You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

10 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

If you really want to understand what Gallagher is saying, he states it, I could never vote Tory (implying he may agree with them rather than the communist Corbyn).

hes a fucking sell out, and if he had Rangers top on Stig would be waxing lyrical about the halcyon days of Gough and McCoist.

and full disclosure- there is no embarrassment in that, as a ten year old, brought up in a somewhat strict Irish catholic family, with Celtic kits alongside my Liverpool kits, I got a lot of stick when I lashed them in to follow Souness when he returned to these shores at Rangers.

Dickhead. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

Stolen from Twitter. 

YouGov Corbyn Favourability among C2DEs

Favourable 31%

Unfavourable 53%

Wonder what Noel Gallagher would get...

Negged. The rest of us have moved on from Corbyn.

Post that poll result in the Corbyn thread and I'll rep it.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Dickhead. 

Ha you bit... here’s the thing though, I wasn’t calling him a Rangers fan, I was saying you are such a fan boy, that if he wore a Rangers shirt you would change your allegiances north of the border, knowing full well you are a Celtic fan.

it was a gag, you clearly missed it, hope you were happy with a draw for city yer big Manc lege.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Ha you bit... here’s the thing though, I wasn’t calling him a Rangers fan, I was saying you are such a fan boy, that if he wore a Rangers shirt you would change your allegiances north of the border, knowing full well you are a Celtic fan.

it was a gag, you clearly missed it, hope you were happy with a draw for city yer big Manc lege.

Hahaha dick. x 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Oasis is music for people who don't like music.  Bland crap

What a load of bollocks. I’m not an Oasis fan and never have been. However, music is subjective. It pisses me off when people dismiss other people’s taste in stuff just because it differs to theirs.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I used to love Oasis, but I can't be fucking doing with Noel now. He's gone full Morrisey, the self-satisfied, arrogant, joyless bastard. He couldn't be further from the his roots now if he lived on fucking Mars. Also, he makes shit, bland formulaic music. When he was on at Festival Number 6, I fucked off early to avoid the taxi queue.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

What a load of bollocks. I’m not an Oasis fan and never have been. However, music is subjective. It pisses me off when people dismiss other people’s taste in stuff just because it differs to theirs.

If it's subjective - which it is - then why can't anyone slag it off?!

I honestly believe people liked Oasis because they were there.  A lack of choice elevated them to a place that retrospectively, they didn't really deserve.  It was a great first album, no question, but the perpetuation was nothing short of odd.

Echo and the Bunnymen made songs and albums better than Oasis could ever hope to, but even at their peak couldn't fill an arena.

Some bands are good, some bands just happen to be there.

Showaddywaddy were there in the 70s, doing anodyne versions of rock standards.  Oasis were there in the 90s, doing anodyne versions of rock standards.

Dave Bartram 1979 > Noel Gallagher 1999

• Upvote 1