You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah

Really glad the Saints game was Thursday so I can watch this one

Sorry @Carvalho Diablo got to be cheering on the Rat birds for this one. Possible number 1 seeds on the line.

If we play the 49ers with the same sloppiness and errors that they did the Falcons it won't matter

Fuck you Commish. 

18 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If anyone is into college football the Iron Bowl is just about to start. Alabama vs Auburn. Shame Bama don't have their QB 

Unbelievable game. Alabama shot themselves in the foot all game. I've never seen an ending to a game quite like that. 

Just waiting for the Clemson - Ohio State - LSU playoff games now. Any matchup between those 3 will be another instant classic. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Don't think there was a worse 1st round pick in fantasy this year than me taking Odel Beckham. He's been fucking shite, average around 8ppg. 

Take away that one big 23pt game and its even bloody worse

I took David Johnson.

And JuJu Smith Schuster was my second round pick.

Still had faint play off hopes going into this week against Clems Clams, but totally Browned it up in a shocking performance.  

Guest Pistonbroke
15 hours ago, El Diego said:

The two 49ers defeats have been brutally close.

Yeah, plus Baltimore had home field advantage. If the 49'ers meet the Ravens in the Superbowl in Miami I reckon the 49'ers will win. Baltimore are hitting form with their defence at the right time, but it wasn't that long ago that they were leaking points due to one or two injuries. 49'ers have also had injured players to deal with but seem to have better depth in dealing with it. It'll be an interesting final should it work out that way, especially after a bruising play off schedule that could see the 49'ers having a much easier route to make the Superbowl. Huge game again though next week against the Saints, one which will probably sort out who has home field advantage throughout the NFL side of playoffs. 

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

FFS

Dropped the Ravens defense today as they play the 49ers. Play Caroline playing a terrible Redskins

This seasons been a fucking disaster

Odel Beckham and Devon ta Freeman really can go fuck tbemselves

I had to have a chuckle when I noticed that yesterday, kind of summed up your season. 

Ok

One more week to go befire the fantasy playoffs. Just a quick note that next year I will shift the league from the NFL own league to ESPN. We have had a few issues over the past 3 years from drafts stalling mid draft, drafts not setting correctly and having to be redone. This year's scoring fuck up and the leagues 'help email' being dismisive and fucking useless. 

I've used ESPN in the past and it's a piece of piss to use. I'll let everyone know the details and confirm who's in etc early(around July) to set up the draft at the normal late August. Everything else will stay the same in terms of scoring and rosters etc. 

If there is anyone interests in a revamp of the dynasty league I'll get that up and running again

Guest Pistonbroke
11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Ok

One more week to go befire the fantasy playoffs. Just a quick note that next year I will shift the league from the NFL own league to ESPN. We have had a few issues over the past 3 years from drafts stalling mid draft, drafts not setting correctly and having to be redone. This year's scoring fuck up and the leagues 'help email' being dismisive and fucking useless. 

I've used ESPN in the past and it's a piece of piss to use. I'll let everyone know the details and confirm who's in etc early(around July) to set up the draft at the normal late August. Everything else will stay the same in terms of scoring and rosters etc. 

If there is anyone interests in a revamp of the dynasty league I'll get that up and running again

I'll definitely be up for playing again next season. 

20 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

The Chiefs are totally fucking this up against the Patriots.

Punt blocked leading to a touchdown, fumble when driving for a game sealing score.  The jammy twats will win now for sure.

The officiating in this was as bad as I have ever seen. Ansolutely unreal bad. 

10 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

The officiating in this was as bad as I have ever seen. Ansolutely unreal bad. 

It's nice to see a decision go against the Patriots for once though even though they were terrible calls. The NFL has refereeing standards that easily rivals the Premiership. 

There's a desperate need for a sky judge in the NFL. Refs can't keep messing up this badly. It's not like people will stop watching but it creates awful press. It's small time for the richest sports league in the world to have such problems. 

On another note I think a Ravens - 49ers Superbowl is pretty much nailed on. Both those teams showed things this week that bode well.

Ravens were a bit mediocre on offense but the defense turned ferocious. Conversely, the 9ers defense laid an egg but Jimmy G and the offense stepped up big time. On a neutral field, when Kittle and Sanders are healthy, I think they're pretty much unbeatable.

Far from unbeatable 

The centre of the defensive line is soft. Murray was gnashing them for 9.9 yards a carry. Why Payton didn't use him more is a mystery. They are a great offense but that was a Saints team with there 5th choice LB as the Mike and Anthony brought in off the street two weeks ago. 

A back up LG and a LT who could barely move and back in a walking boot as soon as the game ended. 

The Seahawks wouldn't be stupid enough to not run at the li e and wear it down. 

The NFC can be won by any team on the right day. 

I think when they're fully healthy San Fran are the most complete team by a decent margin. They've outgained the Ravens and Saints in consecutive weeks on the road. They should have home field throughout the playoffs now too. Maybe you can run on them, but you can run on anybody in the NFL on any given day these days. It's a pass defense first league.

As long as they don't get gashed by the Falcons or the Rams with their crappy O-line, there's nothing to worry about. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Said pages back that the 49'ers and Ravens could easily meet in the SB. OK, doesn't take a rocket science to work out that they are the most consistent teams in their divisions. The 49'ers have had to face some injury list the second half of the season, they have some depth though and players coming back at the right time. The Ravens defence has gotten better but they are a bit hit and miss at times and if Jackson doesn't fire they will struggle against the better teams. You can never write off the Pats though, plus the Chiefs hitting a bit of nice form. The Seahawks and Saints have a chance of upsetting the 49'ers along the way. 

In all honesty, we are looking at the best Play Offs SB match ups in quite some time. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Congratulations to Clems Clams (Nathan) on beating me to reach the TLW Superbowl.

My big game players choose the same weekend in a KO game to all play shite. 

Well done to everyone who has taken part. One week left for those in the winners and consolation playoff brackets. In a surprise the underdogs have won in all 4 games in the playoff Brackets 

The irony that Woo may well end the season as Champion by riding Ben's coat tails. 

19 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Congratulations to Clems Clams (Nathan) on beating me to reach the TLW Superbowl.

My big game players choose the same weekend in a KO game to all play shite. 

Thankyou sir

I was a tad concerned when i saw the starting lineups before the games

Another great fantasy season almost done and looking forward to switching to ESPN next year

• Upvote 1