You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Tongue in cheek but he has said for ages he doesn't want Corbyn leading the country. I will be honest, neither do I. his values yes but is he a strong enough leader? No. I'd like to see Andy Burnham get the gig. Corbyn is awkward and whilst he talks a good fight, I reckon he would crumble. He will inspire the voters especially the young but not his own party when it comes to making the radical change he is talking about.

Oh and Oasis are fucking boss. 

I’m not into negging, but this post is shite. Don’t look to pop stars for politics, most of them are more concerned with shielding their (often well earned) stash, working class principles are costly.

Tony Blair was a prick, he did a lot of good stuff, along with a fair amount of nefarious stuff, personality politics is bullshit, the policies that Corbyn and McDonnell are bringing forward are brave, considered, and look to benefit those who need it most, rather than blowing smile up the arse of those whose need is least.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Nope, the whole genre of Britpop deserves to be fired into the sun so we can forget about the dozens of droning,shit hair cut cunts that thought they where the second coming of the beatles. A fraud of a genre of music, that fits the time with the fraud of a labour leader they all seemed to like.

Where are the legendary Kula Shaker these days? I liked Oasis, still don’t mind blur, and a few of the others. But the real genre breaking music then was in clubs as The Dust Brothers became Chemical, Dave Clarke twisted techno tornadoes, the Prodigy smacked their beats up and Leftfiel, Orbital et al took us on a mad trance dance through the festivals.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Where are the legendary Kula Shaker these days? I liked Oasis, still don’t mind blur, and a few of the others. But the real genre breaking music then was in clubs as The Dust Brothers became Chemical, Dave Clarke twisted techno tornadoes, the Prodigy smacked their beats up and Leftfiel, Orbital et al took us on a mad trance dance through the festivals.

Arthur loves Le Bateau.

• Upvote 1

I never understand why people like Suagr or Gallagher come out with shit like this theyve more money than you could probably spend in four or five lifetimes anyway.

So it's make not one iota of difference as to who is in power be it Labour , Tory or the Looney Party. they will still be incredibly wealthy whatever happens all it does iis make Gallagher come across as a bad bellend which to be fair is what he has turned into these last couple of years.

i still like Liam mind.

25 minutes ago, razor said:

Arthur loves Le Bateau.

Arthur was a fucking eejit who used to get free entry into Le bateau, until he started turning up wasted and getting collared with gear.

awesome club though, I fell off the balcony upstairs one night - was a fair auld fall backwards, luckily my sober, dyspraxic spaz was enhanced by fuck knows what E numbers, and I survived an 8 foot backwards flip. Fun times!

18 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I never understand why people like Suagr or Gallagher come out with shit like this theyve more money than you could probably spend in four or five lifetimes anyway.

So it's make not one iota of difference as to who is in power be it Labour , Tory or the Looney Party. they will still be incredibly wealthy whatever happens all it does iis make Gallagher come across as a bad bellend which to be fair is what he has turned into these last couple of years.

i still like Liam mind.

I’m only surprised Liam hasn’t come out in full support of Corbyn, the cantankerous cunt.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Tongue in cheek but he has said for ages he doesn't want Corbyn leading the country. I will be honest, neither do I. his values yes but is he a strong enough leader? No. I'd like to see Andy Burnham get the gig. Corbyn is awkward and whilst he talks a good fight, I reckon he would crumble. He will inspire the voters especially the young but not his own party when it comes to making the radical change he is talking about.

Oasis are shite, and you deffo vote UKIP.

• Upvote 1

You only had to see him on Goggle box and know the kind of circles he moves in. 

He's one of tbose horrendous creatures, similar to Steve McManaman, someone from the North who thinks they're smarter than their peers because they talk fast and can regurgitate some shit or spout pound bin philosophy.

Tom Ross's genius description of Susan Boyle was 'she's not good, she's just not as shit as you expect her to be based on how she looks.'

Same with Gallagher, he's not clever, he's just not as thick as you expect him to be based on how he looks.

2014BigPic_NoelG_Gogglebox171014-2-920x612.jpg

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The problem with that Stig is that Burnham is just another Blair/Brown/Mandelson in his political views.  I don’t agree that he’s a poor or weak leader but I get that people might have that view but unfortunately he’s the best we’ve got.  Sticking one of these other high profile professional good looking 40-50 year old fellas in doesn’t just mean that Labour keep all the same policies they have now and you get to have a shiny new leader who looks great in the tabloids.

They would talk a good game and then get in power and do the exact same shit the tories or the Lib Dem’s would do.  The reason Corbyn is and would be a good leader for the country is because he is one of only a few left wing politicians left who the public and Labour voters can trust to actually implement change and not just chat shit trying to cosy up to the right to get votes and guarantee power at the expense of the people they are meant to represent.

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking Burnham, Starmer or any of these career types would keep the same policies as Corbyn.  They’re nothing like him.  They’re morally liberal which is what I think most on the left would agree is right but economically they’re right wing and it’s the economically right wing that have had UK by the throat for decades and left us in the state we are in.  The country needs an economically left wing party to show the country that it’s an option.  They can have a properly funded NHS, school system, police force etc by just putting the taxes back to what they were on companies and up on the very richest in society.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

The problem with that Stig is that Burnham is just another Blair/Brown/Mandelson in his political views.  I don’t agree that he’s a poor or weak leader but I get that people might have that view but unfortunately he’s the best we’ve got.  Sticking one of these other high profile professional good looking 40-50 year old fellas in doesn’t just mean that Labour keep all the same policies they have now and you get to have a shiny new leader who looks great in the tabloids.

They would talk a good game and then get in power and do the exact same shit the tories or the Lib Dem’s would do.  The reason Corbyn is and would be a good leader for the country is because he is one of only a few left wing politicians left who the public and Labour voters can trust to actually implement change and not just chat shit trying to cosy up to the right to get votes and guarantee power at the expense of the people they are meant to represent.

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking Burnham, Starmer or any of these career types would keep the same policies as Corbyn.  They’re nothing like him.  They’re morally liberal which is what I think most on the left would agree is right but economically they’re right wing and it’s the economically right wing that have had UK by the throat for decades and left us in the state we are in.  The country needs an economically left wing party to show the country that it’s an option.  They can have a properly funded NHS, school system, police force etc by just putting the taxes back to what they were on companies and up on the very richest in society.

Sorry mate, I got 12 words into that before aborting. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sorry mate, I got 12 words into that before aborting. 

Most of it is intuition I’ll give you that Numero but it’s based on the fact he became an MP in 2001 and subsequently went to vote with Blair on all his shit specifically increasing tuition fees, the Iraq war and then subsequently voting against an inquiry in to it.  I can’t remember if he was also one of the Labour MP’s to abstain on the austerity vote but I’ll just assume he was.  He’s a careerist lizard like the rest of them.  I don’t think for a second he’d follow through with the policies Corbyn promised.  You only have to look at those photos of him in that S*n advertised taxi.  How any man of his age that grew up in Liverpool could physically do that is beyond me.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I agree with most of your assessment of Burnham. I don't think he'd be a Blair/Mandelson clone but I don't believe he'd go anywhere near far enough to change much.

More biting social commentary from the great wit of our times which is Noel fucking Gallagher.

When it’s not even certain you’re the least tedious brother, despite the constant open goal that other bellend gives him, you’ve significant cause to worry.

• Upvote 1

It’s weird how you lot can like or at least tolerate someone until the point they say something negative about JC, or have different political views and then you turn. Surely his political views are only a tiny part of him/them.  It must be so difficult applying the purity test all the time.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4