You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Well played to Jules in our game. Just weren't meant to be. At least I have a one game cushion and remain too of Division two.

As for my black and gold boys, I don't think I've seen the offense play this bad all season. Not bad as such, we struggled to get rhythm on the ground, and when Ben goes out to win you games, it always leads to linebackers putting him on his arse. Now his shoulders done in.

I still think we can make the playoffs if we drop the two games against Baltimore. Our D looks like its finally ballin' even with Polamalu still to come back which will give us an enormous boost and Laurence Timmons playing out of his beautiful, ebony skin.

Finally, to sum up, Carvalho can keep Rodgers. I only went to trade RG3 for Rodgers so that he can get a bit of excitement from 30 yard touchdown runs from Griffin from perfectly executed bootleg play action plays. After all, he's went from getting his arse handed to him in the playoff final two years ago, to winning about 2 games this season.

I give you, Carvalho. The 2010 Division 2 champions, TLW Fantasy football winners and most storied franchise in TLW Fantasy history, the Cleveland Steamers.

3 wins.

Oh yeh, The Mighty Cripplers rapidly on the comeback trail. Look out world.

Very magnanimous of Mick in defeat there. I won't pretend that I didn't get lucky, with the weather in two games proving crucial to me getting a result in the Bears and Chiefs games. I was planning on making a trade move for Rothlisberger with Campioni but that's gone up in smoke now. Good luck on the one hand with him getting injured but bad luck overall for my plans.

This is the only ff league of mine that I don't have a winning record in, and that's down to Mojo and Hernandez spending most of the season injured. Lost five on the bounce, this week it was down to me not playing Greg Olsen and the Fins D getting shredded by the Titans. THE FUCKING TITANS!

Didn't help you last night that Bowe had a 20 yard TD chalked off for a bit of a harsh holding call.

Yeah, but for some reason I wasn't as angry about that as I should have been. I expected Mike Wallace to outscore Bowe, but definitely expected more from Welker, Jennings and the Fins D than I got.

The Violent Phlegms are hanging in there with a .500 record, with a bit of a shock victory over The Lads this week. The likes of Heyward-Bey, Titus Young, Shane Vereen coming out on top against Nicks, Decker, McCoy, Ryan et al...

If we had everybody healthy we'd be a challenger, I'm sure of it.

I know you might be sick of Cutler at this stage, Dave, but c'mon!

Cutler - starting QB, 96 fantasy points. Uncertain to play Week 11 but still a chance.

Meachem - 4th receiving option at best for the Chargers, 31 points (majority of that in one game against his old team). Lost his job to Danario Alexander. Played 8 snaps last weekend. You dropped him to waivers a little over a week ago, and he's only got 8 yards since.

That's a trade that should be evened up to make it fair.

I don't want to veto (especially as I'm playing the Bad News Bears this week) but I'm going to have to.

And any trades that aren't reasonably equitable from now on will get vetoed.

Hang on, with that I'm doing Dave a favour and he's doing me a favour. He's cutting Cutler loose for nothing and I only want him for back up. Instead of Dave having to do battle with WRs on the waiver wire, I'm giving him a player who might have a big game every one in five.

You're shafting the league leaders and it stinks. My waiver priority is actively hampering me from bringing a QB to play back up to Bradford. What if Bradford gets injured this week? Then I'm left with Blaine Gabbert going into the playoffs.

You're screwing the successful team and the struggling team just to appear fair. Ratify the trade.

Hang on, with that I'm doing Dave a favour and he's doing me a favour. He's cutting Cutler loose for nothing and I only want him for back up. Instead of Dave having to do battle with WRs on the waiver wire, I'm giving him a player who might have a big game every one in five.

You're shafting the league leaders and it stinks. My waiver priority is actively hampering me from bringing a QB to play back up to Bradford. What if Bradford gets injured this week? Then I'm left with Blaine Gabbert going into the playoffs.

You're screwing the successful team and the struggling team just to appear fair. Ratify the trade.

I don’t appreciate accusations of screwing any team over. There are other teams in the league besides yours. The point of anyone being ‘commissioner’ is to try and maintain the integrity of the league, ie, to try and make sure that trades are relatively fair. There’s obviously a subjective element to that. However, I don’t see how a starting QB for a guy who can’t get on the field and who has scored only 12 points in 9 games (besides NO) is a fair trade.

Whether you’re doing each other a favour or not, it should surely be a reasonably even trade.

This is the only ff league of mine that I don't have a winning record in, and that's down to Mojo and Hernandez spending most of the season injured. Lost five on the bounce, this week it was down to me not playing Greg Olsen and the Fins D getting shredded by the Titans. THE FUCKING TITANS!

Stop crying it in, I didn't even pick my team and I'm at .500.

Nah man, Meachem is taking the piss - as someone who owns San Diego's top receiver and tight end, I know these things.

Jacoby Jones or Andre Johnson from your team would be a fairer deal.

Or I can trade you Russell Wilson for Marshawn Lynch...

Nah man, Meachem is taking the piss - as someone who owns San Diego's top receiver and tight end, I know these things.

Jacoby Jones or Andre Johnson from your team would be a fairer deal.

Or I can trade you Russell Wilson for Marshawn Lynch...

I'll just wait and pick him up on waivers. For free. With no player in return. As somehow people think that's better. Getting fuck all for a player rather than trade bait.

Truth be told I don't really care, I'm just breaking balls. If it was anyone reliable then the trade would stink to high heaven, it is Jay Cutler though and he is playing awful at the moment. I don't know why anyone would care unless they want to stock pile players to prevent others from getting them.