You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

2 hours ago, El Diego said:

No neg, so I’m guessing you agree. Obviously live albums can’t count either.

Why 

Some bands live albums are so much better than anything they did in the studio. Live at Leeds, Allman Brothers best if Live at the Filmore East. 

Even today two of my favourites Blackberry Smoke and Nathaniel Rateliff both live albums have so much more than studio ones. 

Could easily argue Sam Cookes best album is Live at the Harlem Square club

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why are people so snobbish against 'Best of' albums? I don't want to listen to filler songs that record companies told bands they had to do in between their best songs.

You need to get a better record collection. Only shite bands release album after album full of fillers.

• Upvote 1

The Who are fucking boss. So is Noel Gallagher music. 

Still blows my mind that some of you who clearly know a bit about music can't abide them. Listen to The Masterplan album and tell me that collection of b-sides isn't superb. Definitely Maybe is one of the greatest albums of all time. Fuck you. 

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If I want to listen to a band who started out on Creation Records, with argumentative brothers on guitar and vocals, who released a great debut album and a fine b sides collection then it's going to be The Jesus And Mary Chain every time. 

Oasis piss on them. Good band though. 

Gallagher and Oasis is were very good in parts.

But I never got all that inspired by the Beatles bullshit.

They clearly ripped of Slade and Slade were better than Oasis.

Slade suffer in terms of reputation because of the Glam Rock look, that fucking Christmas song and the fact that they were a singles band. Lots of truly great songs but no single definitive great Album

7 minutes ago, redheart said:

Slade suffer in terms of reputation because of the Glam Rock look, that fucking Christmas song and the fact that they were a singles band. Lots of truly great songs but no single definitive great Album

391533406226.jpg

9 minutes ago, El Diego said:

They’re basically compilation albums too. Seems unjust to criticise one but have the other.

I'm not sure you could describe Live At Leeds as a 'compilation album'. It's a document of where The Who were on that particular night in 1970.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Still blows my mind that some of you who clearly know a bit about music can't abide them. Listen to The Masterplan album and tell me that collection of b-sides isn't superb. Definitely Maybe is one of the greatest albums of all time. Fuck you. 

I definitely agree up to a point. I think that the last 23 years of music they've put out has mostly been bad enough that people refuse to accept  they were mostly brilliant between 1994 and 1996. Seeing them in the early days was still one of the most exciting gig-going moments I've ever had. But let's face it, from Be Here Now-onwards almost everything they put out has been rubbish, Noel is a fucking tory twat and his music taste is narrow in the extreme.

• Upvote 2

I’ve never been into Oasis, I just don’t enjoy their music and dislike Liam Gallagher’s voice. I can see why plenty of people think he’s a great frontman but I think he comes across as a bit of tit.

I’m not arsed if that’s a popular or unpopular opinion and some of the music I like is far from cool. I couldn’t care less if someone’s taste in music is varied or not, people should just listen to what they enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redheart said:

“Merry Christmas Everybody” is boss, you bastard.

I’ve not listened to Oasis enough to know if they were musically influenced by The Beatles. However, Liam Gallagher has copied just about every hairstyle that John Lennon ever had.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never been into Oasis, I just don’t enjoy their music and dislike Liam Gallagher’s voice. I can see why plenty of people think he’s a great frontman but I think he comes across as a bit of tit.

I’m not arsed if that’s a popular or unpopular opinion and some of the music I like is far from cool. I couldn’t care less if someone’s taste in music is varied or not, people should just listen to what they enjoy.

I only listen to music that I and everyone else hates. That's what's really cool. 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I'm not sure you could describe Live At Leeds as a 'compilation album'. It's a document of where The Who were on that particular night in 1970.

Exactly. It's a covers album with a shit medley and fucking Magic Bus. If you were unlucky enough to get the deluxe version they tacked on that crap opera pish too. I'm surprised they didn't disband there and then.