You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Well done to everyone who has taken part in another well contested season. 

Commiserations to Carradona, shocked they didn't run Chubb more tonight

If anyone is planning on not returning let me know asap please.

Wide.gif&ehk=32cUJAInOAMICS51Qk3OAtukL4i

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

How did you chaps decide which teams to support?

When you don't have a geographical attachment to a team, it's really just for whatever random reason you make up in your head you think is valid. I had zero reason to start liking the Colts. I have nothing to do with the cities of Indianapolis or Liverpool, for that matter. I just made a choice as a kid and stuck with them. Both teams were pretty good in their respective sports when I started watching them, that's about it. 

• Upvote 1

My mate was a big Dolphins fan and loved Dan Marino when we were in school, and I’d never showed any interest until then but thought I’d best pick a team. I picked the 49ers because they were the most successful team when we were in school, winning it in 82, 85 and then 89 and 90 after we’d left. They’ve been shit for the most part since though.

• Upvote 1

I've followed since the Channel 4 days because I'm from Cleveland and because the old Municipal Stadium and old Dawg Pound was rough and rowdy and perhaps the nearest thing to The Kop that there is in American football.

40 years of mostly massive suckage later and I don't regret my choice.

Go Browns

I'd beewatchig for a good few years bt felt  was missing out on having a team. Thought back to some of my favourite moments ad a fair few involved the Saints.

The Monday night game they reopened the Dome against the Falcos a year after Hurricane Katrina, listening to the NFC Championship game on BBC at work

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Can't believe the shitty Steelers are going to be in the playoffs.  Same goes for the Saints too really, sorry @Lee909

Both of them are absolutely terrible. 

Should go back to 16 games in the season and 6 in the playoffs.  

We will be 1 and done, Aaron Donald will just destroy Caesar Ruiz, but delighted for the team. They've dealt with soo much shit this season. Played more players than any team in NFL history. Lost Thomas and Llutz for the whole season, been through 4 QB, played back up and the back ups back up at Tackle for most of the 2nd half of the year. Fully healthy this team battles for the division title. 

But they are poor offensively because of the injuries, the fact they lopok likely to make playoffs shows how strange the season has been.  If the 49ers fail to make it, I don't think they can blame anyone but themselves. It not like the Saints have just made it beating up on the Falcons and Panthers as they are 2-2. 

We won't get past the wild card round and long term it'll probably just cost us in later picks, but whoever wants to lose 

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

We will be 1 and done, Aaron Donald will just destroy Caesar Ruiz, but delighted for the team. They've dealt with soo much shit this season. Played more players than any team in NFL history. Lost Thomas and Llutz for the whole season, been through 4 QB, played back up and the back ups back up at Tackle for most of the 2nd half of the year. Fully healthy this team battles for the division title. 

But they are poor offensively because of the injuries, the fact they lopok likely to make playoffs shows how strange the season has been.  If the 49ers fail to make it, I don't think they can blame anyone but themselves. It not like the Saints have just made it beating up on the Falcons and Panthers as they are 2-2. 

We won't get past the wild card round and long term it'll probably just cost us in later picks, but whoever wants to lose 

Might have spoken too soon on the Saints.  49ers are coming back against the Rams.  Just need Strangler hero Deebo to catch a TD now too.

8 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

There's such a dearth of good quarterbacks and head coaches. College football has a lot to answer for, it's dumbed down playbooks to the point of inanity.

Yeah agree

Fits in with what the league wants now. High scoring,more offensive. The move to the more running QB has brought this in. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

Yeah agree

Fits in with what the league wants now. High scoring,more offensive. The move to the more running QB has brought this in. 

It's always been that you're fucked without a good QB but add that there's a lot of shit head coaches and you're ending up with a lot of badly coached crap in the league right now.

The Saints have one but not the other.

The Broncos have neither and if you have none, you're nowhere.