Quantcast
Eduardo gets a two match ban - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Mendoza

Eduardo gets a two match ban

That's ever so slightly wrong.

If the ref had nicked him doing it he would have just give him a yellow card. How is this fair?

They're certainly playing with fire on that one. They actually HAVE to hand out two match bans when a player gets yellow carded for the same now.

So no more antics from other players then? Are they going to ban everyone who dives? Eboue dived at the weekend...

But the referee spotted it and booked him.

Very strange precedent being set here.

Guest davelfc

I think it's a little harsh, but more importantly I'm getting this impending feeling of doom.

Why is it I'm getting the feeling that this will bite us in the arse later on in the CL?

It'll be interesting to watch defenders race to referees every time a forward goes down in the area and no foul is given.

They're certainly playing with fire on that one. They actually HAVE to hand out two match bans when a player gets yellow carded for the same now.

Great. I'd love to see two match bans pour down on Real Madrid's number 9.

So no more antics from other players then? Are they going to ban everyone who dives? Eboue dived at the weekend...

Ah, yes but one is UEFA competition and Eboue's was in the PL.

Dont really see how anyone can complaian at UEFA about this, we all hate it when players dive especially when they havent been touched.

UEFA do now have to make sure they take similar action and on that point, I guess its doubtful they will so on that score ie inconsisyency, I can understand people's concern.

That said, its about time someone started clamping down on this type of cheating.

This is UEFA's answer to the FA "respect" campaign.

Make an example of 1 easy target and do fuck all to any further offences, especially by the "big" teams. In 6 months will be a distant memory.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
we all hate it when players dive especially when they havent been touched.

That certainly isn't the way the majority of Europe sees it. I think this is a ludicrous and arbitrary decision. Why Him? When then? Why not ever before?