You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, ticklemeclemo said:

Thankyou sir

I was a tad concerned when i saw the starting lineups before the games

Another great fantasy season almost done and looking forward to switching to ESPN next year

You're welcome mate. It is what it is, and any given fantasy team can win on the day. You gained two big scores with Jones and the Pats defence which made a huge difference. Good luck in the final, also the same goes to Alex (SnivellingpishWeasels) who also made the final thanks to a superb score from the Viking defence. It has been a good fantasy season and I fully enjoyed my debut. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

You're welcome mate. It is what it is, and any given fantasy team can win on the day. You gained two big scores with Jones and the Pats defence which made a huge difference. Good luck in the final, also the same goes to Alex (SnivellingpishWeasels) who also made the final thanks to a superb score from the Viking defence. It has been a good fantasy season and I fully enjoyed my debut. 

Beers and wings on me next time youre in Adelaide and its not 45 fucking degrees

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, ticklemeclemo said:

Beers and wings on me next time youre in Adelaide and its not 45 fucking degrees

It's 11°C over here in Germany mate, T-shirt weather for this time of the year. 

Who has Josh Gordon?  Time for this fella to pack it in.

• 2012: Rookie season with the Cleveland Browns. Caught 50 passes for 805 yards and five touchdowns.
  • 2013: Suspended two games for violating the league's policy on substances of abuse. Caught 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns, flashing elite potential. 
  • 2014: Suspended 10 games for a failed drug test (marijuana). Catches 24 passes for 307 yards in five games.
  • 2015: Suspended the entire season for violating the league's policy on substances of abuse (alcohol).
  • 2016: Suspended four games. Ultimately missed the entire season after choosing to enter himself into a rehab facility in September. Remains on the NFL's reserve/suspended by commissioner list for the remainder of the season.
  • 2017: Conditionally reinstated by the NFL for the final five games of the season. Catches 18 passes for 335 yards and a touchdown in five games.
  • 2018: After one game with the Browns, catching a 17-yard touchdown pass, Gordon is traded to New England. He appears in 11 games with the Pats, catching 40 passes for 720 yards and three touchdowns. The NFL suspends him indefinitely for violating the league's policy on substances of abuse in December.
  • 2019: Gordon is reinstated by the NFL in August. He goes on injured reserve in late October with a knee injury and doesn't play for the Patriots again after the team waives him from IR. He signs with Seattle before his latest suspension.

Guest Pistonbroke

Interesting last round in the NFL. Glad the Eagles are beating the Cowboys to the division title and getting a play off spot and knocking the Cowboys off their saddle. Titans beat up the Texans to win a PO spot and Henry wins the rushing trophy for the season, rushed for 211 yards tonight scoring 3 TD's in the process. That's some performance. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Nick Chubb is gonna be pissed with Kitchens. Hardly run him today and cost him a rushing title 

Yeah, I was watching the Red Zone and the Titans did the opposite with Henry and you could tell the whole team were playing for him to get that title. 

Tomlin has done a great job with the Steelers this year. He almost made the playoffs with an offense full of third-stringers and no-names. There is 0% chance he gets fired.

By the way, shout out to the Dolphins who were wildly entertaining and competitive in the second half of the season. Great example of a creative, well-coached team who got the most out of an awful roster. 

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

From a family of Steelers fans, most have wanted Tomlin gone for a couple of years now -- they have stagnated under him and Ben is finished.

Time for a new regime.

If I was the GM I'd be tempted to tell him to move on from Ben or we move on fron you. He's a excellent coach, if he hit the market he'd be immediately snapped up imho. Let him rebuild the offense through the draft. Though the issue will be the lack of a number 1 pick. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If I was the GM I'd be tempted to tell him to move on from Ben or we move on fron you. He's a excellent coach, if he hit the market he'd be immediately snapped up imho. Let him rebuild the offense through the draft. Though the issue will be the lack of a number 1 pick. 

His (and his staffs) problem is on the offensive side though so not sure he would be the one to do that. They were blessed these last few years with two individual talents at the top of their game in Brown and Bell that covered up shortcomings. They need a top offensive mind.

The way Roethlisberger's contract is structured there is no way they will bring him back. 

This NFC playoff bracket looks maybe the best in years. 

49ers might have got lucky with the refs handing them the one seed with a bullshit no call that would have put Seattke back on the one with about 20 seconds left. Hopefully the Seahawks might have a few players back if they beat Eagles

But we have

Vikings @ Saints with the winners heading to Green Bay

Seahawks @ Eagles winners going to San Francisco