You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

• 2 weeks later...

Got sick of refreshing twitter to see if the Captain Marvel trailer had been shown, so I thought fuck this, time to get a stream on. I remember years back thinking the Redskins were cool so after the break finished and just before play was about to start I went "Come on Redskins", half jokingly, and the game kicks off and a Redskins player goes and does a fucking 90 yard touchdown! I was properly laughing, couldn't believe it.

...and then another break started. How many adverts do you see if you sit through a full game? About 2000? Absolute madness. Show the fucking trailer already!

edit :

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The redskins are cunts

Offensive name

Signing woman beaters

And the guy that went 90 yards likes to beat his children with a belt 

Wow, you just totally killed my buzz with that. Just looked at Peterson's wiki page to see what you meant with the last bit, that's really fucked up.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And he admitted the other week he still does it. 

He's clearly off his fucking rocker. Great touchdown, but seriously needs his head testing and I hope his kid manages to deal with whatever trauma he's gonna have from putting up with that shit if he ends up affected badly by it.

Have got the trailer I was waiting for anyway and have since bailed from watching the game! Was just reading about the Redskin's name issue too. Hope that gets sorted out somehow in the near future, although I can imagine the owners of the team being as boneheaded and ignorant for as long as they possibly can if it does eventually happen.

Yeah think your both in now,also Clams are in. One spot left as top 4 make the championship bracket. 

Was getting a little worried in mine that Wentz might pull off the points needed as I probably needed to win both games. By my points score I should be easy in but screwed by playing so many others putting up big scores. It's nuts really as there's nothing you can do about your opponents score and so easy to lose while putting up numbers that would win you just about any other game

From what I can figure out quickly

The Whalers need both Cows and Kings to lose and them to win to progress. 

If Cows finish level on wins with either Whalers or King's The Cows progress as they've won the head to head games. 

Do the top 8 go through to the play offs?

As it stands I've got a game in week 15 but an imminent loss against Phil Simms Kings next up, they beat me in week 8 by 1.4 points after the Patriots D scoring 21.5 points on the Monday night. But I'm totally over that. Totally.

• Upvote 1

OK so everyone is aware. 

Next year will be a reduction in teams. Once the season is over and reactived for next season both Panda and Steamers will be booted for taking no part. It will be a 10 team league next year so the waiver wire might actually be worth a look. 

Also if anyone interested in a new dynasty league I can set that up. 

Who wanted want Derrick Henry tonight. 

200+ yards and 4 TDs for over 45 points. Sadly sitting on the bench for team not talking part

• Upvote 1

Well good luck to all who made the playoff for the big prize. Happy to be plus  .500...

The kings just didn't get the rub this year... looking at you Kareem hunt.  Couldn't really have done much more. Think I had the most points scored against out of anyone in the top 6.

Yeah it was very close run thing for a few people around the playoff race. Not seen it so close for a while, even those in the 1 and 2 seeds only had a game or two over most the pack. Pretty good year. How the fuck Woo team nearly made it without anyone in control is nuts.  You where deffo on the short end of the against scores, a week or so back i thought that was going to fuck me over, and Hunt going out late really did screw you. I think it could screw me in the playoffs too as that Chiefs offense is spluttering. 

Playoffs

(1)Bad News Bears vs. South Park Cows(4)

(2)Stockton Stranglers vs. clems clams(3)

Consolation bracket

(1)Phil Simms Kings vs. Lebowski Urban Achievers(4)

(2)Wetherby Whalers vs. Old Swan Pandas(3)

Congratulations to Dave for winning the Regular Season 

And er Myself for being the top scoring team

Terrible managerial decisions doomed my Stranglers this week.

I dropped my kicker Jake Elliot who scored 13.5 points and replaced him with the Giants kicker who proceeded to get a big fat 0.

I made a smart move in picking up Damien Williams who scored 24.30 but then a dumb move in leaving in him on the bench while Aaron Jones contributed a massive 0.80.

Congrats to the Clams on getting through to the TLW SuperBowl.

Oh, that hurts a bit more

I couldn't really make many choices, had to start Miller who was hot the past few weeks and him going down killed me. Had Breida started i squeak through. Lack of TDs cost me. 

Maholmes gets judged to have gone over on his TD run and Chargers not risked everything for 2 and im probably good. Gronk was the big mistake in the draft for me, he was fucking useless all year.