You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we still win the league?

Guest LFD

Can we still win the league?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Can we still win the league?

• Yes
    • No

Sorry to say, but no.

Absolutely no width yet again this season. We still haven't replaced McManaman with a world-class winger after 13 years, which is unbelievable and is really the difference between winning the league and being also-rans year after year. And that's a shame because the core of the squad is second to none. It's that world-class winger and a deeper squad which is all that's missing.

Of course being below the likes of Tottenham and closer to Burnley than Chelsea is totally unacceptable.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
If we win on Monday and United / Chelsea draw we'll be 7 points behind the top.

Is it still possible?

Surely we'll get better.

LFD you are one of the most opitmistic posters in here.

Come and join me to undo this negative vibe that is surrounding the forums.

We can, and we will.

We have too much character, too much quality to be let down by a few results.

Its a dark, dark, storm, but in the end, Liverpool always come through it with a bang.

I just think we couldn't have had a worse start, yet we are still in touching distance - just.

With Aquilani, Gerrard, Johnson, Riera to come into the side. Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio to hopefully stay fit - we'll definately improve.

It's going to be tough, but it is possible.

*shakes head*

Come on Brownie, let's try and build our spirits.

No point in getting down, as it won't help anyone. We need to be positive and get something out of this season.

The time is not to get down or judge Benitez and the players - that's at the end of the season.

Now is the time to support and believe.

Come on Brownie, let's try and build our spirits.

No point in getting down, as it won't help anyone. We need to be positive and get something out of this season.

The time is not to get down or judge Benitez and the players - that's at the end of the season.

Now is the time to support and believe.

I wanted to rep you for that but I must spread it a bit first.

We've always had our strongest runs in the 2nd part of the season. So as LFD pointed out already, if we get our team fit we could get up there and be in with a chance. A lot of teams are able to cause upsets to the top 4 this year, more so than ever. So why not?

I know its a different era, but we were 10th at Christmas in 1981 and came back and won it. Anything is possible in football, especially with the reds!!

We've always had our strongest runs in the 2nd part of the season. So as LFD pointed out already, if we get our team fit we could get up there and be in with a chance. A lot of teams are able to cause upsets to the top 4 this year, more so than ever. So why not?

I know its a different era, but we were 10th at Christmas in 1981 and came back and won it. Anything is possible in football, especially with the reds!!

I agree.

If we drop Lucas and get Aquilani in there and Gerrard and Torres can stay fit when they return, anything is possible.

Boo.

That's not very positive.

Agreed, but it's what I believe. I am pretty confident about CL qualification, though. We'll deffo improve this season and probably by a huge degree. However, chasing three top class teams is too much, in my view. One or even two could falter, but all three won't.