You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I hate those fucking Peruvian Flute Bands. I think them being here is to save us from total annihilation and destruction at the hands of hoardes and hoardes of Guinea bees, Guinea pirates and of course Guinea saurus Rex'.

They say everything happens for a reason, eh.

That stupid bitch who sits by La Vina really pisses me off and i mean PISSES ME OFF.. In this stupid horrible whiney voice i guarentee she will say "Any spare change pleaseee" and before you can even say "No fuck off" she says "Thank's have a nice day anyway" in this stupid sarcastic way, the fat smelly worn out baggy fannied crack smoking motherfucker

I hate those fucking Peruvian Flute Bands. I think them being here is to save us from total annihilation and destruction at the hands of hoardes and hoardes of Guinea bees, Guinea pirates and of course Guinea saurus Rex'.

They say everything happens for a reason, eh.

My missus will not rest until she has her very own Guinea Pirate.

Damn you Parker, damn you to hell!

The tw@ts from Talk Talk are the biggest beggars going, you cant go shopping without them trying to rugby tackle you to the ground. They're at the Morrisons by mine EVERY single day. They ask you which company you're with on the way in AND on the way out??!! For the first week I was polite, "No thanks, Im not interested". Now, I couldnt give a shit how ignorant I look, I just ignore them as if they're not there.

This problem is more widespread than most people realise. I've just received a letter from a prospective Liberal Democrat MP.

The opening sentence is "Everywhere I go right now, people tell me that they want change".

I don't think it's confined to Britain either, even Obama is at it.

I love those guys in town who play the accordion and flute and shit. They're awesome, it sounds like the Star Wars bar theme too.

Bettered only by having a violent drunk dancer next to them .You know the type that just jumps up and down waving their arms in a punchy sort of way that is ,well a bit violent really .

Is it any more sickening than working in a sales centre for any retail company though? At least they are getting paid to try and sell you charity, instead of the latest upgrade to something you didn't actually need in the first place.

If you have to have a job to pay the bills, and meithering people to give a bit to charity is one of the options, is it really that bad a thing?

The argument about big bosses for charity has a similar twang to it. If you're the type of guy that can pull in a £90K salary then surely it's a better thing to apply those skills for Oxfam than for BP?

But why should some of my donation be paying their wages and their bosses wages, these people are getting a nice paypacket from this but they make you feel like all your money is going to help feed a family in Africa, it's a bit of a con job whereas there are some great charities that are more deserving of your money that don't hire people to sell you their charity.

Its turning into a business for some of them and its hiding the ones that are full of great people doing everything they can to help their cause.

But why should some of my donation be paying their wages and their bosses wages, these people are getting a nice paypacket from this but they make you feel like all your money is going to help feed a family in Africa, it's a bit of a con job whereas there are some great charities that are more deserving of your money that don't hire people to sell you their charity.

Its turning into a business for some of them and its hiding the ones that are full of great people doing everything they can to help their cause.

What difference does it make if your donation is paying for the sales people on the street, or the people handing out food and clothing in Somalia or Congo? They are all part of the charity, with the same goal.

An ex of mine worked for Oxfam, and at the time their policy was to keep costs at or below 10% of all income received, which obviously includes wages etc. So 'nice paypacket' equaled a fucking small wage when I had friends at Oxfam. I would imagine the cold callers on the street are on even less than the HQ staff or the field staff.

What difference does it make if your donation is paying for the sales people on the street, or the people handing out food and clothing in Somalia or Congo? They are all part of the charity, with the same goal.

An ex of mine worked for Oxfam, and at the time their policy was to keep costs at or below 10% of all income received, which obviously includes wages etc. So 'nice paypacket' equaled a fucking small wage when I had friends at Oxfam. I would imagine the cold callers on the street are on even less than the HQ staff or the field staff.

A mate of mine was told he was starting a new job in the morning by the recruitment agency, when he turned up for it he found out he was going around with another lad selling a well known charity door to door, surely thats not right. Maybe i'm just being blinkered but if your working for a charity its because of the cause and you're willing to take a small wage because its something you believe in and not see it as a way to make money for yourself.

I just think people should question the charity they're giving too rather than to be pressured into sigining up by some fella using a selling technique making you feel quilty and getting paid to do it.

The charity ones are the worst and you should avoid signing up. My girlfriend did an audit at a charity that uses them and every time they got a sign up, they were getting £50. On average, most people who signed up as a result of the street crew cancelled their £2 direct debit after 6 months, so it costs a lot of money have them on the street. I've pointed this out to a few (who were rightfully embarrassed) but now I just ignore them. You can't blame the individuals doing it, but the principle is a nightmare.

