You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phil Dowd

Crazyhorse7778

Dowd has always been a twat, the game is all about him. We didn't deserve anything yesterday but that was a stonewall pen and he shit out. The Spurs first goal should also have been disallowed as there was a player in an offside position directly in Pepe's line of sight. but that call should have come from the linesman.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame the referee for Spurs creating three times as many chances as us. Yeah he was shit but we deserved nothing. Let's have just one season with no ridiculous scapegoats, eh?

Tottenham deserved their win, but that does not excuse the fat cunt for not giving a nailed on penalty...

Tottenham deserved their win, but that does not excuse the fat cunt for not giving a nailed on penalty...

I completely agree. It's just world theory. Good things happen to those that earn good things and bad things happen to those that earn bad things. It's a religious relic 'whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.' Galatians 6:7.

00052522-A937-1427-94BC0C02AC1BF824.jpg

Is a useless fat cunt.

That is all.

Unfair to blame the ref solely for what was a very bad LFC performance. Yes, the foul on Voronin was a pen, but Dowd is not to blame for our loss. I mean even if it was a draw, how many of us would have been satisfied? A draw would have just papered over the cracks!

I don't think it's just Dowd, most referees probably wouldn't award a second pen to the away team with the scoreline as it was.

I spoke to a pro ref several years ago and their unofficial general rule of thumb is first 10 minutes and last 10 minutes give 50/50's to the away team, rest of the time the home team gets them, and never award a second pen to the away team unless it won't make any difference to the scoreline.

Although it shouldn't make any difference in theory, referees don't like to rock the boat and so they apply "common sense" when it comes to some decisions.

Dowd was never going to give us that pen in a million years, no matter how much it was nailed on, which was why Sammy Lee got walked.

And we were shite.

Guest davelfc
Unfair to blame the ref solely for what was a very bad LFC performance. Yes, the foul on Voronin was a pen, but Dowd is not to blame for our loss. I mean even if it was a draw, how many of us would have been satisfied? A draw would have just papered over the cracks!

If this was QI then the screens would be flashing and the siren going, well done! Second day of the season and already that quote. I've a list of clichés that I like to tick off each season in relation to us and you've got this one out of the way for me very early.

There can be no excusing the belief beggaring refusal of Dowd to award a penalty after that foul by the little shitsack who was having the day of his fucking life. To state that Liverpool played badly and hardly deserved anything from the game does not justify or excuse Dowd's disgraceful decision. If Liverpool had got the penalty and equalised then footballing justice may not have been served, but the laws of the game would have been correctly applied.

Week after week we have these inadequate human beings making judgements that change the course of football history. Whether they do it in all good faith is of no consolation to the teams that are on the receiving end of crap decisions. Incompetence cannot be acceptable anywhere in the working world other than at the FA. Even comment on these vain, pompous, arrogant individuals is banned. Footballers, when they have bad games, are held responsible and massively criticised for their performances - just check out these boards after yesterday's match if you doubt that fact. Yet referees are allowed to fuck up, week after week, with even the mildest criticism being hushed by the apologists who cite the thankless nature of the task referees perform. Well, fuck all that! These cunts want to be referees. They know, or should know, the laws of the game. The fact that they are incapable or unwilling of sticking to these laws suggest that they are fucking stupid or so fucking arrogant that they believe they can change the laws. Either way, footballers are denied justice, managers are sacked and fans are left to impotently fume in much the same way I am at this time.

This thread is not about excusing Liverpool's performance yesterday. It is about the decision making of one of a group of individuals who have become a more malignant influence on our game over the past few seasons. There can be excuses for fuckers like Dowd, no excuses whatsoever. The dreadful truth that there are more like him in the Premier League should give us all cause for concern for the rest of the season. The fat twat!

Forget the penalty claims. There were two incidents that annoyed me today.

Pepe took a quick goal kick in the second half, and Dowd pulls play back 2-3 seconds afterwards whilst we were on the attack. The ball goes back to Pepe, who plays another quick ball to Carragher to start the attack again. Dowd stops it again. Maybe if the ref used his whistle properly and signalled clearly that Spurs were about to make a sub, we wouldn't have had this little farce. Pepe and Carra were not best pleased to say the least.

Benayoun being penalised for handball on halfway. Haven't seen a replay of the incident, but again Dowd waited 2-3 seconds whilst Benayoun ran off down the middle on another attack, before pulling play back for the free kick. Dowd then spouts off about it being handball, trying to convince himself more than anything.

It doesn't bode well for when he next refs a Man U game. With Rooney, Ferdinand and Giggs in his face it won't be long before he loses control of the game.

I don't think it's just Dowd, most referees probably wouldn't award a second pen to the away team with the scoreline as it was....Dowd was never going to give us that pen in a million years, no matter how much it was nailed on, which was why Sammy Lee got walked.

There can be no excusing the belief beggaring refusal of Dowd to award a penalty after that foul....To state that Liverpool played badly and hardly deserved anything from the game does not justify or excuse Dowd's disgraceful decision. If Liverpool had got the penalty and equalised then footballing justice may not have been served, but the laws of the game would have been correctly applied....

All spot on. (By the way, from the Sky coverage I thought Benayoun used his arm to contol the ball, so that seemed a correct decision, but what the delay was for I've no idea).