You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

• 4 weeks later...

At what point does your teams decisions just turn you off following them. 

It's been bad enough having Winston as QB(the rape accusation from college), then drafting Granderson and now seem to be one of the two front runners for Watson. Might get away with it legally but 22 civil cases upcoming and even woman who haven't pressed charges have said how creepy he is. 

Can't get on board with any of this shit. 

Was half able to get past the Winston stuff as it was one case, always been denied but still could never get properly on board. 

27 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Imagine having just bought Tom Brady’s last thrown touchdown ball for $500K+, just for him to ‘unretire’ 2 days later, basically rendering the value of that ball, zero. Ouch. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/14/sport/tom-brady-supposed-final-touchdown-ball-auction-spt-intl/index.html

Made me laugh

As if you couldnt see it coming. 

Absolutely done with the Saints if this deal happens. Said before never comfortable with the Winston deal over the one accusation from college, add to that drafting Granderson. Now trading everything for a man facing 22 civil suits of sexual assault/sexual harassment. 

No fuck that I'm done

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Absolutely done with the Saints if this deal happens. Said before never comfortable with the Winston deal over the one accusation from college, add to that drafting Granderson. Now trading everything for a man facing 22 civil suits of sexual assault/sexual harassment. 

No fuck that I'm done

Targetgate didn't put you off?

Fully understand you on the other topic. Can't believe that my Colts (alledgedly) sounded out Watson too. 

36 minutes ago, lebron said:

Targetgate didn't put you off?

Fully understand you on the other topic. Can't believe that my Colts (alledgedly) sounded out Watson too. 

No

I get the Saints were guilty but it's been covered plenty. They were used as scapegoats with the NFL fighting the concussion cases. There have been independent reviews that showed the Saints were one of the least flagged teams and low down on the list of teams causes injuries. 

They were undoubtedly aggressive but very few really bad hits. Add to that most teams in the NFL used similar language in team meetings.  It all stemmed from one man that was sacked by the Saints,admitted he had a grudge so turned 'whistleblower'. Same man didn't work for another NFL team but Goodell did find him a job in the league front office. Also when the punishments got reviewed and appealed they player suspensions were dropped or at least severely reduced. Goodell overstepped his mark to show how 'player safety' mattered. 

• Upvote 1