You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Stoke  

716 members have voted

1. 1. TLW picks the team v Stoke

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas has to play because, alongide Johnson, he was our only outfield player to come away from WHL with any credibility. Drop Mascherano or Gerrard if you want to change the midfield pair, they were both woeful last week, particularly the later who didn't seem to care and had more shots than passes.

Yeah, let's drop Gerrard. That sounds like a plan.

Excellent.

Daniel Ayala will partner Jamie Carragher at the heart of Liverpool's defence against Stoke tonight - a game you can listen to live on Liverpoolfc.tv from 7.30pm BST.

Martin Skrtel failed to recover from a head injury sustained against Tottenham.

The Reds XI in full:

----------------------Reina---------------------

Insua--------Ayala-------------Carragher----------Johnson

----------------Mascherano------------Lucas----------

Benayoun------------------------------------------Kuyt-----------------

----------------------------Gerrard, -------------------------

----------------------------------------Torres---------------------

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Voronin, Riera, Ngog, Babel, Kelly.

Lets hope Ayala can rise to the occasion. He shouldn't really have much to do, as we should be all over Stoke, but they will no doubt be looking at him and Lucas as the weak points in our side, and keep them under pressure when possible.

Come on you reds, lets get our home form off with a win!

I'd much rather Kelly at centre half than Ayala based on pre-season and i'd also like to see more creativity from central midfield. These are shite though so I suppose Lucas might be able to do something. Nice to see Yossi back in.

I think we'll win but I also think we could have made it a little bit easier for ourselves with the team selection.

That team is good enough to beat Stoke, my only concern is Ayala due to Stoke's style of play. But it's a good test for him and will say a lot about whether his potential is actually positive.

That statement worries me! There was quite a few games last season where people disagreed with the team selection, only to be told that, 'the team is good enough to beat (insert random shit team)' only for us to go and drop points!

I agree that we should win but I think we could have been a touch more positive with the team.

That statement worries me! There was quite a few games last season where people disagreed with the team selection, only to be told that, 'the team is good enough to beat (insert random shit team)' only for us to go and drop points!

I agree that we should win but I think we could have been a touch more positive with the team.

If Riera's not fit though, I'm not sure what else we can do. We sure as hell shouldn't let Babel stay in the side, so if we move Gerrard to the middle, who do we play on the left of the three (assuming Yossi would play behind Torres)? We needed Silva so fucking badly.

The Reds XI in full:

----------------------Reina---------------------

Insua--------Ayala-------------Carragher----------Johnson

----------------Mascherano------------Lucas----------

Benayoun------------------------------------------Kuyt-----------------

----------------------------Gerrard, -------------------------

----------------------------------------Torres---------------------

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Voronin, Riera, Ngog, Babel, Kelly.

2vs5mbq.gif2vs5mbq.gif2vs5mbq.gif2vs5mbq.gif2vs5mbq.gif2vs5mbq.gif

Too drunk to care.....COMON YOU REDS.

Tonight you will answer the call, tonight you enter as boys and leave as warriors. Tonight is the night where you prove yourselves and to the world of football why we are Liverpool FC.

You cant teach to players what we live for in every game:

To win.