You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Turner was a riser. Lot of teams liked him. Plus, you always need pass rush.

We just guaranteed Davenport a 5th year. I know they tried to move up but this need curre tly has PJ Williams or Patrick Robertson starting at CB in a division with Ridley/Pitts, Antonio Brown/Gronkowski/Goodwin as the second option as WR. 

Honestly the Saints finish last in the division next year, 3rd at best. 

CB2 Patrick Robindon/PJ Williams

LB 2 Zach Baun

WR2 Trequan Smith

TE Adam Trautman

They've lost 2 of the best 3 DT

So many holes and they take a pass rusher who wasn't viewed as a late first rounder till the pro days started. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

We just guaranteed Davenport a 5th year. I know they tried to move up but this need curre tly has PJ Williams or Patrick Robertson starting at CB in a division with Ridley/Pitts, Antonio Brown/Gronkowski/Goodwin as the second option as WR. 

Honestly the Saints finish last in the division next year, 3rd at best. 

CB2 Patrick Robindon/PJ Williams

LB 2 Zach Baun

WR2 Trequan Smith

TE Adam Trautman

They've lost 2 of the best 3 DT

So many holes and they take a pass rusher who wasn't viewed as a late first rounder till the pro days started. 

I'd trust the Saints scouting. They been one of the best drafters in the league. Plus, edge has huge positional value. Wide Receiver or corner would have been good, but more edge is not unsound thinking. But you know your team better than I do, tbf.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'd trust the Saints scouting. They been one of the best drafters in the league. Plus, edge has huge positional value. Wide Receiver or corner would have been good, but more edge is not unsound thinking. But you know your team better than I do, tbf.

I don't trust there scouting in R1

Outside of 2017 and Lattimore Ramczyk it's been below average 

Since 2016

2016 Sheldon Rankins 

2017 Ramczyk and Lattimore 

2018 traded up Inc 2019 1st Marcus Davenport

2020 Caesar Ruiz(who just about kept his job last year) 

On 23/04/2021 at 21:46, Lee909 said:

Teams in red confirmed. 

Anyone new interested let me know and ill add you to the list to replace any non returning players

Carvalho Diablo Carvalho's Cripplers

lee South Park Cows

The Midnight Rambler -  Snivelling pish weasels

Bob Spunkmouse Wetherby Whalers

Red Knight - Welsh State Celtics

Dave U Bad News Bears

Lebowski Urban Achievers

The New Age Outlaws

Bielefeld Buzzards

Phil Simms Kings

Stockton Stranglers

clems clams

Add me up as the New Age Outlaws. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's really high maintenance, but seeing how the only offensive pick they've made in the first couple of rounds since about 2010 was the guy being groomed to be his successor I kinda see why he's a little bit miffed!

So miffed that he wants a extension

They want a restructure he wanted a extension, then all of a sudden he might want out or even retire

Nothing but a power play 

So as it stands 7 in for Fantasy

Could do with at least 3 or 5 more if anyone has any interest

Carvalho Diablo Carvalho's Cripplers

lee South Park Cows

The Midnight Rambler -  Snivelling pish weasels

Bob Spunkmouse Wetherby Whalers

The New Age Outlaws -The Bitch 

Red Knight - Welsh State Celtics

Dave U Bad News Bears

Lebowski Urban Achievers

Bielefeld Buzzards

Phil Simms Kings

Stockton Stranglers

clems clams

Did anyone get the emails i sent from the actual league page?

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Seems the world likes our pick in Stokes, so that’ll do for me. Shame there needs to be bullshit drama from Rodgers though.

Do they? The majority of evaluators had Stokes as a pretty big reach. But he's a corner with size and speed in the 4.2's, so it's not like it's a nonsensical pick. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Do they? The majority of evaluators had Stokes as a pretty big reach. But he's a corner with size and speed in the 4.2's, so it's not like it's a nonsensical pick. 

I don’t know anything at all about college football and obviously there hasn’t been a report today that hasn’t been 98% about Rodgers instead of the pick, but most of what I’ve read has been pretty complimentary save for one or too saying he’s got things to learn to become polished - but then picking 29 again what’s new?

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-first-round-draft-grades

this link sums up trying to read about it. Either they’re saying it’s a decent pick or they’re slating him not being a receiver as if late first round receivers are a big fucking deal.

yeah, Pitts will make a difference - but grabbing one at 29 or 58 there’s not gonna be too much difference.

@Carvalho Diablo Got JOK in R2

Having a good draft so far

Cowboys sadly having a really good draft too

Looking at the Saints schedule and i honestly don't see more than 6/7 wins the way the roster looks right now and next year might get even worse unless the cap jumps

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Looking at the Saints schedule and i honestly don't see more than 6/7 wins the way the roster looks right now and next year might get even worse unless the cap jumps

Just fuck off 

Make that 5/6 wins