The tw@ts from Talk Talk are the biggest beggars going, you cant go shopping without them trying to rugby tackle you to the ground. They're at the Morrisons by mine EVERY single day. They ask you which company you're with on the way in AND on the way out??!! For the first week I was polite, "No thanks, Im not interested". Now, I couldnt give a shit how ignorant I look, I just ignore them as if they're not there.

i am guessing from your L24 postcode that you go to the speke morrisons.ive just come back from there,and yes! talk talk are there in the foyer.the lad there today looks bored to tears,and when he approched me i hit him with my standard reply to any of these bods trying to get you to change to their product. i say"no thanks, im quite happy to pay through the nose with my current provider"and just carry on walking.they very rarely have an instant reply to that.

A few weeks ago i had a mouthy gobshite from N power knock at my door asking have i had my £100 bonus yet from them for switching to them,when i said no, he said "are you mad ?"to which i answered as a matter of fact yes i am.i then wound him up by saying my current (no pun intended) supplier had far better quality electricity than n power,to which he said that all electricity was the same,so i told him he would say that wouldnt he?he was fucking sorry he knocked at my door in the end.he finally gave up and fucked off convinced i was indeed mad.when i came back into the living room,my wife was crying with laughter.

i strongly recommend you deal with cold callers in this manner,i used to get well pissed off with them,but i look forward to them calling now to take the piss.

Next time Jehovas Witnesses come around, get some of their leaflets and then get them out the door. Now read the leaflets, remembering a few of their catchphrases. Now you're armed to take on all those door sales people. Just invite them in saying they are most welcome to come in, would they like a cup of tea, and you have some leaflets of your own to give to them. That is when they normally bolt from my frontdoor and never come back.

I don't understand the negative reactions to Big Issue sellers or people who work for charities. Why does anyone feel "pressured" or as if they are "made to feel guilty"?

If someone shouts at me in the street, trying to get me to buy their publication, it makes no difference wheter it's the Big Issue or the Echo. If I'm interested, I'll buy it. If not, I won't.

Likewise, if someone wants me to spend a minute trying to persuade me to sign up to something - say, a new phone service or a charity - if it's something I'm interested in I'll go for it, if not I won't.

In any case, I don't see any need to be resentful or rude towards poor saps trying to get on by doing a fairly shitty job.

This problem is more widespread than most people realise. I've just received a letter from a prospective Liberal Democrat MP.

The opening sentence is "Everywhere I go right now, people tell me that they want change".

I don't think it's confined to Britain either, even Obama is at it.

Why is Strontium Dog writing to you?

I don't understand the negative reactions to Big Issue sellers or people who work for charities. Why does anyone feel "pressured" or as if they are "made to feel guilty"?

If someone shouts at me in the street, trying to get me to buy their publication, it makes no difference wheter it's the Big Issue or the Echo. If I'm interested, I'll buy it. If not, I won't.

Likewise, if someone wants me to spend a minute trying to persuade me to sign up to something - say, a new phone service or a charity - if it's something I'm interested in I'll go for it, if not I won't.

In any case, I don't see any need to be resentful or rude towards poor saps trying to get on by doing a fairly shitty job.

It actually annoys me more that the Big Issue sellers are generally so shit. How is repeating over and over again "Big issue" a better idea than saying "Big Issue, Robbie Williams talks about his night of passion with a goat!"

Shit.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

i've started giving the crap free food i recieve from work to a tramp i see when i get off the bus. He's happy to take it and doesn't hassle me when i dont have any grub or hassle me for ciggies.

This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

Loads of them are on minimum wage and don't get commission.

If they don't sign up enough people per week they get sacked.

Still do my fucking head in though.

I don't mind beggars as long as they aren't aggressiove and don't tell you lies about cars, trains, buses or any other shit. with their 100 quid lacoste tracksuit on. Fewof them about town.

You see them sometimes heading home and popping to a pizza place on Hardman Street to bring home after a good days begging.

My policy is to never buy anything off a salesperson, because whatever I'm paying must be supplementing their income and therefore can be bought elsewhere minus that added expense.

I've briefly been a salesman and I fucking hated it.

I love those guys in town who play the accordion and flute and shit. They're awesome, it sounds like the Star Wars bar theme too.

I'd gladly pay to hear a group of Romanians with huge acoustic guitars and pan pipes play the Cantina music. That's not begging, that's quality entertainment!

Loads of them are on minimum wage and don't get commission.

If they don't sign up enough people per week they get sacked.

Still do my fucking head in though.

I don't mind beggars as long as they aren't aggressiove and don't tell you lies about cars, trains, buses or any other shit. with their 100 quid lacoste tracksuit on. Fewof them about town.

You see them sometimes heading home and popping to a pizza place on Hardman Street to bring home after a good days begging.

Aggressive beggars seems to be the norm now. A conversation I once had at the bottom of Bold Street:

Baghead: "Arrrrrr lad - ave yer gorranee chaaange?"

Me: "Sorry, luv."

Baghead: "Arreyyyy lad I've jus sinyer gerra tenner arrrrda da wall over dere, likkkke!"

Me: "FUCK OFF, SMACKHEAD!!"

Cheeky, smackrat cunts.