You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

I don't rate T-Rex very highly, I think you maybe had to be there to some extent. I'd have them way down the line of best glam rock bands personally.

Children Of The Revolution is the only song of theirs I think is really good.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't rate T-Rex very highly, I think you maybe had to be there to some extent. I'd have them way down the line of best glam rock bands personally.

Lots of shit being chatted here but T-Rex being down the list of glam rock bands is astonishing. They are probably the definitive glam rock band 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Lots of shit being chatted here but T-Rex being down the list of glam rock bands is astonishing. They are probably the definitive glam rock band 

Get it On is one of the definitive tunes of that era. So simple, but so effective.

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know they are but Pink Floyd are considered the definitive prog rock band by many & I don't rate them either compared with their contemporaries.

I'm talking about their ability to sing/play/write music rather than their ability to capture the zeitgiest.

46 minutes ago, Mook said:

I know they are but Pink Floyd are considered the definitive prog rock band by many & I don't rate them either compared with their contemporaries.

I'm talking about their ability to sing/play/write music rather than their ability to capture the zeitgiest.

I like you mate, but listen I know you think your ears are made of silk but I’m afraid someone has had a huge jobby in both of them. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I like you mate, but listen I know you think your ears are made of silk but I’m afraid someone has had a huge jobby in both of them. 

It's just my opinion on their music. I'm not debating that they were the definitive glam rock band.

I think if you listen to Get It On, it sounds kinda lame next to Rock & Roll Parts I & II or Cracked Actor for example.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's just my opinion on their music. I'm not debating that they were the definitive glam rock band.

I think if you listen to Get It On, it sounds kinda lame next to Rock & Roll Parts I & II or Cracked Actor for example.

I’m not really that arsed mate. Music is subjective 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm not a massive fan but they made some very iconic and catchy songs. Slade and Sweet stand out in my memory for making my favourite glam rock tunes even though I wasnt that much into anybody at the time and it took many years to appreciate them. 

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He's disappeared right up his own arse thats for sure. Documentary on Sky Arts premiering later about his life since Oasis. I'll record it and watch it because I'm an Oasis fan-boy. Shame to see someone who can write political songs like The Masterplan, Carry Us All, Bring it on Down etc appear to become lord snooty. That said, it's not his fucking job to lower taxes, nationalise railways etc. 

Selling his arse to the S*n is a bit much, like. I can shrug it off, but it's a massive kick in the plums to people like you who pay the fucker's wages.

44 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Selling his arse to the S*n is a bit much, like. I can shrug it off, but it's a massive kick in the plums to people like you who pay the fucker's wages.

Whilst I agree no cunt should ever have anything to do with that rag, what’s it got to do with him? I think he’s turned into a cunt but to say he and oasis are shit is just pure bollocks 

38 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I reckon you lads need to ease up a bit on young Stig, he's gonna take his ball and put in a transfer request to RAWK.

36 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'd love to take on sweaty Noel Gallagher in a 1 on 1. The bell would go, I'd feint to the left whilst bringing up a swift right uppercut to punch his bollocks in.

Can you fight? Because I can 

• Upvote 1

I've never liked him. back in the day I had him down as an arrogant thick-haired twat that wrote some half-decent stuff about how walking down a hall is faster than a cannonball, who got big because he had a brother who was an equally arrogant thick-haired twat, but with the swagger, voice and charisma to pull it off.

Now he's just an arrogant thick-haired twat who, in increasingly desperate attempts to stay relevant, slags off his brother to whoever's still listening and runs to that rag to gob off about people who fall out with their families. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mook said:

Cosmic dancer and Jeepster are tunes I reckon.