You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

And that's me off to bed. Ravens win 44-13. Very good performance- especially on offence- and Flacco in particular was shit hot (never thought I'd write that last part!).

Roll on next week against Philadelphia.

Flacco could have a huge season. He's flattered to deceive before but they're obviously wanting to reduce Rice's touches and with Torrey Smith, he'll be airing it out most weeks.

Flacco could have a huge season. He's flattered to deceive before but they're obviously wanting to reduce Rice's touches and with Torrey Smith, he'll be airing it out most weeks.

As long as our o-line protects him he'll have a tremendous year. Thrives in the no huddle and he finally has a receiving core with plenty of depth and quality.

Bet Joe Linta is buzzing that he didn't negotiate a new contract in the off-season.

284429_10151054501242293_527616900_n.jpg

That is all.

Already is, like. No doubt Neko will be along to neg me for it shortly though.

Can't neg anymore, but I can still hate you.

Just kidding - even I have to grudgingly admit that he looks pretty special.

Early days though - the Saints defence did not look quite right to me.

Agree about the BBC coverage being incredibly shoddy, too. Just gonna carry on getting US streams, I think.

As for fantasy football, I was a Phil Rivers TD pass away from pulling off a momentous comback. Boldin got me 12.6 points, Justin Tucker (who, might I add, I got with my last pick in 2 of my 3 leagues) got me a whopping 15 points, and I ended up just over 4 points short. He overthrew a few passes in the redzone and there was one in the first quarter that Gates should have hauled in. Fuck you, Rivers!

Can't neg anymore, but I can still hate you.

Just kidding - even I have to grudgingly admit that he looks pretty special.

Early days though - the Saints defence did not look quite right to me.

Haha, yeah the kid has talent.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/0ap2000000060723/QB-Griffin-to-TE-Davis-26-yd-pass

That play, more than anything I saw on Sunday, just highlights the elusiveness and arm strength/accuracy of the lad.

I'm still thinking we'll be round 500 come seasons end as we've got enough issues that we need to work at but we got everything right on Sunday. That ain't gonna happen every week. Positive as fuck about the future but we, just like Bobby Griff, are still very much on a learning curve.

Most underrated player from the redskins is London Fletcher IMO.

The man is still a beast,that grab in Sproles showed how quick the man still is.

Great player.

He is staggeringly underrated outside of Washington. Proper baffles me that. Undrafted pick up by the Rams in '98 and he hasn't missed a game! He was 37 in the summer but last season lead the league in tackles. Absolute beast.

Agree about the BBC coverage being incredibly shoddy, too. Just gonna carry on getting US streams, I think.

As for fantasy football, I was a Phil Rivers TD pass away from pulling off a momentous comback. Boldin got me 12.6 points, Justin Tucker (who, might I add, I got with my last pick in 2 of my 3 leagues) got me a whopping 15 points, and I ended up just over 4 points short. He overthrew a few passes in the redzone and there was one in the first quarter that Gates should have hauled in. Fuck you, Rivers!

I dont know how i won that either, when i saw the totals for Boldin and the kicker i thought id had it. The Raiders defence did a decent job seeing as their game was all over the place, you have to feel for the replacement long snapper who had an absolute mare.

On a side note Boldins touchdown should have been chalked off according to the expert in the comms box.

Flacco is available for the right deal....... :yes:

It won't be that way this season.

Lot's of excitement ahead for you guys and out of the NFC East I'd rather see you guys win than NYG' date=' NYG, or especially the cowboys...

RGIII looked great against us. I was telling "Like it Is" this just last night but since I've been watching the NFL he's probably the most composed Rookie QB I've ever seen. Now the Skins offense looked way different and teams will play him better once they have tape on him but if his attitude and work ethic are right he'll be great QB for years to come.

Regarding your D, they were excellent most of the game but Haslett always seems to do well against the more high-powered offenses. It's the grind it out offenses that he had trouble with when he was our HC. I did notice him going into prevent at the end there, but RGIII had taken too much time off the clock for the Saints to be able to get where we needed to and have a chance to tie the game that isn't the Hailmary prayer toss.[/quote']

I wish I could understand all of that. Shame as I really want to. Rep coming your way.

Makes me more determined to get back into it.

That is all.

Gonna be a popular image In Redskinland

Well I like it.

3 points:

1) The most storied franchise in TLW fantasy history have lost their opener for the third season running.

2) Im stacked at WR. Someone make me an offer. After a decent RB.

3) If the Ravens get past the conference playoffs I'll eat my own arse hair in a tortilla wrap.

Steeler nation.