You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

7 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Not really anymore.  Saints are good, but none of the others are.

Panthers have blown it up and their new coach appears to be a bad twat, and the Falcons have been rubbish since they lost the Superbowl.  Will be interesting to see how the Bucs go, they should be able to finish second in the division and compete for a wildcard if things go well.

Doesn't mean he'll be good in the league but Rhule's not a twat. He was an incredibly competent college coach. Basically performed miracles at Temple and Baylor. 

Agree about the South, it's not amazing. The NFC West will be the best division, I think. Arizona showed some good things last year. There should't be a doormat in that division. 

The Panthers are the only weak side in the division and they have the bases of a good side there. There receivers are really undervalued. 

The Falcons quietly started recovering last year and finished the season 6-2. 

Tampa will be interesting but if the lines not stiff enough to stop the rush they are fucked as Brady looked like a deer in the headlights last year

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Doesn't mean he'll be good in the league but Rhule's not a twat. He was an incredibly competent college coach. Basically performed miracles at Temple and Baylor. 

Agree about the South, it's not amazing. The NFC West will be the best division, I think. Arizona showed some good things last year. There should't be a doormat in that division. 

I saw something where he said he was all about hard work and a great believer in that Oklahoma drill where players just smash into each other until one of them collapses and that was why he was successful.

Think that is banned in the pros as it's only practised by bad twats.  

18 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I saw something where he said he was all about hard work and a great believer in that Oklahoma drill where players just smash into each other until one of them collapses and that was why he was successful.

Think that is banned in the pros as it's only practised by bad twats.  

By all accounts, he's a great coach and a smart guy, but yeah that's stupid if he likes that drill. Didn't know that. 

Sounds like it. 

The lack of medical check ups playing into it. The OFF guy I listened to says Herbert is a bust, misses open targets at a rate 3/4 times higher than other prospects. Going to be Drew Brees all over again. Though Tua injury list is concerning 

6 hours ago, Carradona said:

Dolphins really going to take Herbert over Tua tonight?

Hard to say. It's easy to rationalize for a team to do that because there is such uncertainty over Tua's injuries and they couldn't meet him, etc...

But I don't think any team would have Herbert over Tua just as a player. Tua is a way better quarterback.

Although, the Herbert criticism is starting to reach that hyperbolic stage that it does when people all parrot each other and collectively decide that a player is trash. Happened with Daniel Jones last year. 

Draft is over. How would y'all rate how your teams did?

Michael Pittman at 34, I like a lot. In a deep receiver class, I thought he was one of the most complete prospects. 

Jonathan Taylor is a bit weird. Can see why they did it because he's a great runner and we have a terrific run blocking Oline, and it allows to not resign Mack when his deal is up next year, but it's not great value at 41. 

Then in the 3rd, picked Blackmon from Utah, a safety with a currently torn ACL. Pretty typical Colts. They're good at finding guys that will contribute that they are higher on then most other teams, but seems like a bit of a reach. 

Got a QB in the 4th which was expected. Eason from Washington. Basically the typical 6''6 guy with a cannon but who doesn't know how to play the position. Maybe he'll learn a thing or two behind Rivers. 

Then got a guard, DT and a couple of more DB's. And signed Blankenship, the kicker from Georgia, so that's nice. 

Overall, it's alright. Would give it a B for now. 

Quiet happy with what we did

Days 1 wasn't popular with alot of Saints fans but on the whole they are whiny bunch if a LSU player is overlooked and not taking Queen when we needed a LB set them off. The reports come out early that OL might be the pick,but i do think they were going to possible take Murray is Arizona didn't move up. The Saints like big LB and Queen is a little undersized. The front office leaked a while back they were not happy with Warford play or weight last year and he is in the last year of his deal. With so many draft picks being a success the last few years we are going to either pay or lose some of them in the next 2 seasons so saving money on Warford makes sense. Wouldn't be shocked to see him cut soon to open space for a few hole fillers.

Trading up for the falling LB makes sense, only cost a additional 3rd and we likely have that 3rd coming back next year as a comp pick and if you go by trade charts unless we tanked the season and have a top 10 pick points wise it made sense. Same as trading all our remaining day 3 picks for a project TE, the kids only played at a lower level but has looked outstanding and we have Cook and Hill already so no need to rush him. Looks like we jumped in to grab another Taysum Hill type weapon/QB in the 6th aswell.

One the whole the Saints have one of the best rosters in the league but we could still do with another vet CB.

The front office has said there will be little to no camps before the official preseason camps start so i think they were always happy to have a small draft class to deal with especially as very few 6/7th rounders would have made the team anyway. 

Now its on to filling holes and loads of talk Jamies Winston joining to back up Brees and allow Hill to play his normal game. Not sure myself as surely he will want more than what we can pay or a longer deal

OK, the plan will still be to switch over to ESPN for this year's fantasy game. Too many issues with scoring which wasn't fair on either @RedKnight @Carvalho Diablo and has been draft issues. Also not being able to drop Woo teams as he's Co commis. I'll probably need all your emails for invites.

If anyone has any changes they'd like to add to scoring, set up we can get them in place soon. 

I'd advise to run a mock draft before to as it's a little different but simple enough. I'll link up once it's open for play. 

I know it's a while away but will get number, who's back etc so no last minute messing around. 

Also is anyone interested in a dynasty league on the side or any new players interested so I can work numbers or a 2nd league 

• 1 month later...

Wow

Drew Brees has shit the bed today. 

Feels like he's lost have of the New Orleans fan base. 

Still saying kneeling is disrespecting the flag and what his grandfather's fought for. 

He's not read the room at all. And seems to have pissed off at least Michael Thomas and probably Malcolm Jenkins