You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Daniel Pacheco start against Unirea?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should Daniel Pacheco start against Unirea?

• Yes.
    • No, its too early.
    • Don't know.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is certainly ready for plenty more substitute apperances. He needs to be on the bench for the rest of the season and given as many minutes as possible. l've watched him in the reserves since he arrived, he is going to be a superstar!!

Lets just hope he is a superstar at Anfield.

his passing was exquisite. yea, he needs more chances to play.

Confident young lad who can control the ball and has the vision to pass to a team mate.

Wasted out wide and in all fairness tonight i would have put Gerrard on the right and Pacheco in his natural position just behind the striker.

Like its been posted he is a far better option then Voronin to bring on as a sub and in all fairness its something i would look at regards selling Babel, Dossena, Degen and Voronin and promoting Eccleston, Amoo, Kelly and Pacheco to take their places in the first team.

Doing this would allow whatever cash we raised on sales to be spent purely on one player.

What he needs now is regular first-team game time. If he can continue his development for the rest of the season, with a few cameo appearances here and there, he should then be ready to go out on loan to try and get more first-team games elsewhere. If he develops quickly enough, he could well become a regular squad player here instead. As said before, he could save us a fortune.

I liked what I saw from him today. Wouldn't mind him getting more playing time. Was it just me or is he pretty quick?

I'm fascinated by what he can give us with his skill and passing, was fucking chuffed to see him get on today. He made a pass with Torres, who then tried passing to someone else, and it was like I was seeing us try to do what I dream of us doing, which is basically playing neat and fast passing along the floor around the last third/edge of opponents area, (like Spain on form!) fucking loved it. If he can help us play that type of footie instead of what we usually play, he could be truly legendary.

Thought it was a shit match though, but definitely with some cool bits towards the end. Was just really shocked to see Pacheco on the pitch. If I ever get a name on a liverpool top (I don't usually like doing that and never have done before with a footie top.) it's probably going to be Pacheco.

edit : and I'm past trying to sum up how much respect I have for Gerrard in words, and how fucking awesome he is, can't do it. He's like sometype of legendary warrior, and I never, ever want to see him stop playing, will be fucking crushed when he's done, and I'll almost definitely cry and aren't ashamed to admit it!

I'm fascinated by what he can give us with his skill and passing, was fucking chuffed to see him get on today. He made a pass with Torres, who then tried passing to someone else, and it was like I was seeing us try to do what I dream of us doing, which is basically playing neat and fast passing along the floor around the last third/edge of opponents area, (like Spain on form!) fucking loved it. If he can help us play that type of footie instead of what we usually play, he could be truly legendary.

Thought it was a shit match though, but definitely with some cool bits towards the end. Was just really shocked to see Pacheco on the pitch. If I ever get a name on a liverpool top (I don't usually like doing that and never have done before with a footie top.) it's probably going to be Pacheco.

edit : and I'm past trying to sum up how much respect I have for Gerrard in words, and how fucking awesome he is, can't do it. He's like sometype of legendary warrior, and I never, ever want to see him stop playing, will be fucking crushed when he's done, and I'll almost definitely cry and aren't ashamed to admit it!

I'm actually fascinated by the fact he moves off the ball. Why on earth do we persist with this lining up across the box??

l'm not actually facinated, just wondering why?

Confident young lad who can control the ball and has the vision to pass to a team mate.

Wasted out wide and in all fairness tonight i would have put Gerrard on the right and Pacheco in his natural position just behind the striker.

Like its been posted he is a far better option then Voronin to bring on as a sub and in all fairness its something i would look at regards selling Babel, Dossena, Degen and Voronin and promoting Eccleston, Amoo, Kelly and Pacheco to take their places in the first team.

Doing this would allow whatever cash we raised on sales to be spent purely on one player.

Wasted out wide? 2 nil up? I can't agree with that.

Far better option? Wholeheartedly agree with that!

