You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Daniel Pacheco start against Unirea?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should Daniel Pacheco start against Unirea?

• Yes.
    • No, its too early.
    • Don't know.

Called me out? What are you on about?

How about being a supporter? We've a talented lad here and you're already slagging him off. If you've not been impressed with him in the reserves then you really don't know what you're talking about. The truth is it'd kill you to give Rafa even a slight bit of credit so you automatically slag off Pacheco.

He's foreign and Benitez brought him here; that's a potent mix of prejudice. The vertically challenged, bastard love child of Manuel, cunt.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacheco is very talented the only problem is his height but he might have the touch and technique to compensate. I would like to see Benitez gear the UEFA campaign around developing Pacheco playing him behind Torres. FA cup is probably not the right fixture because we want to win it with our senior players and try and salvage some pride so not the right place to introduce him but the UEFA cup gives us at least 2 games

Not to put too much pressure on the lad but we obviously pinched him off Barca just like Wenger did of Fabregas.

How was he rated by the club in comparison? Were they more gutted to see him go or not?

Obviously Fabregas made his first appearance at 16 and is a world class player but it's a bit of fun.

Not to put too much pressure on the lad but we obviously pinched him off Barca just like Wenger did of Fabregas.

How was he rated by the club in comparison? Were they more gutted to see him go or not?

Obviously Fabregas made his first appearance at 16 and is a world class player but it's a bit of fun.

Pacheco > Iniesta.

I will take that as being aimed at me coop, no problem there.

I'm not writing him off at all, I just dont rate him via watching the reserves for years.

I think the kid looks hungry, always wanting the ball, going forward all the time, a real livewire. But I don't see him getting a start in this team and under the current management I think he will be forced to curve his attacking style and defend more.

I maybe wrong and If the lad becomes a first team player and goes on to great things at the club, as always I will be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

But people seem to class him in the same bracket as Messi on here.

Yeah, But Adam Hamill was the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Bit of perspective though - how many wunderkinder have we seen from Arsenal - some of whom have done a lot more in the first team than Pacheco - have disappeared? 20-30 games in the first team, you can then tell what sort of career they're going to have.

Beware the ides of Marsh.

Bit of perspective though - how many wunderkinder have we seen from Arsenal - some of whom have done a lot more in the first team than Pacheco - have disappeared? 20-30 games in the first team, you can then tell what sort of career they're going to have.

Beware the ides of Marsh.

I agree with this.

Pacheco has been very good for the reserves this season but it's far too early to say if he can make it with the first team on a regualr basis yet.

Hope he gets half an hour in his real position today if we're wining by 2 or 3.

I hope Spearing gets on for half an hour too if we're winning well.

I agree with this.

Pacheco has been very good for the reserves this season but it's far too early to say if he can make it with the first team on a regualr basis yet.

Hope he gets half an hour in his real position today if we're wining by 2 or 3.

I hope Spearing gets on for half an hour too if we're winning well.

I'd start Jay with Aquilani.

If they can't cope with Reading it isn't a good sign.

Pacheco to come on later if we can get decently ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
now we're out of the FA cup it's time Pacheco got involved in the first team. some of the senior attacking players have been a disgrace, at least Pacheco will try and is committed so maybe out of a bad season we can develop a class player

With Gerrard, Torres and Bennynoon missing we won't have much choice.

now we're out of the FA cup it's time Pacheco got involved in the first team. some of the senior attacking players have been a disgrace, at least Pacheco will try and is committed so maybe out of a bad season we can develop a class player

Hope so, but I am guessing 4-4-2 with Kuyt and N'gog up front and a midfield og Aurelio/Babel/Riera, Lucas/Aqua, Mascher, Maxi......

Guest davelfc
Is Riera back yet, can't see Maxi being involved from the start tomorrow given the the amount of games we have coming up and he can't really of trained much with the team. I'd be great to see someone like Pachecho getting his chance and taking it.

I see that as a good reason to throw him into the starting line up. I also agree with throwing Pacheco on, but while many are calling for it the poor lad would only have to make a silly mistake to have fans on his back.

You're probably right Spy Bee, given the difference in the size of squads these days it represents a youngsters best chance of getting a decent run in the team. It has happened with Insua in a way although it hasn't worked for him. If he was good enough he has gotten ample opportunities to nail down a place long term.

I couldn't agree more. If Babel gets in the team ahead of him I believe Benitez is trying to get himself sacked.