You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I'm going to lose this week to Piston and his shit New York Giant fill ins having the game of their fantasy lives whilst losing in real life to the Jets.

At least me and 3 Stacks were right about Lamar Jackson.

On 27/04/2018 at 08:26, 3 Stacks said:

You want Mayfield? He looks like the worst prospect out of the bunch, Imo. Not convinced by Darnold either. I think Lamar Jackson will be a star and better than both, but he's not projected to go that high for some reason. Realistically, I'd go Barkley at 1 and Rosen or Allen at 4 if I was Cleveland because the Giants might want Barkley at 2. 

On 27/04/2018 at 09:42, Jose Jones said:

I'm with you on Lamar Jackson. It's like the NFL hasn't learned from Deshaun Watson last year - mainly because they're a big bunch of racists and just want white guys at QB.

Mayfield is like Drew Brees crossed with Johnny Manziel.

Guest Pistonbroke

Well I had a shit load out injured or on a bye week so had to do something without getting rid of my better players. Jones in at QB was a no brainer for me as the Jets defence are shite, who cares if they beat the Giants, Jones was always in with a chance of scoring heavy. I only had one other Giants player filling in, WR Slayton. If you had followed his progress he was starting to come good the last few weeks, plus again, he was up against a shit defence and was always gonna see a lot of snaps from Jones. When you have so many out injured or on a bye week you just have to look up which free agents are playing where and the oppositions weaknesses. ATEOTD it all involves a bit of luck with fringe/lesser players. 

Apart from that you could still win if Coleman has another game like he had against Carolina. Your TE may be missing though, so you'll need it to be a very high scoring game as I have the 49'ers defence. I have Coleman in the other league I'm in, although it looks like I'm going 6-4 in that one as I'd need Coleman and Carson from Seattle to get about 69 points between them, not gonna happen. 

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can't believe I'm going to lose this week to Piston and his shit New York Giant fill ins having the game of their fantasy lives whilst losing in real life to the Jets.

At least me and 3 Stacks were right about Lamar Jackson.

I also said I'd take Rosen or Allen if I were the Browns so.. not so good, although they had to take a QB. That being said, I thought Jackson and Watson were by far the best QB's in that 2 year stretch. It's still early for those guys but all of Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen and Allen had/have pretty obvious weaknesses. I don't think anybody predicted Mahomes would be this good. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 01:44, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mayfield had the best stats of any rookie QB in the history of football. Denzil Ward went to the Pro Bowl in his rookie season, and Nick Chubb is fucking awesome.

Jackson will be snapped in half in no time at all.

Baker has a terrible coach and his offensive line is a bit below average, but he's got all the talent in the world around him. He looks awful on any play that breaks down. He has zero ability to improvise. I'd be worried if I were you. The Browns have a good roster but Kitchens needs to go yesterday.

Jackson is a serious MVP candidate and barely takes any big hits. He's a special player.

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Baker has a terrible coach and his offensive line is a bit below average, but he's got all the talent in the world around him. He looks awful on any play that breaks down. He has zero ability to improvise. I'd be worried if I were you. The Browns have a good roster but Kitchens needs to go yesterday.

Jackson is a serious MVP candidate and barely takes any big hits. He's a special player.

Rat bird stooge.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's hard to compare anyone to Lamar because there's never been a runner like him at the quarterback position, but I would agree they are similarly hard to defend, for different reasons.

True. 

Watson is holding the Texans together this season though.  When he gets rolling they find ways to win. 

I'd rate QB's:

1. Mahomes

2. Wilson

3. Rodgers

4. Jackson

5. Watson

6. Brady

7. Brees

8. Stafford

9. Ryan/Rivers. They're basically the same person with the same achievements.

10. Dak

But it's very close between 3 and 5. Brady is kind of a wild card at this point because he looks old but you'll never know when he'll turn it on. Brees too.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'd rate QB's:

1. Mahomes

2. Wilson

3. Rodgers

4. Jackson

5. Watson

6. Brady

7. Brees

8. Stafford

9. Ryan/Rivers. They're basically the same person with the same achievements.

10. Dak

But it's very close between 3 and 5. Brady is kind of a wild card at this point because he looks old but you'll never know when he'll turn it on. Brees too.

I agree to a certain extent. Going on this seasons form you'd have to have Prescott from the Cowboys in there. Plus if Stafford is in there as a somewhat oldie QB then that Wilson from Seattle is having a good season. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree to a certain extent. Going on this seasons form you'd have to have Prescott from the Cowboys in there. Plus if Stafford is in there as a somewhat oldie QB then that Wilson from Seattle is having a good season. 

I have Prescott at 10 and Wilson at 2.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I have Prescott at 10 and Wilson at 2.

I need to make a new appointment at Specsavers for Wilson. I honestly didn't know who DAK referred to.