You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

On 18/03/2020 at 01:59, 3 Stacks said:

Rivers is going to be good behind that o-line. 1 year deal as well is perfect. Brady to Tampa seems weird but there's a lot of talent on that roster. 

Miami and Arizona "winners" of the off-season thus far. We'll see what that gets them when the games actually start. That tag usually guarantees you'll suck, actually. 

Yep Tampa Bay it is. Weird one like you say. 

Saints loading up

Made a offer to Bell to stay, he's waited so they've brought Malcolm Jenkins back and just signed Emmanuel Sanders. Could well have gone deeper last year had they traded for him. Nice 1/2 at WR now

• 2 weeks later...

Like Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen for the Saints. Alex Anzelone is a good olb but he cannot stay fit and one of these two should be a great partner for Demario Davis. 

If not another pass rusher but not sure there is any standout in the Saints range. 

So possibly another WR though I think they can get one in round 3. 

If the two LBers go I'd like to see them trade to trade back and gain another pick

Thought the guy deserved a mentioned. With everything going on his official retirement seems to be overlooked. Suck a shame. Just turned 25 and looking one of the best linebacker in the league and suffers such a injury there's no safe way back.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Draft around 2 weeks away. 

Going to be a strange one to watch. 

Who do you want? 

Colts traded the 13th pick for Buckner. Got the 34th and 44th picks now. Would love a wideout and there will be a bunch of options. Very deep WR class. QB may be a possibility as well with Rivers on a 1 year deal. Or Corner and there would be a few good ones available around the 25-35 range. 

Justin Jefferson is probably the ideal but he'd have to fall. More likely someone like Denzel Mims or Tee Higgins.

And I'm kind of intrigued by Jalen Hurts as a QB prospect. Pretty unlikely Jordan Love would be available when the Colts pick, but he's promising as well. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Thought the guy deserved a mentioned. With everything going on his official retirement seems to be overlooked. Suck a shame. Just turned 25 and looking one of the best linebacker in the league and suffers such a injury there's no safe way back.

Yep - great player - good guy. Bengals are a gaggle of useless cunts.

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Wirfs then Thomas then Becton at 10.

Worry with Beckton will be if he is professional enough. If not you've got a 400lb man coming into camp. 

Sounds a boom or bust player to me. 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Becton is a freak. Hard to pass up on a guy like that if he's there at 10. 

Possibly but his level of competition is suspect. Very few games against top 10 colleges and not even that many against top 15. Just over 20 games played and only 3 games against Clemson and Bama, next best is Notre Dame and then Wake Forest. 

The other potential issue for the Brown would be Baker Mayfield behind him wouldn't see much. Its a bit like Brees with the Saints line. Look how often he is on his toes to see over the offensive line men. Unless the Brown's want him scrambling, and if they do he isn't lasting long in the league they want to get the interior of the line sorted. Far better for a short QB to be protected by a good interior as it gives them space to move into. They need a new RG as much as a pair of tackles

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Draft around 2 weeks away. 

Going to be a strange one to watch. 

Who do you want? 

As a long suffering Dolphins guy, I’m hoping Tua falls to 5. Then it’s gravy with the two other first round picks and two second round picks, as apparently it’s a really good draft.

Need receiver, running back, O line and D line. Two first round and two second round picks next year too, so just don’t fuck it up and have the chance to be pretty good in a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

As a long suffering Dolphins guy, I’m hoping Tua falls to 5. Then it’s gravy with the two other first round picks and two second round picks, as apparently it’s a really good draft.

Need receiver, running back, O line and D line. Two first round and two second round picks next year too, so just don’t fuck it up and have the chance to be pretty good in a couple of years.

Well they had a decent start to free agency and have the picks to move up from 18 to get a OT if there's a run on them. RB come cheap these days and can be got R2-4 pretty comfortably 

25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Possibly but his level of competition is suspect. Very few games against top 10 colleges and not even that many against top 15. Just over 20 games played and only 3 games against Clemson and Bama, next best is Notre Dame and then Wake Forest. 

The other potential issue for the Brown would be Baker Mayfield behind him wouldn't see much. Its a bit like Brees with the Saints line. Look how often he is on his toes to see over the offensive line men. Unless the Brown's want him scrambling, and if they do he isn't lasting long in the league they want to get the interior of the line sorted. Far better for a short QB to be protected by a good interior as it gives them space to move into. They need a new RG as much as a pair of tackles

I don't think the height thing is an issue for LT's. It's to the right handed QB's blind side, they aren't consistently looking there. 

Drafting OT's is basically a crap shoot anyway and fans evaluating them is even more futile cause ain't nobody watching every snap of these college tackles closely. Frankly, I just think you pick the most physically gifted one. 

Bill O'brien on a one man war to destroy the Texans from within

So far

Didn't resign Hyde after a 1000 yard season

Traded Hopkins for whatever still works on David Johnson and his monster contract and a second rounder. 

Signs Randall Cobb at 9ml a season. 

Uses 2nd rounder from trade to sign the remnants of Brandin Cooks who's one more concussion to retirement. 

So he's now paying out over 30ml to Johnson, Cobb, Cooks this year alone. 

He now has one experienced receiver over 6ft. 

Talk about wasting Watson rookie deal

On 07/04/2020 at 13:51, Lee909 said:

Like Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen for the Saints. Alex Anzelone is a good olb but he cannot stay fit and one of these two should be a great partner for Demario Davis. 

If not another pass rusher but not sure there is any standout in the Saints range. 

So possibly another WR though I think they can get one in round 3. 

If the two LBers go I'd like to see them trade to trade back and gain another pick

What do you think about a RB with the fist pick? Whether that's 24 or a trade down.

Need to make a decision on Kamara next year and paying him does not make a lot of sense. Could just franchise him I guess too. Swift, Taylor, Dobbins and Edwards-Hellaire are the main ones. 

I'd be looking to trade Kamara now. 

I wouldnt pay him, but I wouldn't pay any RB, especially now with others needing new deals. Swift the only one worthy of a 1st round pick but has had some fumble issues. If we traded back or traded Kamara I'd be looking R2/3 to being in a rookie, specifically a pass catching back 

Not played a full season in nearly a decade, was physically fucked last time he paid. Kinda feels Brady and Gronk trying to prove it wasn't Bill winning titles. 

NFC South the division to watch either way. Its a nasty division 

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not played a full season in nearly a decade, was physically fucked last time he paid. Kinda feels Brady and Gronk trying to prove it wasn't Bill winning titles. 

NFC South the division to watch either way. Its a nasty division 

Not really anymore.  Saints are good, but none of the others are.

Panthers have blown it up and their new coach appears to be a bad twat, and the Falcons have been rubbish since they lost the Superbowl.  Will be interesting to see how the Bucs go, they should be able to finish second in the division and compete for a wildcard if things go well.