You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish

Walton Park

Our Club was formed in 1892. Today its 2009. Our greatest living Red is the 'King'. No-one in over 100 years has contributed more than Kenny. One day I'll shake his hand as a wide eyed forty-odd year old & thank him(I pray for that day). For the great days stood on the Kop watching him bedazzle players & the great team he built, but most importantly the way he brought us through the horrors of April 15th 1989. Whatever Kenny Dalglish does I'll love him forever. Kenny's from heaven!

Our Club was formed in 1892. Today its 2009. Our greatest living Red is the 'King'. No-one in over 100 years has contributed more than Kenny. One day I'll shake his hand as a wide eyed forty-odd year old & thank him(I pray for that day). For the great days stood on the Kop watching him bedazzle players & the great team he built, but most importantly the way he brought us through the horrors of April 15th 1989. Whatever Kenny Dalglish does I'll love him forever. Kenny's from heaven!

Bill Shankly... :-)

This isnt a thread knocking him because I would never have a go at him but doesnt anyone think it felt a bit sour seeing him next to Purslow in the stand. For some reason I was a bit gutted because Purslow just represents Gillette and Hicks to me.

Considering I have always seen him as a man of the people and always will, I cant take him sitting with any of our heirarchy at the moment.

I know he is supposed to be friends with him but it just didnt feel right when I seen them together.

As the saying goes, "Keep your friends close........"

• 4 months later...
Guest ShoePiss
Just thought I'd bump this thread, and question what is the role of the club ambasseder is, if not to help prevent the club fans been abused by directers and stop the club been ruined?

He's the Academy Ambassador though.

Edit: After looking it up he is what you originally said also :- "Kenny Dalglish returned to Liverpool FC as Academy Ambassador in the summer of 2009.

As well as helping develop young players for the first team Dalglish will also act as a club ambassador working with the commercial side of the business around the world."

So as a club ambassador it appears he will be looking to increase sales of LFC capes to supporters in Kathmandu.

This isnt a thread knocking him because I would never have a go at him but doesnt anyone think it felt a bit sour seeing him next to Purslow in the stand. For some reason I was a bit gutted because Purslow just represents Gillette and Hicks to me.

Considering I have always seen him as a man of the people and always will, I cant take him sitting with any of our heirarchy at the moment.

I know he is supposed to be friends with him but it just didnt feel right when I seen them together.

Who, or what would you rather see sitting beside Kenny? Parry?

So now Purslow is a cunt? ffs!

As much of a legend is Kenny is, he's employed by the club, he doesn't own it.

So what, if they sat together! There's no pleasing some people.

SOS are a fossilized shadow of what should be representing fans. I'd run a mile from them, as they have zero negotiating skills. Fans union?? What next?

theres nothing Kenny can do they will just sack him and there wouldnt be a visible difference on the club

however if the established lads like Stevie,Carra and Nando spoke out then they would sit up and take notice, there is no way they could remove them from the club without getting lynched, i can understand why they havent done it as proffesional footballers who are meant to be concentrating on on the pitch issues and am in no way having a pop at them but right now its the only thing i can think of which will have a major impact and some/all of you will probably think its bollocks anyway

so much hate running through me as i type this

theres nothing Kenny can do they will just sack him and there wouldnt be a visible difference on the club

however if the established lads like Stevie,Carra and Nando spoke out then they would sit up and take notice, there is no way they could remove them from the club without getting lynched, i can understand why they havent done it as proffesional footballers who are meant to be concentrating on on the pitch issues and am in no way having a pop at them but right now its the only thing i can think of which will have a major impact and some/all of you will probably think its bollocks anyway

so much hate running through me as i type this

This shite with the Owners as been on going for over 18 months.

Dalglish,Hansen,Rush etc etc have never once came out and have a go at the Owners.

All our all wealthy in there own right,so no hardship for them, and not one of them as spoke out for the Club they profess to love.

All great players, but all look after their own interests.

Hansen has had a go at them. I remember him doing it on MOTD.

Something along the lines of: "They're becoming an embarrasment. They should sell to DIC who have the resources to build the stadium."

Something like that, anyway.

What the club is going through now pales in comparison to what we went through 20 years ago.

Anybody questioning Kenny's loyalty needs to take a good hard look at what he has done for this football club.

Well said.I find sticking the boot into Kenny a bit strong over this. The guy ended up a wreck after Hillsborough with what him and his family did for this club and supporters.