You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

Thank fuck for that.

I've been waiting for a while for this to happen hoping that going solo might spark Noel back into action and get him writing some decent singer-songwriter stuff on his own, and do something a bit more interesting that their recent stuff which, in my opinion, has been gash. Hopefully we'll get chance to see if he can now.

Noel was the talent in that outfit, his brother is just a loudmouthed cunt with ideas above his station, the delusion that he's talented and the ability to start a fight in an empty house, in short all style (relatively speaking) and no substance. Recently, he seems to have degenerated into some kind of caricature of a gobby manc and has been pouring out deranged shit through any number of media outlets, I think Noel is probably best off out of it.

Of course there will John. But there'll be millions who also absolutely loved Definitely Maybe and then watched as a great band kept producing diminishing returns on the same theme. They'll think there was nothing new and inventive about them and that they would have liked them to have done something more interesting but didn't. That's music isn't it; and that's opinions for you.

My heart does go out to big Oasis fans though. If one of the bands I loved broke up, and you thought they weren't going to make any new stuff, then I'd be gutted.

But, if I may be so mischevious as to suggest it, if you want to know what another two or three Oasis albums would have sounded like then I'd suggest listening to the last two or three again; they'd sound like that.

However Stu there are a lot of people who slag oasis off as it became fashionable, not saying you are though mate.

With the exception of Be Here Now (although under rated in my opinion) they have produced consistently good records for over a decade whilst many so called great bands have come and long gone.

• Upvote 1

I was gonna post youtube videos, but by the end of it, it would end up slowing the thread right down. But they haven't half made some brilliant tunes. I'm struggling to even narrow it down to my 20 favourite Oasis songs.

I was gonna post youtube videos, but by the end of it, it would end up slowing the thread right down. But they haven't half made some brilliant tunes. I'm struggling to even narrow it down to my 20 favourite Oasis songs.

You slow the thread down, Alex. You.

I will never get to see Oasis live - apart from The Beatles this is the one band who i would want to see live. Noel will hopefully do some solo work but it will never be the same.

Ho hum. I saw them at Knebworth and Maine Road in their pomp. Knebworth was great, admittedly, although Maine Road seemed to be full of scallies wanting someone to open their beer from the bottom end, preferably with their heads. Manchester.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're missing too much these days. My understanding is that recent gigs have been phoned in, to say the least.

There will be other bands, my friend. I refer you to this song.

Remember: Oasis, just a band:

Think Be Here Now was the last Oasis album I liked (Masterplan too but that was a collection of B-sides that I already knew from their singles.) Used to love them when I was 15/16/17 but I've completely lost touch with them since. Noel will be back anyway in a few days, one or the other of the brothers quits every five minutes anyway. Cast No Shadow, Whatever, Slide Away and obviously, Live Forever are genuinely great great songs though, don't care what anyone says.

I'll echo the above statement.

Seen them twice, last time was the wembley gig on the DVD they did back in 2000. Could of seen them twice at heaten park this year, for free on some industry tickets, but chose to get an early train home to ours both nights.

Says it all for me, were the band that got me into music but i put them into the same bracket as the who

Seen it, crossed it off the list, don't bother again.

Earls court was their peak, performance wise

They'll be back, put my mortgage on it