You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Daniel Pacheco start against Unirea?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should Daniel Pacheco start against Unirea?

• Yes.
    • No, its too early.
    • Don't know.

Weird? Yes! l must be. l packed up my life and moved to Liverpool to support the Reds so wierd is ok with me, l've heard worse.

"Confident touches and movement?" lt is an absolute shame you used those words. How many times have people said Kuyt lacked "Confident touches and movement?"

Unless you're either pissed or using English as a second language (because I can't believe anyone could accidentally miss the point so many times), the tangential shifts (Kuyt? What???) you keep making suggest you just want an argument. I'm trying to have a discussion with you, but you're obviously not interested so I'll pass.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're either pissed or using English as a second language (because I can't believe anyone could accidentally miss the point so many times), the tangential shifts (Kuyt? What???) you keep making suggest you just want an argument. I'm trying to have a discussion with you, but you're obviously not interested so I'll pass.

We will go with this... :whistle:

Man behind me screamed "outstanding" when he cut the ball back with his first touch, I was going to ask him who he was off the forum as he sounded like some off the people on here.

When he gave the ball away a few minutes later, I turned to the man and said "fucking shit".

I would like to see more of this lad, but I do not see a position for him in the team at the momment.

Have to agree - bags of potential and a very exciting prospect. His position is second striker and we're not going to move Gerrard and focus our attacks through him.

It would be an experiment i'd like to see though -Yossi, masc, aquilani, gerrard in midfield behind Torres and Pacheo, would be interesting.

Man behind me screamed "outstanding" when he cut the ball back with his first touch, I was going to ask him who he was off the forum as he sounded like some off the people on here.

When he gave the ball away a few minutes later, I turned to the man and said "fucking shit".

I would like to see more of this lad, but I do not see a position for him in the team at the momment.

It sounds like you'd like to be proven right that he won't make it. I think you'll be in a similar position to when you called Reina a Spanish clown. Pacheco is a class act and he'll force his way into the team soon enough.

The lad is only 18 so whilst its foolish to say he is the next coming its also wrong to write him off.

He is a very exciting prospect who has been the pick of the bunch for the ressies for the last couple of seasons.

Barcelona were pissed off when he left just as much as they were when Fabregas joined Arsenal.

He plays in the role Gerrard plays in but in all fairness this does not mean we could not rotate Gerrard dropping into midfield and Pacheco playing behind Torres over the coming years.

The lad is not ready for the first team yet but these cameo roles he keeps doing will help his progression and heopefully next season we can see even more of him.

Wonder what the reaction of the lad would be if he was called Pat Checkers and came from Bootle.

He seems to be a lively, confident little player with very good technical ability.

Which is a positive as we lack proper, gifted technical ability - Kuyt, Babel, Riera all may have good quailities (well some) but they all lack technical ability.

He has potential. I would like to see a few more of those 15 minute cameo's.

I will take that as being aimed at me coop, no problem there.

I'm not writing him off at all, I just dont rate him via watching the reserves for years.

I think the kid looks hungry, always wanting the ball, going forward all the time, a real livewire. But I don't see him getting a start in this team and under the current management I think he will be forced to curve his attacking style and defend more.

I maybe wrong and If the lad becomes a first team player and goes on to great things at the club, as always I will be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

But people seem to class him in the same bracket as Messi on here.

Not aimed at you mate otherwise i would have quoted you when i wrote it.

The one thing i liked about both Pacheco and Spearing when they came on is they wanted the ball.

None of this shying away shite both players wanted the ball as much as possible and both had an hunger to impress.

I think Pacheco can be initially a useful squad player and i would much sooner have him on the bench then Voronin.

As the lad is only 18 he has time on his side and if he can continue to make the bench for the rest of this season content with cameo appearances then hopefully he can get a few more games next season.

When Gerrard is out , Pacheco can come in. Pacheco oozes quality and I am 100% sure he will make it at this club and become a fine player. I could tell with Steven and Robbie a long time before they reached the first team too. Pacheco certainly hasn't came out of nowhere - a lot of people have been aware of him for 2 years now. With Pacheco, Kelly, Dalla Valle, Wisdom and Amoo you can see there is a bright future here.

[/b]

Probably be told he is never going to make it by plenty on here, and we should get rid.

Thats the problem many fans need to understand that we need players like Spearing and Darby (plus the other youngsters but the two i mentioned seem to be getting stick).

Unless no-ones noticed we don't have a pot to piss in so we cant go spending £20m on every position in the team and then have 5 £20m players sat on the bench.

I doubt neither Spearing or Darby will be regular starting eleven players but what they will offer is good, hard working squad players who will always give you 100% and every team needs players like that in its squad.

Ive said it before but we can easily get rid of Voronin, Babel, Dossena and Degen and not even be effected as a team due to the fact we can promote Spearing, Pacheco, Darby, Kelly and Eccleston and still be no worse off.

Thats the problem many fans need to understand that we need players like Spearing and Darby (plus the other youngsters but the two i mentioned seem to be getting stick).

Unless no-ones noticed we don't have a pot to piss in so we cant go spending £20m on every position in the team and then have 5 £20m players sat on the bench.

I doubt neither Spearing or Darby will be regular starting eleven players but what they will offer is good, hard working squad players who will always give you 100% and every team needs players like that in its squad.

Ive said it before but we can easily get rid of Voronin, Babel, Dossena and Degen and not even be effected as a team due to the fact we can promote Spearing, Pacheco, Darby, Kelly and Eccleston and still be no worse off.

To me that is the ideal model - boost the squad with good quality youngsters who may be able to develop and claim a first eleven place on their own merits.

Then buy one £20 million player a season or maybe a couple of £10 million to add that little bit of class.

Plus the money those youngsters should generate will ensure we boost our revenue - the likes of Ngog and Insua are worth much more than what they cost.

Pacheco had a great 10 mins the impact he had was great. The whole team boosted the second he got on the pitch he was skillful fast tried to take on people the boy looked fantastic i cant wait to see him getting a full debut. What is hios natural position though he seems very versatile.

No pressure for him to succeed there then.

The Pacheco eats pressure for breakfast, dinner, tea, and even at snacktime, it's one of his fuels.

hahahaha!

I think it's a little premature to be getting too excited over the kid but he did well when he came on yesterday. Looked quick and confident, put a good ball in which if Torres had left (as he should've done) Kuyt would've scored from.

Like to see him get a start or 30 minutes against Reading, but as it's been touched on with the fixture break and Rafa's pressure I can see him playing our strongest side

Grow a set of balls lad, I've called you out a few times and here you are talking bollocks.

I'm very consistent in slagging the management off, I don't rate Pacheco but I want him to prove me wrong, Is that ok with you?

Called me out? What are you on about?

How about being a supporter? We've a talented lad here and you're already slagging him off. If you've not been impressed with him in the reserves then you really don't know what you're talking about. The truth is it'd kill you to give Rafa even a slight bit of credit so you automatically slag off Pacheco.