You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Back in the 80's and early 90's we used to spend Sunday nights having snacks for tea and watching American Football. My dad was a Bears fan, had Bears sweatshirts, loved the Fridge.

As kids we rolled with it, it was a novelty not eating tea at the table and chilling with my parents "watching" the footy. We literally had no interest but claimed we were Bears fans.

20 years later...

Said to my dad today in jest after we'd loaded his car with about a half a ton of bricks on the way to the local tip... "Your Bears beat my Hawks on Monday"

Hits me back with "Yeah Mack owned your boys. Heard the Browns won too"

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Crazy league this year, Detroit batter NE, Bills batter Vikes. 

Rams look the part. 

Never would have picked the Bills, but Matt Patricia obviously knows all the Patriot plays.  

Luckily I didn't need Tom Brady to be any good to squeak past the Cows.

Dolphins and Stranglers both a surprising 3-0.

9 hours ago, DJLJ said:

I guess this first half has said it all. 3 INT’s and 1 deflected onto the Steelers and one lost by the bucs. As bad as almost possible. 

As for the roughing the passer calls. Hmmmm...

That’s misleading though as for two of those interceptions he found the man. 

They caught it & then lost it. 

7 hours ago, LF:D said:

That’s misleading though as for two of those interceptions he found the man. 

They caught it & then lost it. 

https://620wdae.iheart.com/content/2018-09-24-too-many-tampa-bay-turnovers-not-enough-fitzmagic/

Trailing 9-7, the Bucs got a completion from Fitzpatrick to wide receiver Chris Godwin, but Godwin fumbled on the play, giving the Steelers the ball on the Bucs 35 yard line.

Bur after getting into the redzone, a pass by Fitzpatrick that was intended for wide receiver DeSean Jackson was battered in the air & intercepted by Steelers cornerback Mike Hilton.  

But after getting the ball back, Fitzpatrick overthrew Evans & this pass was picked off by safety Terrell Edmunds. 

Unfortunately for the Bucs, the next play after the punt, with Tampa Bay starting at their own two, Fitzpatrick was picked off by Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree, who returned it 10 yards for the pick six.

I was talking about the last 3 plays listed above. The one that was battered and intercepted and the 2 wrong passes. None of those were caught.

That his whole career in a nutshell

Looks good then looks terrible

He will never be more than a low end starter,very good back up

Anyway in real QB news

Drew Brees is now the altime leader in completions and within 430 yards of being the alltime yardage leader and 44 TDs from that record too

Look at this, Cohen is signalling a TD as ball is only just leaving Trubisky's hands. Love that, it's because they've been running bubble screens from that formation all season, but this was a fake and as soon as the Bucs bit on it and went to cover Cohen, he knew Bellamy was wide open down the sideline.

He'd have looked a bit stupid if Trubisky had missed the throw like.  Image-1.png