You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mam was around earlier and a wasp came in through the window, so she said a wasp was there then waffed at it and it flew off towards the window. First thing I said was DON'T WAFF AT IT! Have never been stung before and I think that's largely down to being patient and never trying to hit them. Usually I get a bit of paper, magazine or whatever and wait for them to crawl onto it, then get it to an open window/door quickly where they can fly off.

Not sure what happened with the one earlier, it was wound up though after my Mam attempted to hit it I think and was cooking, shortly after it probably flew out of the window. I think a big reason why a lot of people get stung is attempting to hit them. Some wasps are just crazy and look really agitated and restless, a nightmare to deal with (which is also why some will get stung I suppose). That's maybe because they've been getting wound up bouncing off a window for ages or something. Often though I find them pretty chilled out and can just calmly get them out of a room.

Sometimes one will just hover around and do something that really does my head in : hover around slowly at first near a ceiling then swoop down and fly really fast towards me, and have ran out of a room before when they've done that. They always freak me out for the fear of being stung for the first time, but I think not attempting to kill or harm them really helps.

13 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

California Games

Used to love playing that on a friends NES as a kid! Have been thinking about it at times recently too as I've looked more at retro games. Was a fucking brilliant game, but fear trying to play it again will be a let down as it'll look and play really dated. Might have a look shortly.

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Used to love playing that on a friends NES as a kid! Have been thinking about it at times recently too as I've looked more at retro games. Was a fucking brilliant game, but fear trying to play it again will be a let down as it'll look really dated. Might have a look shortly.

It was ace on the Atari Lynx as well. Yeah, that’s the problem with retro games, they’re not as good as you remember them. To be honest, I seldom play them.

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

It was ace on the Atari Lynx as well. Yeah, that’s the problem with retro games, they’re not as good as you remember them. To be honest, I seldom play them.

Have just been playing it on an emulator. Everything but the flying disc game (which I eventually got working a few times) wound me up and I was shit. Have saved it though and hoping to go back and get better again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Have just been playing it on an emulator. Everything but the flying disc game (which I eventually got working a few times) wound me up and I was shit. Have saved it though and hoping to go back and get better again.

Sounds right up my street, that. There’s nothing better than whiling away the hours doing stuff that infuriates you. Love being incandescent with rage, me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sounds right up my street, that. There’s nothing better than whiling away the hours doing stuff that infuriates you. Love being incandescent with rage, me.

Haha, part of me just wants to enjoy it like I did as a kid. Will give it a couple of goes again and if it still winds me up maybe leave it.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Sometimes one will just hover around and do something that really does my head in : hover around slowly at first near a ceiling then swoop down and fly really fast towards me, and have ran out of a room before when they've done that. They always freak me out for the fear of being stung for the first time.....

Some wasps aren't looking for anything logical, like honey. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some wasps just want to watch the world burn.

• Upvote 1

My Mrs claims she got stang by a wasp whilst we were driving down the dock road on Saturday and the noise she made nearly caused me to crash the car. We had to pull into The Britannia car park in order for her to flounce about screeching for ten minutes solid. 

I love them, personally.     

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Bees have the right idea how to get rid of the fuckers....

Keeping thousands of bees in your house would bring its own problems though, not least when they all want to watch different things on the telly.

• Upvote 1

Had the nightmare scenario of a wasp flying in through the window before whilst driving, hovering all around my hands on the steering wheel and I couldn't stop due busy traffic. Luckily if showed mercy and flew back out the window.

On 05/08/2019 at 14:56, Total Longo said:

My Mrs claims she got stang by a wasp whilst we were driving down the dock road on Saturday and the noise she made nearly caused me to crash the car. We had to pull into The Britannia car park in order for her to flounce about screeching for ten minutes solid. 

I love them, personally.     

You've posted in this thread just so you can slip in the word stang, haven't you? 

• 2 weeks later...