You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

I have set up a TLW league on NFL.com i want as many people as we can get to join, think we need about 12 people before it starts, the draft will be automatic and will take place in 2 days.

League Name: TLW Forumites

Password: tlw (lower case)

Get registering and hopefully we fill the league with the required 12 players.

NFL Events: Fantasy

My thoughts exactly, i am hoping many NFL fans come out of the woodwork for this one.

i'm just learning this all now for the first time, but you chose an automated draft, which means everyone has to rank their player choices before the draft and are chosen automatically in order of preference/position.

i can understand the logistical difficulties in a live draft, but the automated one sounds a bit dull and requires a bit of pre-draft work (unless you want the computer to rank/select for you).

Oh right, that does sound gay. First time doing one of these so i picked the given options but feel free to set one up yourself because you know more about the draft and stuff than me and then we will (which is me, so far) join your league.

Oh right, that does sound gay. First time doing one of these so i picked the given options but feel free to set one up yourself because you know more about the draft and stuff than me and then we will (which is me, so far) join your league.

no, no - i admire your initiative. i don't know anything about it either.

i did walk through the ranking process and it's not that difficult. once you create your team, you'll see a message in the top right corner to rank your players. on the next page, choose the 'expert rankings' if you want to make your own decisions about players. if you don't want to, then choose one of the other two automatic rankings (this requires no brain power or skill = boring).

so, if you choose the expert rankings, then choose to rank them 'by position'. you'll then get a smaller pop-up where you can move players up and down the list in your order of preference. you don't need to go through the entire list, just the top 20 or so, since our league will be small-ish.

save your rankings by position and you are good to go for the automatic draft