard could drop his shorts, wave his prick around and shit on the penalty spot and the attention would be directed towards one of his "pinball wizard" goals.

So really, seeing as the rest of the country like to look down on us as it were (I know I come from Preston and I'm not a scouser therefore I'm nothing but a wool who supports Liverpool), I say fuck England and we'll just look after our own.

Was there this much dis like of the national team when the likes of Ron Greenwood was picking about 7 Red men a game? Or has it just grown through the '90s with the surge of money and tosser mancs in the team?

Myself, I used to love watching internationals in the '80s but now couldn't give a flying one for any international game.

The disinterest in England I can understand up to a point, but when it matters I'll be supporting them. I think that wearing a spain shirt is sad and a bit shallow. Much as we love them all now it wont last. Owen being the perfect example of the ficklness of us all. And the dubious loyalty of footballers. I support Liverpool. Not Spain.

If we get them in the world cup I hope we stuff them

The disinterest in England I can understand up to a point, but when it matters I'll be supporting them. I think that wearing a spain shirt is sad and a bit shallow. Much as we love them all now it wont last. Owen being the perfect example of the ficklness of us all. And the dubious loyalty of footballers. I support Liverpool. Not Spain.

If we get them in the world cup I hope we stuff them

Please elaborate? Is that when the likes of MCClaren was in charge or if the go onto to win the world cup?

Please elaborate? Is that when the likes of MCClaren was in charge or if the go onto to win the world cup?

I dont have an interest in friendlies, which we seem to have a lot of. generally because we are shit and think we are better than we are.

But I still support England, as I hope that one day we justify our over inflated self importance. Ideally with lots of Liverpool players

No one has been able to explain why its 'boss' to have a Spain shirt with Torres on the back but not so to have Gerrard on an England shirt.

No one has explained either why, if they are English, they are more at ease supporting Spain. It smacks of gloryhunting especially as Spain won the euro champs (and who wasnt delighted when Torres scored the winner?)

Will all the Spain support ebb away once their time ends at Anfield as it surely will one day?

No one has been able to explain why its 'boss' to have a Spain shirt with Torres on the back but not so to have Gerrard on an England shirt.

No one has explained either why, if they are English, they are more at ease supporting Spain. It smacks of gloryhunting especially as Spain won the euro champs (and who wasnt delighted when Torres scored the winner?)

Will all the Spain support ebb away once their time ends at Anfield as it surely will one day?

I don't remember anyone wearing France shirts during Houllier's reign (even the good bits.)

Spain is just cool.

The country, the weather, the people, the football team, the red shirts and of course Torres, one of the best things to ever happen to LFC.

Then again, I'm not English, so I don't see it as a Spain v England thing.

How is it gloryhunting?

Do you honestly think the lads in the Spain shirts were down the pub crying tears of happiness when Spain won the Euro's? No, it's about supporting our players. I supported the Czechs in Euro 2004 because of Vladi and Milan and Spain in 2008 because of our lads, gloryhunting? No.

Because spain, unlike england, are fun to watch. They are full of class players that play the way people like to see. I am not ashamed to say i was supporting spain at the euros. With no england there, because they fucked it up, they were the next obvious team to support because of the connection to liverpool.

I think getting back to the original point of the thread, most would admit to having a soft spot for Spain but to actually shell out some money and buy the shirt is possibly taking it a step too far in many peoples eyes.

Fucking hell, why?

If people have the money to spend and decide to spend it on a Spain shirt then what's the problem?

It just seems a bit strange. Footballs a weird old game. Quite often on here the debate rages about "out of towners" supporting Liverpool. Some people think if your born in Cornwall for example why do you support Liverpool?

The same could apply to supporting spain I guess.

But like you rightly say, each to their own

How is it gloryhunting?

Do you honestly think the lads in the Spain shirts were down the pub crying tears of happiness when Spain won the Euro's? No, it's about supporting our players. I supported the Czechs in Euro 2004 because of Vladi and Milan and Spain in 2008 because of our lads, gloryhunting? No.

Course it smacks of gloryhunting. The number of spain shirt sales amongst our support probably increased exponentially when spain won the euros.

Naturally, I was delighted our players played a part in that. And for others, Ive said its not a spain v england thing.

Most of the spain shirt wearers amongst our support will probably stop wearing them when the spanish exodus from Anfield begins as it surely will one day.

I still dont get why its cool to wear a spain torres shirt while the revulsion to a gerrard england shirt is by contrast, at the opposite end of the scale.

How is it gloryhunting?

Spot on.

Buying a football shirt now is called gloryhunting.

Jesus Christ.