You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

Agree with that. Colossal swagger to the title track and Acquiesce. A band at the peak of their powers. Some fine moments on the second album, but their hunger was already gone by then.

Be Here Now is just horrible. Five star reviews across the board on its release says a lot about the pack mentality of music journalists, though.

I honestly love Be Here Now. Some cracking songs on there. 

I absolutely adore Acquiesce but I suppose it's the exception that proves the rule for me; it only works because a) it was in Noel's imperial phase (I'm with you on the Some Might Say single) and b ) as you say, the song's strength is in the contrast of their voices. 

Noel's new effort reminded me a bit of Acquiesce because as you say it sounds like he's having fun.  That's what I like about it, and the blatant catchy/cheesiness.  

Agree with that. Colossal swagger to the title track and Acquiesce. A band at the peak of their powers. Some fine moments on the second album, but their hunger was already gone by then.

Be Here Now is just horrible. Five star reviews across the board on its release says a lot about the pack mentality of music journalists, though.

I was never that into Oasis but I did like Definitely Maybe and parts of Morning Glory.  I much preferred Definitely Maybe, at the time and also in retrospect.  It's an LP I'm more likely to go back to and enjoy.

Be Here Now had a few okay moments but it's definitely the point I lost interest.  They had a good stint and I admire the enduring fans like wor Stig.  I still follow Mudhoney when most people gave up after Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge.  Whatever people are passionate about is best.  

The only other Oasis song that sticks with me is Stop Crying Your Heart Out, that would definitely (see what I did) be at home on their first two LPs.

I honestly don't know how you can say Be Here Now is horrible. It's like the 3rd godfather film. It's not as good as the first two but there's still a lot to like and it's a lot better than most indie albums released today.

I grew up on Oasis and I used to love both the brothers. Nowadays though I can't stand Liam. He's as thick as pigshit and plays up to it whilst thinking he's clever. I don't buy any of this authentic shit either. He's on fucking everything at the moment with all these sycophants disappearing up his arse. That tea making video is embarrassing but the reaction to it, as if it's some sort of comedy gold unorchestrated moment, makes me cringe. He clearly hasn't wrote a word of this new album either.

He's skint and wants another payout, probably due to all the various kids he has cheating on his wife. He used the Manchester Arena terror incident to boost his new album sales and classlessly called out Noel on it.

He shows his true colours when it comes to Noel. If you've been following him on twitter you get to see his bipolar behaviour on there. One things clear though deep down he knows he's a bad dickhead and caused his brother, who's obviously spent years tolerating him, to actually completely give up on him. He's desperate for them to get Oasis back together and going off his comments a while ago thought it was possible. Noel completely blanking his head in has rattled him and now the narrative has changed to it was all Noel being up his own arse talking to celebrities bla bla bla that caused the split. The cunt would be on the dole if it wasn't for his brother.

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't know how you can say Be Here Now is horrible. It's like the 3rd godfather film. It's not as good as the first two but there's still a lot to like and it's a lot better than most indie albums released today.

I grew up on Oasis and I used to love both the brothers. Nowadays though I can't stand Liam. He's as thick as pigshit and plays up to it whilst thinking he's clever. I don't buy any of this authentic shit either. He's on fucking everything at the moment with all these sycophants disappearing up his arse. That tea making video is embarrassing but the reaction to it, as if it's some sort of comedy gold unorchestrated moment, makes me cringe. He clearly hasn't wrote a word of this new album either.

He's skint and wants another payout, probably due to all the various kids he has cheating on his wife. He used the Manchester Arena terror incident to boost his new album sales and classlessly called out Noel on it.

He shows his true colours when it comes to Noel. If you've been following him on twitter you get to see his bipolar behaviour on there. One things clear though deep down he knows he's a bad dickhead and caused his brother, who's obviously spent years tolerating him, to actually completely give up on him. He's desperate for them to get Oasis back together and going off his comments a while ago thought it was possible. Noel completely blanking his head in has rattled him and now the narrative has changed to it was all Noel being up his own arse talking to celebrities bla bla bla that caused the split. The cunt would be on the dole if it wasn't for his brother.

Pretty much agree with this. I mean he was on The Graham Norton show the other week. Fair enough he was reasonably amusing  for the five minutes he was on but the simple fact of him being on The Graham Norton show (and getting interviewed) says it all for me. 

Also, you can occasionally take your parka off, Liam, you may not get as sweaty then. 

• 1 month later...
Oh dear another working class hero bites the dust.....
I was going to say I think Noel should stick to his day job but after hearing his new album I don't think that's a good idea either.

Noel Gallagher: “Fuck Jeremy Corbyn. He’s a Communist”

Ex-Oasis man says politicians are "fucking idiots"

Noel Gallagher has hit out at Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn in a new interview.

The former Oasis guitarist has slammed Corbyn in the past, while also saying that he could never vote for the Tories “because some invisible force field would stop me from putting my vote in the ballot box”.

Now, speaking to Paste, Gallagher has said: “Fuck Jeremy Corbyn. He’s a Communist.”

He went on to speak about the US President, saying: “Trump’s a…a… I’m not even going to name him. But they [Corbyn and Trump] don’t affect my life. Well, Donald Trump, maybe, because his views on the environment are pretty fucking scary, and that will affect my children. But politicians? They’re fucking idiots. They’re economists—that’s all they are. They’re fucking full of shit, and I should know, because I’ve known quite a few of them.”

“I don’t watch the news,” Gallagher said. “The news is fucking boring. So if the world is going to end, I don’t want to know about it. I

Gallagher – who was famously photographed with Tony Blair during the Britpop era – has spoken about his relationship with the Labour party, saying last year: “Speaking as somebody from the left, I thought the New Labour years, coming up to 1997, were amazing. It was so exciting to be in England at the time, because there were so many things going on.”
But then, the Labour Party proved themselves to be ‘Meet the new boss, same as the old boss’, and until that changes, I’m not having it. The Tories don’t care about the vulnerable, and the communists don’t care about the aspirational.”

• Upvote 1

Politics aside, his new album is a belter. 

Got to be honest I liked his first two but not fussed on the new one...Although I did like It's a Beautiful World until that French bird starts singing halfway through it...I mean what the fuck??.....As Nicky Henson says in Fawlty Towers "pretentious moi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqADIBkovA

Got to be honest I liked his first two but not fussed on the new one...Although I did like It's a Beautiful World until that French bird starts singing halfway through it...I mean what the fuck??.....As Nicky Henson says in Fawlty Towers "pretentious moi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqADIBkovA

It's a lot better than the first two in my opinion. Fair play to him to getting David Holmes in and trying something a little different to the norm.  

"She Taught Me How to Fly" and "The Man Who Built The Moon" are two of his best ever tunes i reckon and the bonus track "Dead in the Water" is glorious 

• Upvote 1

His view is pretty much the problem the left has in this country and why the tories can seem to do what they want and still get 40% of the vote. It’s a shame to see it come from Noel Gallagher as he’s clearly an intelligent fella but It isn’t surprising. If you aren’t properly bothered by politics or the state and direction the country is going in then you would just assume Corbyn is the same as the rest of them and you would subliminally pick up the shite that’s written in the press about him whether you realise it or not.

The sooner people do a stormzy and pay attention they will see just how different he is. Coming out with shite like “Fuck Corbyn” when he’s basically spent his adult life campaigning against war and for the disadvantaged shows an embarrassing ignorance. He even admits being ignorant to it in the interview but is still happy to give his laughable “he’s a communist” opinion.

• Upvote 5