You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where's code?

dennis tooth

I know a few Villa fans, one a season ticket holder, things Young is good but his cunt of a manager and the media have blown his reputation out of proportion.

Something along the lines of as good as Ronaldo wasn't it mad Martin eh. My mate has a season ticket there and his version of how they tend to play is quite crude. They kick the ball hard upfield and the fast players chase it, Young and Agbonlhor like in the school playground. If that fails hope for set pieces as 99% of training is dedicated to this and the bastards beat us. Also Heskey is boss in the air their best defender but falls if he gets near the box with his size 6 feet and thats why he topples over, sound familiar.

So' date=' Code, how many wingers and how many hours of play into the season do we have to wait for the '15 minute' assessment?

Please tell us so we can wait in anticipation of your venerable yay or nay. Some of us can't make a decision until you pour forth your wisdom with your stats and declarations.[/quote']

I missed the first half of the Villa game so I cant comment on that, I did not really see us get under much pressure in the second half but when it happened it happened down our right.

A few gem quotes from code on Good old Glen:

"The verdict so far in the league, before I have seen him have to do any defending at all is; good going forward, good technique but makes his moves in slowmotion and would be easy to defend against for a half decent player, tends to drift out of position, looks to have a problem keeping the line and considering his height he should be more dominant at defensive set pieces.

We have played Spurs, a team not exactly known for their great defending and a Stoke team who had to change their gameplan as they conceded after a few minutes.

Johnson has been great going forward in these games, but the conditions could not have been better for him, being up against two teams who both have played with a formation where hey have almost abondoned their left side going forward and narrowed the team packing the central with an attacking wide player on he right.

We are going to play Villa next they usually attack a lot down the left even if their wide left player usually does fuck all when up against half decent opposition, it will be interesting to see how Johnson does in tha game then we`ll know a bit more about how his introduction in the team will affect our chances this season and if he was worht the money paid for him compared to strengthening another posistion."

"That did remind about when Pennant said he deserved a place in the England team.

Let the season start first Glen, then talk."

Johnson should be glad he is a defender, if he was an attacker he would probably end up a

399px-Bos_taurus_taurus_turd_.jpg

I hope he goes to Chelsea, we can always use the money to secure the Villa deal instead.

Then we can sign the superior M.Richards for £5M instead.

My fear is that if Jonhson moves here, to a club where he will not be allowed to make mistakes at the back as that can be the difference between a title or 3rd place he will go from being good to shite again.

Its a big difference playing for Pompey making a few runs forward where your failures are not as easily noticed because the defense on a whole is a bit of a shambles.

Pompey conceded 57 goals and Johnson, James(another england international) and another player we have been linked with Distin were certain starters all season.

I think a few will be sadly let down by this signing if it ever happens and I say this without even consider the price just to keep my own sanity.

If we pay a penny more than £10M for Glen fuckin Johnson, this is the prime example of why a manager should never be in charge of transfers, utter madness.

Thank God Parry was still at the club last summer if not we had sold Alonso for £13M and bought Barry for £20M I would guess.

Get a CEO in place now and let Rafa concentrate on coaching his players.

We need English players, fullback is one of the positions were we can afford to use someone mainly because of their nationality.

• 9 years later...
On 22/05/2013 at 10:15, dave u said:

Wait, Code said Voronin was better than Rooney and Tevez? Is this an actual thing?

I need to see where he said that. The ten right backs better than Johnson was a good one too. Wasn't Gretar Steinsen one of them?

On 22/05/2013 at 10:51, Code said:

I said the Voronin thing and I'll stand by it, he's got far better technique and skills than the other two put together, he does not run around as much though.

I've had K.Toure in my fantasy team when he's been at City so I guess I might have paid a bit more interest in his personal performances than most and believe me, he has been poor.

We should stay well clear of that one.

Looking for the famous ten right backs quote then and came across this. Pissing myself.

• Upvote 1