Y.N.W.A

Play the lad!

Christ, this thread shows how desperate we all are when we're looking at an 18 year old for a bit of cheer, doesn't it? I was made up to see him come on and was, like everyone else, impressed by his confidence and touch. It was especially good to see him telling the older players where he wanted the ball to go - much as Speo does (who also had another decent cameo).

However, I am definitely resisting the temptation to see the lad as the next boy wonder. We've over-hyped so many players in the recent past only to leave egg on our own faces and pressure on those players' shoulders. As with Speo, I'm just delighted to see the blockage from Kirby to Melwood has been shifted. Long may it continue because it seems the only way we're going to be able to compete at the highest level is if we can do a Barca and develop our own world class talent - and that was never going to happen in the midst of a civil war that had the youth set up as one of its primary battle fields.

Christ, this thread shows how desperate we all are when we're looking at an 18 year old for a bit of cheer, doesn't it? I was made up to see him come on and was, like everyone else, impressed by his confidence and touch. It was especially good to see him telling the older players where he wanted the ball to go - much as Speo does (who also had another decent cameo).

However, I am definitely resisting the temptation to see the lad as the next boy wonder. We've over-hyped so many players in the recent past only to leave egg on our own faces and pressure on those players' shoulders. As with Speo, I'm just delighted to see the blockage from Kirby to Melwood has been shifted. Long may it continue because it seems the only way we're going to be able to compete at the highest level is if we can do a Barca and develop our own world class talent - and that was never going to happen in the midst of a civil war that had the youth set up as one of its primary battle fields.

My name is Terence and if Dani P does not turn out to be a be a SuperStar l will dig back gardens, paint houses, free of charge. And if you trust me with the plastering, l'll have a go off that too. That is how much confidence l have in the chap. He's a monster...

My name is Terence and if Dani P does not turn out to be a be a SuperStar l will dig back gardens, paint houses, free of charge. And if you trust me with the plastering, l'll have a go off that too. That is how much confidence l have in the chap. He's a monster...

Hopefully I won't have to take you up on that offer. However, I want to see much more from him before I get carried away. Goals, primarily.

Spoilt Bastardo. What is he? 18/19? Give him a chance Paul???

You must be reading everything through some weird "Everything is amazing and I must rebut any point that deviates from that view" glasses, mate. The whole point of everything I've written about him is that precise point - he's a kid who's just come through and he needs the time and space to show us what he's got before we all go nuts over him. Christ, has he even had 45 minutes in the first team yet and you're telling us he'll be a super star based on some confident touches and movement? No pressure for him to succeed there then.

You must be reading everything through some weird "Everything is amazing and I must rebut any point that deviates from that view" glasses, mate. The whole point of everything I've written about him is that precise point - he's a kid who's just come through and he needs the time and space to show us what he's got before we all go nuts over him. Christ, has he even had 45 minutes in the first team yet and you're telling us he'll be a super star based on some confident touches and movement? No pressure for him to succeed there then.

I agree, the same was done with Spearing. These are talented kids, they need chances in games like yesterday's, but it is difficult to say more than "they are talented" after a 5 or 10 minute appearance. Ngog has played a whole lot more, and I still think of him as "talented, let's see"...

Weird? Yes! l must be. l packed up my life and moved to Liverpool to support the Reds so wierd is ok with me, l've heard worse.

"Confident touches and movement?" lt is an absolute shame you used those words. How many times have people said Kuyt lacked "Confident touches and movement?"

I agree, the same was done with Spearing. These are talented kids, they need chances in games like yesterday's, but it is difficult to say more than "they are talented" after a 5 or 10 minute appearance. Ngog has played a whole lot more, and I still think of him as "talented, let's see"...

Spearing? Nothing against the boy but will he make it? I wouldn't think so.

Ngog? Will he make it? l'd be amazed if he didn't. l think he is a fine player.

Dani P? Well you know....