You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I notice I've also been shafted by the draft order!

I'm kind of mid draft, gonna be a lot of players I have earmarked gone by then. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I had a list made up of players, well a list I found on the web.........A few worked out well, others were snatched away just before my pick, you utter bastards. 

Taken a few late risks

See if they pay off by mid season. 

AJ Green likely to miss a few games as he's still in a walking boot. 

Golden Tate 4 game suspension 

Josh Gordon, well just being Josh Gordon. 

Miles Sanders

Who knows who's winning that job between him amd Howard

If any work though especially Green or Gordon ill have a tier 1 WR and Lockett can fight it out as the flex with AP

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

2 at least, poss 3. How did you pick again and I'll tell you who I was poised to draft 1 position later.

You took a few I had lined up as well, we always seemed 1 before or after each other.

My picks: Might have been in a slightly different order as the live draft results have gone. 

Gurley RB

Conner RB

Thielen WR

Boyd WR

Engram TE

Watson QB

Ekeler RWT (RB)

Barber RB

Jeffrey WR

Sanu WR

Lutz K

Ravens DEF

Winston QB

Burton TE

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I really wanted Lockett too and would also taken a punt on Josh Gordon in a late round.

I'm over the moon that JJ Arcega-Whiteside fell to me, gonna be a touchdown machine that kid and got some good depth at the skill positions.

Wasn't arsed with a kicker.

Never arsed with K or Def these days. Rather play them week to week

QB

Newton(Panthers) 

RB

Cook(vikes) 

Freeman(clowns) 

Murray(Saints) 

Sanders(Eagles) 

Peterson(Skins) 

WR

Odel Beckham(Brown's) 

Lockett(Seahawks) 

AJ Green(Bungles) 

Tate(Giants) 

Gordon(Pats) 

TE

Ebron(Colts) 

Cowboys

Fairbairn Texans

Guest Pistonbroke

OK, with team names........I kind of wanted a wide spread team wise.

Quick question as I've never done FF before. Can one swap players mid season, as in when your only kicker/defence has a bye?

Gurley RB/ LA

Conner RB/ PIT

Thielen WR/ MIN

Boyd WR/ CIN

Engram TE/ NYG

Watson QB/ HOU

Ekeler RWT (RB) / LAC

Barber RB/ TB

Jeffrey WR/ PHI

Sanu WR/ ATL

Lutz K/ NO

Ravens DEF/ Ravens

Winston QB/ TB

Burton TE/ CHI

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

You can put in waivers each week

Worst team gets first pick. 

You can also offer trades with other players. Don't think we have had a trade in years mind

Cheers mate, I thought so. I'm quite happy to trade one of my lesser Wide Receivers for DeAndre Hopkins......hahaha. 

Good thing with waivers each week. You can bet your arse that one of my players will pick up a bad injury the first round of games. 

Guest Pistonbroke

ANCHORED BY AN AMAZING GROUP OF RBS, BIELEFELD BUZZARDS COULD BATTLE FOR THE LEAGUE TITLE

• Draft GradeA
  • Proj Record9-5
  • Proj Finish3

DRAFT SUMMARY

Picking sixth overall in the first round, Bielefeld Buzzards had a great draft-day performance. With four running backs on the roster, they have quality and quantity at that spot. Their ball-carriers are projected to average 171.57 points this season, more than the league average of 145.94. Elsewhere on the roster, Bielefeld Buzzards was able to secure the best pair of quarterbacks in the league.

• According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Austin Ekeler in the 7th round (78th overall pick versus an ADP of 113.0 across all NFL.com leagues).
  • Bielefeld Buzzards adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (Todd Gurley and James Conner).
  • Hunting for deals throughout the draft, three ADP-based steals were acquired (Deshaun Watson, the Ravens Defense, and Wil Lutz).

I love the recap of the draft

Last year I got a C minus and won the league

This year im clearly fucked

In Spite of Some Early-Round Reaches, clems clams Wants to Contend for the League Title

• Draft Grade A
  • Proj Record 10-4
  • Proj Finish 2

Draft Summary

Although they selected 10th overall, clems clams came through with a good performance on draft day. They added some running backs early, using three of their first four picks on ball-carriers. At another spot in the lineup, clems clams was able to land one of the most prolific tandems of quarterbacks in the league.

• The other league managers may have passed over a diamond in the rough, as Tom Brady dropped to the 130th overall pick versus an ADP of 107.7.
  • In the 7th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Dede Westbrook was selected at pick number 82 versus an ADP of 126.8 across all NFL.com leagues.
  • James White can hurt opponents with his hands as well as his feet. He ranks fifth among RBs in projected receiving yards with 586.

Yeah, I reckon the years I've had shit predictions I've done well.  Mid table mediocrity for me this time then.

WITH SOME CRAFTY DRAFTING, STOCKTON STRANGLERS EXPECTS TO FACTOR HEAVILY INTO THE PLAYOFF PICTURE

• Draft Grade B
  • Proj Record 8-6
  • Proj Finish 5

DRAFT SUMMARY

Stockton Stranglers will be a team with upside this season. Drafting fourth overall, they assembled a roster with playoff potential. Loading up elsewhere, they held back on picking a quarterback until the 11th round. Elsewhere on the roster, Stockton Stranglers was able to secure a trio of running backs with plenty of room to grow.

• According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Tevin Coleman in the 7th round (76th overall pick versus an ADP of 98.7 across all NFL.com leagues).
  • Kenny Golladay may have been a steal in the 6th round, with an overall pick of 69th compared to an ADP of 45.0).
  • Stockton Stranglers had a strong finish, accumulating the most projected points in the league over the second half of the draft.

Guest Pistonbroke

Is that 'Guru' to be trusted?

Telling me to slot in a TE at R/W/T instead of a RB I have there. Despite the projected scores being better for the RB.