You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Not even 24 hours into the offseason and it starts

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Sources tell Action News that two off-duty Philadelphia police officers were assaulted by former Eagles player LeSean McCoy.

Both officers were hospitalized as a result of the incident.

It happened around 2:30 a.m. Sunday at the Recess Lounge located at 125 South 2nd Street in Old City.

It was there that McCoy, and a friend, were involved in a physical altercation with the two officers, sources said.

Sources also say that while McCoy and his friend were not arrested, they are the focus of the investigation.

A police report was made at the time the incident took place, those sources added.

Action News has reached out to McCoy's agent for comment.

McCoy now plays for the Buffalo Bills

Guest Pistonbroke

The cop has a fractured skull and theres video.

Got to be a multi game suspensiom minimum

It would be hard to play from a prison cell anyway. Guessing some institution is going to get a new "Mr Big." 

Well put him back in his box with the Falcons next year

A couple of good FA and decent draft and our young defense will make the steps it needs too. We had the most rookie snaps on defense last year. Browner has been binned snd Keenan Lewis will be back. Lewis and Breaux is a massive step up at CB,our two rookies in Swann snd Williams will be fit. Kikaha and Anthony will have a seadon under there belt. Get some beef in at DT and another pass rusher and the Saints D gets back in the top 10-20 and with the offense thats all we need to compete in the playoffs

Maybe the Milton Keynes Raiders.

Or Mexico City Banditos.

Think its odds on the Jaguars end up being a London team.

I enjoy it being an American sport and would rather the teams stay over there, but i suppose they are all chasing the cash as usual.

At least the superbowl winners will be more entitled to call themselves World Champs.

Think its odds on the Jaguars end up being a London team.

I enjoy it being an American sport and would rather the teams stay over there, but i suppose they are all chasing the cash as usual.

At least the superbowl winners will be more entitled to call themselves World Champs.

Reckon that is that fellows plan, Khan is it?

That and bring back the MJ statue....

• Upvote 1

Maybe Manning not the wholesome southern boy he's been portrayed as

Peyton Manning Sexual Assault Cover-Up Alleged in New York Daily News Report

Feb 13, 2016

Just one week after Peyton Manning triumphed in Super Bowl 50, the Denver Broncos quarterback's reputation has been called into question due to his alleged involvement in a sexual assault during his time at the University of Tennessee.

According to Shaun King of the New York Daily News, in court documents from 2003 that were recently obtained, it was alleged that in 1996, Manning sexually assaulted Dr. Jamie Naughright, who was serving as the associate athletic trainer for the Volunteers football program.

Per the document, which was drafted by Naughright's lawyer, when Naughright was examining Manning's foot for a potential stress fracture, he allegedly "forcefully maneuvered his naked testicles and rectum directly on her face with his penis on top of her head." She later reported the incident to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Manning reportedly denied the incident, while Naughright's superior and athletic trainer Mike Rollo said it was an accident that occurred when Manning mooned teammate Malcolm Saxon.

Saxon denied that explanation and claimed that he lost his eligibility at Tennessee for not going along with the story in a letter sent to Manning, according to King:

First, I have stuck to my same story throughout this drama. I told Mike Rollo the next day and Coach [Phillip] Fulmer a week or two afterwards. I had nothing to hide at that point and I have nothing to hide today. I have never been on Jamie's side or on your side [contrary to what the athletic department was telling you and telling her]. I stuck to the truth and I lost my eligibility for it. My redshirt request sat on Mike Rollo's desk for months as the process was going forward. I'm not angry about it anymore, just getting a little tired of it!!

Peyton, you messed up. I still don't know why you dropped your drawers. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe not. But it was definitely inappropriate. Please take some personal responsibility here and own up to what you did. I never understood why you didn't admit to it.

Naughright left the University of Tennessee soon after. She and Manning reportedly agreed to not discuss the alleged incident publicly as part of a settlement.

She later took a job at Florida Southern College, but on May 16, 2001, she received transcripts from a book written by Manning and his father, Archie Manning, titled Manning, in which disparaging things were written about her.

This led to her losing her job at Florida Southern College and also prompted her to file a defamation lawsuit.

Per King, Peyton Manning accused Naughright of regularly using vulgar language, which is something several Tennessee football players and colleagues of Naughright's denied.

Also, Manning ghostwriter John Underwood said under oath that Archie Manning suggested to him that "Naughright was going into the dorms and having sex with large numbers of black student-athletes," which was also never substantiated.

The lawsuit was settled for an undisclosed amount in 2003, according to King.

While both Mel Antonen and Christine Brennan wrote stories about the documents for USA Today in 2003, per King, many within the media were recently unaware of the allegations, including ESPN.com's Sarah Spain:

The details come to light during a time when Manning's NFL future is up in the air. Most expect the 39-year-old to retire, but he has been noncommittal, as he was on the Today Show (h/t WTHR 13):

Whatever the decision is, I have real peace about it. I'm going to enjoy this Super Bowl victory and celebrate with my family and friends. I'll keep doing it for a few more weeks, and then at the appropriate time, I think I'll make a decision. I have to tell you, though, I'm very much at peace with it.

Manning also recently dealt with accusations that he received human growth hormone from the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis while rehabbing his neck injury in 2011.

Manning has denied the allegations, per ESPN.com.

• 4 weeks later...

Least surprising news ever. Manziel has been waived by the Browns.

I thought they might have kept him until the NFL suspended him. Then they possibly could have either saved or gotten back some money

It's nailed on that he'll get a chance with Dallas. Jerry will be all over this like a college girl in a nightclub bathroom

Unless the Pats knew they wouldn't be able to afford to retain Jones after his rookie deal expires I don't get that at all, but good news for the rest of the AFC, that's for sure.

Ravens been surprisingly busy and aggressive this week. Watson, Weddle and Wallace all very experienced, if a little long in the tooth, but make us a much better team - particularly the latter two; lack of capable safety on the back end to prevent big plays and a vertical threat to stretch the passing game were arguably our two biggest weaknesses last year. Still need some pass rush help, reinforcements for the left side of the o-line and another talented corner, but not a bad start.

Unless the Pats knew they wouldn't be able to afford to retain Jones after his rookie deal expires I don't get that at all, but good news for the rest of the AFC, that's for sure.

Ravens been surprisingly busy and aggressive this week. Watson, Weddle and Wallace all very experienced, if a little long in the tooth, but make us a much better team - particularly the latter two; lack of capable safety on the back end to prevent big plays and a vertical threat to stretch the passing game were arguably our two biggest weaknesses last year. Still need some pass rush help, reinforcements for the left side of the o-line and another talented corner, but not a bad start.

Looks like they saw Hightower, Collins and Butler as higher priorities for contracts, I think Ninkovich, Sheard and Vollmer are also due contracts next season.

Combine that with the drug issues, the hot and cold production and the 52 million guaranteed (85 million overall) contract that Olivier Vernon got with the giants they probably thought it was better to get a second round pick and a player they had highly rated in the 2013 draft than the 3rd round compensatory pick they'd have got next year.

Wallace is done. He's had nothing the last two years, and he's another year older now. He's still quick (enough) but that's about it

Probably all he needs to be.

Could be the shortest playbook in NFL history, 1 page with 'Go Route' written on it, and Flacco hurling it to him every so often.