You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

28 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Some of the so called tackling in the NFL is laughable, especially amongst defensive backs.

Kids rugby teams would be embarrassed.

Yeah

Its all about throwing the shoulder in and trying to hit hard and make a film tackle rather than properly arm tackling and securing the tackle. 

Cost us the game in Minnesota a couple of year back. Just wrap them up

Got to laugh at Michael Lombardi on twitter. Continually throwing shit at Ryan Pace drafting Trubisky and not Maholmes or Watson, now that's fair enough. But that useless prick was the Brown's GM in 2013/14

Drafted Johnny Manziel over Carr, Bridgewater and Grappolo. 

Drafted Justin Gilbert at 6

Drafted Barkevious Mingo at 6

Guest Pistonbroke
10 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Impressive choke-job by the Bills.

A good consistent effort throughout the second half, but really stepped it up right there at the end.

Bills choked in that second half, especially the last quarter but the Texans went for it and it paid off. Nice to see the Pats dumped out. Hard to see past a ravens v Chiefs conference championship though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Close and exciting Wild Card game between the Vikings and Saints. Huge play be Thielen to set up that red zone in OT and that last play to Rudolph was so obvious, real poor coverage. Sets up a Divisional play off game v the 49'ers for the Vikings. 

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

No complaints

Beat in the trenches both sides of the ball for most of the game. 

Played terrible got exactly what they deserved. 

The Vikings were excellent and deserved the win

Pretty much how I feel about it. Should've been OPI on the winning touchdown but if the Saints offense bothered to show up for the first 3 quarters it wouldn't have ever come to that, and this year in particular the refs were never giving us that call.

At QB - I think Bridgewater will be the odd man out, Drew will come back on a similar deal to this year, we'll draft a QB and Taysom will keep his utility role for one more year. We really need a second option at WR so I would expect that to be the 1st rounder unless we have a FA acquisition there or there just isn't a WR on the board worth taking in that position.

Wouldn't surprise me if Alvin Kamara is trade bait this off-season as well. I really hope we keep him because I think this year will prove to be an anomaly but the fact of the matter is that we can't pay everyone and whilst Lattimore had a bad game today he's generally a shutdown Corner, those guys are much harder to find than runningbacks.

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Problem is the Saints are on the hook for a large cap hit for Brees weather he plays next year or not. Similar to the Pats and Brady 

How good of a thrower is Taysom? I was kind of joking about him being the QB1 because he kind of reminds me of Tebow if Tebow had been a better athlete, but is he a legit option there?

I think you're right, it will be Brees for one more year whilst they draft a guy who can learn for a bit.

Yea from what I've seen Taysom is the run and gun type. Haven't been seeing him throw the ball into tight windows or work with timing routes but then he hasn't been asked to do that. He did come on as a QB in the Preseason game this year against the Chargers and absolutely took the game over but from what I remember a lot of that had to do with his running and also it was playing with and against backups, hard to judge that. The only reason I think Teddy Bridgewater will be the odd man out is because I don't think Drew is ready to retire and for me there's no way the Saints let Drew go elsewhere as he's still playing at a ridiculously high level. Yesterday was a bad day at the office for him, but it was for the same reasons he's typically had bad days at the office throughout. Pressure through the interior o-line has always been the way to get Drew Brees off his game and when the receivers are having trouble getting open it compounds it.

It's hard to judge Payton's playcalling because Drew checks into another play quite often, but on the surface of it I'd say that Payton's playcalling for most of that game yesterday left quite a bit to be desired. Even if Drew's partially to blame for checking out of runs into passes at some point as the HC you need to tell your QB to reign it in. The best runningback on the day though wasn't usually in anyway because we were busy force feeding it to Kamara.

Just seen that Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa is going to be entering the NFL draft following his season ending injury. That's another shout for a Saints 1st round draft pick if his injury causes him to fall far enough for us to go get him.

Some recent coaching changes: Wade Phillips out as Rams DC, Ron Rivera new Redskins HC, Mike McCarthy new Dallas HC, former Patriots Special Teams Coordinator and WR Coach Joe Judge new Giants HC and Matt Rhule, who was a phenomenal college coach at Baylor is the new Panthers HC.

On 06/01/2020 at 14:19, Lee909 said:

Taysom has a arm but I don't see him as the possible long term option from what I've seen. Might be cause I'm used to Brees but he seems the typical big arm QB. But then if you go run first then that's OK. 

Always a bonus 

I wonder if Wade Phillips was just burnt out and wanted to walk away. The Rams defense was not at all their problem, their terrible offensive line, and subsequent horrible play by Goff and Gurley were their problems. I also think a lot of other coaches have figured out McVay's tendencies and inability to adjust when things aren't working.

43 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I wonder if Wade Phillips was just burnt out and wanted to walk away. The Rams defense was not at all their problem, their terrible offensive line, and subsequent horrible play by Goff and Gurley were their problems. I also think a lot of other coaches have figured out McVay's tendencies and inability to adjust when things aren't working.

He liked a tweet that was admonishing the fact he isn't returning so safe to say he was let go. He'll land on his feet, anyway.

I like McVay. I think the personnel on offense, bar the receivers are awful and his creative zone run scheme to set up the pass couldn't work with Gurley having arthritic knees and the O-line being decrepit. Goff basically has him to thank for his big contract, he's a below average QB.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 hours ago, El Diego said:

Go Niners.

Yeah, I want the 49's to win the Superbowl as they have been good to watch this season. Shocked that the Titans dumped the Ravens out, guess the Ravens got ahead of themselves. Nice to see teams still involved who haven't been to a Superbowl in a while. 

49's last SB 2013

Green Bay....2011

Seattle........2015
Tennessee.......2000

Kansas City......1970

Houston...........Still virgins under this Franchise.