You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Mentioned it earlier that it would need a very big step up from Amendola to compensate for Edelman going down. Add to that Gronk going down with a concussion and he really did step up so far. 

I haven't been Amendola's biggest fan, but he has really stepped up so far this year.

I wasn't actually being sarcastic.

Jags versus Eagles or Vikings in the Super Bowl and I wouldn't have cared so much.

Now though I'll be wanting the NFC champ to tonk the Patriots.

It's not so bad to have an evil empire to root against. When the alternative is the Jaguars.

Apologies then.

The problem is, you know what's going to happen, don't you?

The pre-game coverage will wank themselves silly about the Patriots, the game will finally come around after what seems like an eternity, and then the Patriots will win.

I wasn't actually being sarcastic.

Jags versus Eagles or Vikings in the Super Bowl and I wouldn't have cared so much.

Now though I'll be wanting the NFC champ to tonk the Patriots.

It's not so bad to have an evil empire to root against. When the alternative is the Jaguars.

Yeah, you can bet the TV wonks were super excited about a potential Jax - Philly matchup. Not even something I would watch on a Monday night tbh.

Hand Shandy, on 22 Jan 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Apologies then.

The problem is, you know what's going to happen, don't you?

The pre-game coverage will wank themselves silly about the Patriots, the game will finally come around after what seems like an eternity, and then the Patriots will win.

Probably. But the Jags are pretty crap and they nearly beat the Pats. i think the Vikings at home would have a decent chance.

Eagles with Foles, maybe not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Your boys tried to get Smith too from what i have read.

Surely you have to be going full in 30ml a year at Cousins now. With 49ers and Washington now getting there franchise QB gives you a bit of a run at him. Though could see Arizona trying if they cut Palmer though as that opens them up from 8ml cap to 22 without doing much. Got to try front loading a deal and blowing them out the water surely. if not i guess Bradford or bridgewater

Clarence, on 31 Jan 2018 - 8:06 PM, said:

Your boys tried to get Smith too from what i have read.

Surely you have to be going full in 30ml a year at Cousins now. With 49ers and Washington now getting there franchise QB gives you a bit of a run at him. Though could see Arizona trying if they cut Palmer though as that opens them up from 8ml cap to 22 without doing much. Got to try front loading a deal and blowing them out the water surely. if not i guess Bradford or bridgewater

Surely Cleveland will just pick whichever of the quarterbacks is going to be a bust in the draft at 1 or 4?